New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback New website concerns (fixes, suggestions, etc)

• This topic has 652 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Clay.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 653 total)
  • Author
    Betrluk1
    Participant

So, loving how quickly this site works! However I am having a few issues with the messages and creating adds.

Messaging: When I try to read my messages, every other response is now white with a very light grey font. This is extremely hard to read. Anyway to change this?

Classifieds: I used to post my picks with photobucket. The new system does not allow html. Can we make it so that we can use it again? Also, the upload feature while nice, requires even smaller sized files than the old one. I cant get my photos small enough to upload them. Is it possible to increase the size limitation?

etruscan
      Participant

I’m not finding all my messages, they are not in date order, and the participants are identified by name rather than by Forum ID. All this is disconcerting.

P.S. At the moment I am showing as “Rhoda”. For those who don’t know – my Forum ID is etruscan.

etruscan
        Participant

Second issue found – at the moment I cannot reply to Classified ads.
          Some part of the programming seems to be missing. The following messages are showing:

ERROR for site owner:
          Invalid domain for site key

The response parameter is missing

etruscan
          Participant

Updating a previous post – I may have found the rest of my messages. They were under “Sent” instead of “Inbox”. It would be nice if everything showed together …

As far as I can tell – “Sent” messages are ones that I made the first contact, “Inbox” messages are ones that someone else sent the first message. It doesn’t reflect whether the most recent message was sent or received.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

To update your display name, go under My Account and click profile. Then click Edit. On the “Base” grouping is na name field. That is the name displayed for everyone to see.

etruscan
              Participant

Yes, I saw that. Looking at the way the way the fields are set up, I wasn’t sure if changing the base name would impact my billing address. However, I’ll probably try it later. 🙂

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Thanks for submitting all your concerns and “bugs” you find! There will surely be quite a few as we migrate platforms entirely. This is sort of like switching to a Windows PC after you’ve used a Mac your whole life… some things are going to take some tweaking, and some things will just take some getting used to!

For the time being I am not a “mod”, until all of the stuff at the back end is done. So I apologize, but I am temporarily unable to fix or adjust things.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Hannah
                  Participant

In addition to what has been mentioned above, the Classifieds only allow 750 characters in the ad details. This isn’t enough for the ad that I had up, and it has since been disabled and is awaiting confirmation from a Mod to go live again.

I have several pieces listed in the ad and I tend to be wordy in order to cover any and all bases that I think need to be covered. Can we please have a (much) higher limit on the characters for ad details? Are we going to have to have all ads approved with an admin before they post?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Susie
                    Keymaster

I’m sorry, I don’t know how the classified ads work – I don’t see any ads waiting for approval – but I may be looking in the wrong place. The ad issues have to wait for Clay’s help.

Clay
                      Keymaster

Sorry for all the glitches everyone. I had hoped that I’d be able to work on a lot of this stuff while the data migration guys were doing their thing, but turned out if I had made any changes before they were totally finished my work would have gotten over-written, so I have to make my fixes now. I think the classifieds will be the trickiest part. All the ads are there, but expiration dates and statuses (stati?) may take some sorting out. Someone mentioned the 750-word limit and the inability to include HTML. Both of those things are just the default settings in this system, and can be easily changed. I did get a list of recent forum posts and new members added to the forum homepage. Most of the formatting issues (text too dark, background too light, font too small, etc.) are very easy to fix, so look for improvements to those sorts of issues very soon. But as John said, getting everything working right is the first priority. Thanks for your patience and feedback. More soon…

Stormbreeze
                        Participant

An interesting note is that although I had an unread PM, the little bubble above PMs still said “0”. I hope this information helps!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Clay
                          Keymaster

Brief classifieds update: description limit is now 1000 words, HTML is now allowed, and captcha (which was causing some errors) has been switched to a math problem type for now. The system is not set to require admin approval for new ads, so if you create an ad and it doesn’t appear in the listings right away, please let us know and I will take a look. I am currently researching how to give users control over expiration dates. More soon…

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

OK – so for those older ads that show up in my ‘Disabled’ section – awaiting Admin approval – I should just redo as a new ad – correct? That seems like probably the best thing to do and then delete the older ones.

Thanks! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Zeppard Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Betrluk1
                              Participant

Thank you guys so much for the hard work you are putting in to make the classifieds more user friendly again!

Hannah
                                Participant

Clay, can we please get more than 1000 characters for our ads? The ad I had up before the new website still cannot be put up. 1000 characters is pretty short, especially if you are attempting to sell multiple pieces in one ad..

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 653 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.