fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

The “Classifieds” are working much better. Thank you.
      One minor point – when looking at an ad belonging to a member, or when looking at member profiles, the number next to “Listings” is 0, even when the person has some ads in the “Classifieds”. Clicking on the “Listings” link does bring up the current ads created by that person.

Ok, I see now. For admin users the numbers are correct. For normal users the number is “0”, and for users who aren’t logged in at all, it says “131.” Definitely a bug in this latest update—I will contact the developer.

Yes, I see. It appears that users not logged in see the total number of “Classified” ads. I’m still seeing 0 when I am logged in.

I wonder whether I am seeing 0 because I don’t have any ads posted. Does someone who has ads listed also see 0, or do you see the number of current ads that you have posted?

Clay
      Keymaster

The “Classifieds” are working much better. Thank you.
        One minor point – when looking at an ad belonging to a member, or when looking at member profiles, the number next to “Listings” is 0, even when the person has some ads in the “Classifieds”. Clicking on the “Listings” link does bring up the current ads created by that person.

Ok, I see now. For admin users the numbers are correct. For normal users the number is “0”, and for users who aren’t logged in at all, it says “131.” Definitely a bug in this latest update—I will contact the developer.

Yes, I see. It appears that users not logged in see the total number of “Classified” ads. I’m still seeing 0 when I am logged in.

I wonder whether I am seeing 0 because I don’t have any ads posted. Does someone who has ads listed also see 0, or do you see the number of current ads that you have posted?

The developer has notified me that a bug fix will be released today. I’ll install it as soon as I can. Stand by…

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Hey Clay – Some Classified listing indications are displayed incorrectly too…. For example, Kelsey has more than 2 listings, but that is what is displayed as her ‘Listings’ number – 2. Kelsey actually has 10 listings total, so something else is going on here.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Clay
          Keymaster

Hey Clay – Some Classified listing indications are displayed incorrectly too…. For example, Kelsey has more than 2 listings, but that is what is displayed as her ‘Listings’ number – 2. Kelsey actually has 10 listings total, so something else is going on here.

Yes, the listings count is inaccurate right now (in various ways). Supposedly they will release a bug fix today, but I just checked and it’s not out yet.

etruscan
            Participant

I think that you are seeing “2” listings for Kelsey (and probably everyone else) because you have two ads in the Classifieds. I see “0” listings for people and that likely reflects the fact that I don’t have any ads.

Clay
              Keymaster

I think that you are seeing “2” listings for Kelsey (and probably everyone else) because you have two ads in the Classifieds. I see “0” listings for people and that likely reflects the fact that I don’t have any ads.

The bug fix for this was supposed to be released yesterday, but wasn’t. I’ll install it as soon as they publish it.

Clay
                Keymaster

Just installed the bug fix for the Classifieds, and the listings count seems to be working now.

Aaron
                  Participant

Hi Clay, I’ve been trying to renew my classified ads (I’m logged in), and when I click on the link in my emails stating that the ads will expire, the page that comes up says “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” Any ideas why? Thank you!

Clay
                    Keymaster

Hi Clay, I’ve been trying to renew my classified ads (I’m logged in), and when I click on the link in my emails stating that the ads will expire, the page that comes up says “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.” Any ideas why? Thank you!

This has been an issue for some people since the Classifieds software was updated a few days ago. I renewed your ads for you and will post here when I get the issue resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aaron
                      Participant

Thank you, Clay!

etruscan
                        Participant

Does anyone else feel that the Forum main page is loading very slowly? The Classifieds, the Blog, and “My Account” are OK. The sub-pages and the threads also seem to load in a reasonable amount of time, but the main page is very poky.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

For me it’s the subforum and thread pages as well as the main forum page. I thought it was me or my device.

tig3r06
                            Participant

Main forum page takes forever on my android phone and tablet. The subforum can be a little slow, but classifieds and everywhere else seems ok.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

only the main forum page loads suuuuuuuuuuuper slow for me! everywhere else seems fine….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Clay
                                Keymaster

This is a bit of a mystery, since the forum software hasn’t been changed/updated real recently. The problem may be specific to certain browsers. In my testing, the main forum page is very slow in Safari for Mac. With Chrome and Firefox it loads quickly, and on my iPhone it loads quickly. I generally find the main forum page quite a bit slower than the other poges, presumably because it has to calculate the topics, posts, and freshness for decades of forum posts (over 450,000 posts!). In the long run the solution is probably to archive parts of the forum, but this is tricky for several reasons, which is why we haven’t done it already. I will investigate this current sluggishness and post here when I have some answers.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.