fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    jmoore
    Participant

Thanks so much for all your hard work getting the store and forum back working again! One thing to add to the list: on the old forum, when you went to a topic, at the top was a link you could click to go directly to new postings. I don’t see that on the new forum. Is this something that could be added (or if it’s there and I’m missing it, could you point it out, please?)?

etruscan
      Participant

You can click on the line that says “___ minutes ago” (at the end of “This topic contains … last updated by …”). It will take you to the last post, though, and then you need to scroll up to see whether there are any more new posts.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

All of my old PMs are gone. Is this something everyone else is experiencing also?

etruscan
          Participant

My PMs are still there. Check under “Sent” as well as “Inbox”. “Sent” is where I found a lot of mine.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

It appears that some of the sticky topics got un-sticky when they moved (maybe the stick wore off). Anyhow, now that I can do some basics, if you see any topics that used to be a sticky that no longer are (and should be), please let me know here!
              I can now do some of the basic moderator stuff, if anyone needs that type of help.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Clay
              Keymaster

Ad description limit is now 3000 words. This may be adjusted later–I don’t know what the limit was in the old system. BTW, I never really used the old system. Pam, who used to be in charge of the classifieds, was going to configure the settings for this new system. But now it’s up to me, and I don’t know the details of how things used to be, so if there are things about the old system that were different, and that you’d like to see replicated, let me know.

Natasha
                Participant

I’m getting a message that “This ad is currently disabled until you verify the email address used for the contact information. Only you (the author) can see it”

Unfortunately, the email to verify it did not arrive (Yes, I checked my spam folder) and there is no option to resend the verification email. Halp.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

etruscan
                  Participant

So far the galleries are missing – ebay and PYO and Melody’s also. I hope that they reappear!

dragonmedley
                    Participant

I got the same issue as Natasha: I’m getting a message that “This ad is currently disabled until you verify the email address used for the contact information. Only you (the author) can see it”

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Only one of my PYOs that I posted are in my Gallery. The others have disappeared. :/
                        Guess it will take some time for some of the items to start showing up again… or I’ll get those reposted when I get the chance. No Biggie!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

PrairieVixen
                        Participant

*Whoops, I should have read above that others are having the same issues before I posted this!* 😛

For some reason I am unable to post in the Classifieds. 🙁 I can get through step one and do the listing write-up, but it won’t allow me to upload photos (even when they fit within the new pixel parameters). I gave up on attaching photos and went to post it anyways and then got this message:

“You need to verify the email address used as the contact email address for this Ad. The Ad will remain in a disabled status until you verify you address. A verification email has been sent to you.
                          This Ad is currently disabled until you verify the email address used for the contact information. Only you (the author) can see it.”

It won’t even go active for me at this point. I have not received any type of verification email so I can’t make the listing active and participate in trading.

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

Natasha
                          Participant

The work around I used was taking an old expired ad in the disabled tab, gutting it, and using that to put up my “new” listing. Just edited all the text and put in HTML pics – it still says no HTML allowed but it allows it now. Give that a try for now, PrairieVixen?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

PrairieVixen
                            Participant

OOoooo! Perfect! Thanks for the help Natasha! You’re so smart! *hugs* I’ll give it a try! 🙂

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

Mike
                              Participant

Simple suggestion here, go back to the old format. Fix the bugs and we all be happy. Was easy to understand read, follow. Allowed easy to up and ad, knew when it was going to expire, etc.
                                Could see both new ads listed, and the older ads not taken care of yet. I do notice that part is now lost unless you want to search wanted and see what is listed on the 5 pages not what most people have looked at even if it changes.

Scathach
                                Participant

Purple on black is really hard to read.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.