fbpx

New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Hi Clay, in the Classifieds section, where you click to agree to “terms and conditions” there is near white writing on a white background. Makes it almost impossible to see.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Clay
      Keymaster

Hi Clay, in the Classifieds section, where you click to agree to “terms and conditions” there is near white writing on a white background. Makes it almost impossible to see.

Ok, thanks, I’ll get that fixed later today.

Kim
        Blocked

I posted in the Covid thread and then decided to edit a word it in the post and then it deleted my post and wouldn’t show it. When I tried to post again a couple more times it said I already posted that and it was a duplicate but it wasn’t because it wouldn’t post my post at all as it deleted it. Also every time I try and post something it doesn’t show me it’s posting it and is super slow and doesn’t post anything for a minute or more so sometimes I press the submit button again because it doesn’t look like it’s posting and then it does the same thing saying I made a duplicate post when it didn’t even post the first post. Also it’s still having the same issue with me clicking on a photo in a post and there’s no way to x it out to go back to the post. This is all whether I post on my computer or my phone. Also I got a new Android phone with the newest updates and the formatting here where you type is still running off the page, the same as it was on my old phone.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kim
          Blocked

Can you post my post in the other thread that was deleted? I tried posting a few times wording it differently and it won’t post at all. Can you change the part where it’s not letting people make duplicate posts? Others have said they tried to post a comment they may have said weeks ago like congrats on something and it also tells them it’s a duplicate post. This is getting very frustrating.

tig3r06
            Participant

Not all android are the same. Different brands have different overlays and may affect how it operates whether it’s new or not. Motorolas were always very very different. Google pixel are true android. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to help. Did you stay with the same brand/carrier phone? I worked for verizon in sales, troubleshooting and billing for 12 1/2 years. This really seems like a phone brand/operating system issue. Using a different app like Mozilla Firefox may help as well, that’s usually a good app. I will have the Samsung Tab S6 wifi by friday and will be able to double check that as well, but all works on my Verizon Samsung GS10 and wifi Samsung Tab S3 currently except for the double post protection of course. Please keep in mind that everyone staying home will also slow everything down. It’s also possible for some brands not to be up to date on the newest android operating system.

Kim
              Blocked

The website looks the same on my phone whether it’s on my old Asus phone or my new Samsung S10e I just got last week. I may be exchanging my phone for an LG G8 though but it would have the same newest Android operating system. The other stuff I mentioned at first though was when I was using my laptop and having issues posting.

Clay
                Keymaster

Kim, there are some restrictions on editing posts. First, after posting you have to wait 30 seconds to edit. This is called throttling, and it’s there to minimize forum spam. Spammers often use bots that will make lots of posts within a few seconds, so this prevents that. It’s built into the forum software, and cannot be changed. Secondly, posts can only be edited for 30 minutes after posting. This helps hold people accountable for the content they post. So someone can’t post something offensive or nasty, and then go back and change it and pretend they never said it. As for the images, there was no “x-ing out” because we were not using a Lightbox on the images, so they were just opening in a separate browser tab. But I just added a Lightbox to reduce confusion, and you should now have that functionality. The Lightbox only applies to images uploaded through the forum, not those linked externally. Images linked externally are not clickable.

Clay
                  Keymaster

Also, I did publish your Covid-19 post.

Clay
                    Keymaster

This is fixed.

tig3r06
                      Participant

Clay, I didnt know you could manage sites in such small detail. Although I’m not great with actual computer stuff, just mobile tech. I learned something new, thank you!

Kim
                        Blocked

Thanks Clay. There is still an issue with clicking on pictures from attachments. I am on my laptop using Chrome and when I click on an attached picture now it shows a picture with an x layered over the same picture underneath. When you x out the top photo the one underneath still has no way to close. When I try and scroll up or down to find an x, it won’t scroll and the top of the picture is cut off by the banner at the top of the page. I have no way of going back to the post I was just looking at and if I click on the back button it takes me back to the previous page, not the post I was just looking at.

Nightcrow
                          Participant

Sent you a PM, Clay – I’m still having trouble with disappearing posts. :/

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Scathach
                            Participant

I don’t see the new “Stone” colour listed in the section for the Dragon Color Families.

Could it be added, please? When you get a chance.

Thanks.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                              Participant

A minor quirk that exists on my computer. I don’t know whether it is universal.

Looking at the main Forum page …

“Ask Melody” shows when there are new posts, but the name of the person posting always says it is Evan B
                                “General Windstone” shows when there are new posts, but the name of the person posting always says it is Megan

The correct name of the person posting shows when I go to the topic itself [i.e. click on “Ask Melody” or “General Windstone”].

As far as I can tell, other Forum categories on the main Forum page change to reflect both new posts and the correct ID for the person posting.

GardenNinja
                                Participant

This is happening to me as well. Win10 with Firefox.
                                  I just noticed that those names started the most recent new topic in each of those forums.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.