New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Clay
    Keymaster

This is happening to me as well. Win10 with Firefox.
      I just noticed that those names started the most recent new topic in each of those forums.

I’ll try to work on it sometime this week, but at the moment I have a long list of things that are higher priorities. I’ll post here when I get it fixed.

GardenNinja
      Participant

PYO galleries are missing – see this thread: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/pyo-gallery-missing-for-anyone-else/

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Clay
        Keymaster

PYO galleries are missing – see this thread: https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/pyo-gallery-missing-for-anyone-else/

Yes, I see what you mean. Not sure what happened, but I can probably get it fixed this afternoon.

Clay
          Keymaster

This is fixed now.

etruscan
            Participant

I am not getting the little blue notification balloon at upper right when I have a new message or a reply to a topic that I started. When I click on “My Account” I do see notifications there.

Are other people having this issue?
              If not, is there a setting that I might have changed by mistake?

If it matters … I am using a desktop computer with Windows 10 and Firefox as the browser.

pdlucich
              Participant

Same here. No notifications. I’m on my tablet.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Clay
                Keymaster

I am not getting the little blue notification balloon at upper right when I have a new message or a reply to a topic that I started. When I click on “My Account” I do see notifications there.

Are other people having this issue?
                  If not, is there a setting that I might have changed by mistake?

If it matters … I am using a desktop computer with Windows 10 and Firefox as the browser.

The “new message” counter was part of the “admin bar” at the top of the window. The admin bar was being displayed (though it should not have been) for users who participated in one or both of the kickstarters. The new message counter was convenient, but unfortunately the admin bar was also providing access via other links to parts of the site that should only be accessible to Windstone employees, so I had to remove it. If I can find a way to display the admin bar, but without those links that were compromising the security of the site, I will re-activate it. So far that doesn’t seem possible. All of the content that was provided by the admin bar’s dropdown menu at the right side of the screen is still available via the My Account link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

etruscan
                  Participant

Thanks for the explanation, and it’s good that the bar has been removed. A couple of times I accidentally ended up someplace that I wasn’t supposed to be by clicking on the wrong thing.

GardenNinja
                    Participant

So… How do we renew ads now? I don’t get notifications.

Bodancia
                      Participant

I just had an old ad for a PS cat renewed! Ack! I did not request to get it renewed!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Clay
                        Keymaster

I just had an old ad for a PS cat renewed! Ack! I did not request to get it renewed!

Sorry, I think that was the unintended result of some testing I was doing. I’ll disable it for you.

Clay
                          Keymaster

So… How do we renew ads now? I don’t get notifications.

When an ad is past its expiration date, you can click the EDIT button in your listings (in your My Account area), and on the next screen you will see a RENEW button.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-29-at-7.55.32-PM

etruscan
                            Participant

There is some kind of glitch in the store that may or may not be worth figuring out.

This morning I was not yet signed in. I was looking at the one remaining Jet Black ponycorn in the store. I did not try to put the ponycorn in my cart before signing in.

I was still on the black ponycorn page when I signed in (planning to buy the ponycorn). After signing in I was taken to the main Windstone page with “Festured Items”, “Shop for Dragons”, etc.

When I went back to the black ponycorn page after signing in, it said that the ponycorn was already in my cart (which it was). However, I never clicked on the link to put it there.

This also happened several times during the Halloween Lady Cat rush. When all the pumpkin cats were either sold or in carts, and I was trying to snag a cat, I would refresh the page to see whether one had popped into the store.

At least four times when the page loaded I got a message that a cat was in my cart, and apparently one was though it took several tries to check out fast enough to get actually a cat.

Maybe this is something that happens when there is only one item available and the timing is just right? Nobody else mentioned having cats mysteriously appear in their carts during the Lady Cat event so I don’t know how common it is.

GardenNinja
                              Participant

The ability to edit forum signatures seems to be gone. [url]https://windstoneeditions.com/forums/topic/how-do-we-edit-our-signatures/#post-1653578[/url]

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

….also the newly registered users/who is online is gone from right next Active topics….

4 things I'm looking for:
                                  1. Mother Meerkat
                                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.