fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned but the forum posts aren’t refreshing so they’re backlogged a couple of days but if you click on them you can see the newer posts. It just doesn’t notify you that there’s a new post.

Yes, that’s the “Freshness” problem that Clay is talking about it the post above yours. Are you sure that most of the topics don’t show when there is a new post? “Community” doesn’t (it never has) but on my computer most of the other topics will have a small, dark “New Post” message at the left margin.

sherry10151982
      Participant

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned but the forum posts aren’t refreshing so they’re backlogged a couple of days but if you click on them you can see the newer posts. It just doesn’t notify you that there’s a new post.

Yes, that’s the “Freshness” problem that Clay is talking about it the post above yours. Are you sure that most of the topics don’t show when there is a new post? “Community” doesn’t (it never has) but on my computer most of the other topics will have a small, dark “New Post” message at the left margin.

No, it doesn’t even show that. Of course I’m always using my apple phone so maybe that’s the problem? I tried deleting all my history but that didn’t work.

Clay
        Keymaster

I fixed the pagination font size and the image upload formatting. I’m working on the freshness issue, but that one is complicated and may take a few days to get figured out.

Clay
          Keymaster

I think I have fixed the freshness issue. If anyone notices more trouble with that, please post here or contact me directly. Thanks

Pegasi1978
            Participant

It’s still not working right. When viewing the main forum listing right now it shows you posted in Help and Feedback “16 hours, 48 minutes ago”. When you come in the section and look at the time listing for when you posted it says “13 hours, 8 minutes ago”.

Other sections still show last updated days ago when there are new posts.

I’d attach pictures, but I browse via phone and can’t shrink screenshots file sizes enough to post.

Clay
              Keymaster

Yeah I ran a routine that updates the freshness manually, so if I run that right now everything will be up to date, but it won’t stay current because the automatic updating is still not working.

Clay
                Keymaster

OK, the developers who make our forum software are aware of the freshness problem (other sites are having the same issue). They are working on it, so hopefully it will get fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

etruscan
                  Participant

It looks as though the freshness problem is fixed. Thanks.

On to another issue – as of this afternoon, formatting for the Classified ads is messed up. The individual ads don’t show the lister’s name, and they don’t have the “Private Message” button at the top. Instead the space between the ad title and the ad text has part of the Classified Page text for searching, i.e. “Find Listings”, “Place Ad”, “Browse Ads”, and “Search Ads”.

Clay
                    Keymaster

It looks as though the freshness problem is fixed. Thanks.

On to another issue – as of this afternoon, formatting for the Classified ads is messed up. The individual ads don’t show the lister’s name, and they don’t have the “Private Message” button at the top. Instead the space between the ad title and the ad text has part of the Classified Page text for searching, i.e. “Find Listings”, “Place Ad”, “Browse Ads”, and “Search Ads”.

I updated the Classifieds plugin last night. It’s a major update. They changed some things. I already had to fix a bunch of formatting. There may be some stuff that will be different now, but over the next couple of days I will work to make it as similar to the old version as possible.

etruscan
                      Participant

The “Classifieds” are working much better. Thank you.
                        One minor point – when looking at an ad belonging to a member, or when looking at member profiles, the number next to “Listings” is 0, even when the person has some ads in the “Classifieds”. Clicking on the “Listings” link does bring up the current ads created by that person.

GardenNinja
                        Participant

I’m having trouble renewing an ad. I couldn’t get to the dashboard, so I tried the link in the email notification. It told me “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Clay
                          Keymaster

I’m having trouble renewing an ad. I couldn’t get to the dashboard, so I tried the link in the email notification. It told me “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

I renewed your ad for you. Since the update to the Classifieds software, we are clearly having issues with people being able to access expired ads. I will get this fixed as soon as possible.

Clay
                            Keymaster

One minor point – when looking at an ad belonging to a member, or when looking at member profiles, the number next to “Listings” is 0, even when the person has some ads in the “Classifieds”. Clicking on the “Listings” link does bring up the current ads created by that person.

Is anyone else experiencing this? For me the numbers are displaying correctly.

Clay
                              Keymaster

Ok, I see now. For admin users the numbers are correct. For normal users the number is “0”, and for users who aren’t logged in at all, it says “131.” Definitely a bug in this latest update—I will contact the developer.

Clay
                                Keymaster

I renewed your ad for you. Since the update to the Classifieds software, we are clearly having issues with people being able to access expired ads. I will get this fixed as soon as possible.

I think this is fixed now. I won’t know for sure until we wait a few days and see if anyone continues to have this issue. If anyone continues to have trouble with the “renew ad” links, please post here. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.