New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

This topic contains 498 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  Kim 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 496 through 499 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Kim
    Participant

Clay, I’ve had the box for remember me checked for as long as I’ve been using the site. It doesn’t make a difference. All it does is after it logs me out, it shows my name and password next time so I don’t have to type it in again to log back in. It logs me out everytime I leave the site, check another one and come back and the situation I was describing had happened a couple times where I had just logged in, was using the site maybe half an hour or an hour, didn’t leave it at all, went to type something and then it said I was logged out. A few times on my phone I logged in, looked at another app, went back here and it made me log in again like 10 min later. I never log out. It always logs me out automatically and that’s why I’ve been frustrated.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
    Participant

Kim – double check your browser settings. You might have your browser’s Privacy/Security settings to automatically delete all cached history, cookies, passwords, etc.

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
    "And now, Draco, without you, what do we do? Where do we turn?"
    "To the stars, Bowen. To the stars."

>>> Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Clay
    Keymaster

Kim – double check your browser settings. You might have your browser’s Privacy/Security settings to automatically delete all cached history, cookies, passwords, etc.

Right. Your browser uses cookies to keep you logged in. If you’re not sure if cookies are disabled, look in your browsers’s preferences menu. If you need help with this, just let me know which browser you’re using and I can tell you exactly where this setting is. IF cookies are enabled and the Remember Me box is checked and you’re still being logged out, then something strange is going on that will require more in-depth troubleshooting.

Kim
    Participant

Oh yeah, I checked my settings on my phone and Chrome and it was checked to save passwords but it wasn’t checked to save cookies so let’s see if that works now.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 4 posts - 496 through 499 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.