fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Clay, I’ve had the box for remember me checked for as long as I’ve been using the site. It doesn’t make a difference. All it does is after it logs me out, it shows my name and password next time so I don’t have to type it in again to log back in. It logs me out everytime I leave the site, check another one and come back and the situation I was describing had happened a couple times where I had just logged in, was using the site maybe half an hour or an hour, didn’t leave it at all, went to type something and then it said I was logged out. A few times on my phone I logged in, looked at another app, went back here and it made me log in again like 10 min later. I never log out. It always logs me out automatically and that’s why I’ve been frustrated.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Kim – double check your browser settings. You might have your browser’s Privacy/Security settings to automatically delete all cached history, cookies, passwords, etc.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Clay
        Keymaster

Right. Your browser uses cookies to keep you logged in. If you’re not sure if cookies are disabled, look in your browsers’s preferences menu. If you need help with this, just let me know which browser you’re using and I can tell you exactly where this setting is. IF cookies are enabled and the Remember Me box is checked and you’re still being logged out, then something strange is going on that will require more in-depth troubleshooting.

Kim
          Blocked

Oh yeah, I checked my settings on my phone and Chrome and it was checked to save passwords but it wasn’t checked to save cookies so let’s see if that works now.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
            Participant

The main page is not updating “Freshness” to show who posted last and how long ago. It does show when there are new posts and the sub-pages are updating properly.

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Is there any way to “re-activate” disabled listings without going through an administrator? (I hate bothering you about classified-related matters) Sure the email notices are nice, but sometimes they get missed and the listing expires. It would be great if we could just log in to our accounts, go to listings, click “disabled” and bring them back to life ourselves. The option to edit is there, but what good is it if the listing is no longer public?

If there is a way to do this already, I am not aware. Thanks for your time 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Clay
                Keymaster

I agree—it would be great if that were possible. I’ve complained about it to the Classified plugin developer, but so far they have not added that feature. It seems like an obvious thing, but I think the issue is that many websites charge users for posting classifieds, and for those sites they don’t want users to be able to reactivate ads without paying. Still it seems like something that could be fixed. In the meantime, I could set the ads to never expire, and then this problem would disappear, right? The problem with that (potentially) is that we could end up with lots of old ads that are still active, but shouldn’t be. I don’t know how diligent people are about removing ads that are outdated (e.g., the item has been sold, or they’re no longer looking for a particular item). But re-enabling ads is easy for me to do, and it doesn’t come up very often, so don’t hesitate to ask me.

Clay
                  Keymaster

An update for the forum plugin was just released. I’ll install it now, and hopefully that will fix the issue. If not, I’ll investigate and get back to you.

Bodancia
                    Participant

Interesting – the font appears to have changed on everything, and also the font size is smaller. . .

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

An update for the forum plugin was just released. I’ll install it now, and hopefully that will fix the issue. If not, I’ll investigate and get back to you.

freshness isn’t working still near as I can tell…

also, I can’t see the text inside a quoted area when I quote a post….

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

I agree—it would be great if that were possible. I’ve complained about it to the Classified plugin developer, but so far they have not added that feature. It seems like an obvious thing, but I think the issue is that many websites charge users for posting classifieds, and for those sites they don’t want users to be able to reactivate ads without paying. Still it seems like something that could be fixed. In the meantime, I could set the ads to never expire, and then this problem would disappear, right? The problem with that (potentially) is that we could end up with lots of old ads that are still active, but shouldn’t be. I don’t know how diligent people are about removing ads that are outdated (e.g., the item has been sold, or they’re no longer looking for a particular item). But re-enabling ads is easy for me to do, and it doesn’t come up very often, so don’t hesitate to ask me.

Hmm i see the dilemma. I agree with you about removing the expiration to the ads. Even now, some of the ads shows “sold” or “traded” and it’s just left there. Perhaps to let others know the item is no longer available, but the same can be done by simply removing the ad. So you would probably be inundated with old ads floating around on your forum. Well, thank you for looking into to it 🙂

In addition to this, the page numbers in the threads have tranformed into little itty bitty fonts. I typically use a tablet so this makes it very difficult to click on the page numbers. Was there a reason for the smaller font?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

GardenNinja
                          Participant

I do this until the piece is received, so the recipient can reference it if they want. I usually delete the ad promptly when I find it has been received, but occasionally I forget. I agree they should expire.

Other problems with the update: The tiny avatar box next to names in the thread and forum lists is distracting, as is the white outline around the page numbers. They make the list harder to read.

There are a number of places with white-on-white text, or nearly so. One place is the file information when attaching a file to a post. This is going the opposite direction it needs to! Something should call attention to the file size, at least if it is too large. Now you can hardly see the file size at all, or the name of the photo.

I agree that the tiny size of the page numbers when you are inside a thread is a problem.

I am running Firefox on Windows 10.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Clay
                            Keymaster

Yes, I don’t know why the new forum update wreaked havoc on our formatting, but it did. I’ve fixed several of the issues, and I’ll get to the others in the next few days.

Clay
                              Keymaster

freshness isn’t working still near as I can tell…

also, I can’t see the text inside a quoted area when I quote a post….

Yes, the freshness data is apparently a separate issue. I’ll work on it as soon as I can.

sherry10151982
                                Participant

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned but the forum posts aren’t refreshing so they’re backlogged a couple of days but if you click on them you can see the newer posts. It just doesn’t notify you that there’s a new post.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.