fbpx

Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    McKenzie
    Participant

Hi everyone! I recently inherited some pieces and was wondering if there is a good place to find and look up pieces (especially retired pieces)? I’ve done a lot of research on eBay, but I already see that there have been discrepancies between various sellers with the same piece. For example, I saw the same piece from two different sellers with the same exact coloring and model, one was described as a Peacock Male Dragon and the other as a Peacock Emerald Male Dragon. I’m interested in learning more about them!

I don’t know if it’s appropriate to add all the photos of the pieces I have or not, so I’ll wait on that.

I do believe I have the following:

-1986 Male Peacock Dragon
      -1994 Frog Wizard (green, not sure what color this is called)
      -1994 Frog Prince (green, not sure what color this is called)
      -1990 Young/Baby Unicorn (white, not sure what color this is called)
      -1993 Ki Rin Unicorn Family (Male, Mother & Sitting Young/Baby – uncertain what color, white w/reddish brown maybe original?)
      -1984 Hatching Maiasaur (green)
      -1994 Jade Oriental Dragon (not sure if Jade is the correct color, it is green with reddish brown accent colors)
      -1994 Sitting Dragon (not certain but looks like a Gargoyle, stone look)
      -1994 Hatching Dragon (same look as above, Gargoyle, stone looking)
      -1986 Peacock Dragon and Wizard (blue I think)

I also have one other piece, but it does not seem to be a Melody Pena piece (not certain?), I looked it up a bit and have found this:
      -1994 Castle Weinburg (by Gary Kinsella?)

If anyone might have any source to help further identify and confirm these pieces I’d appreciate that info! Or if I should just post photos, let me know!

Thanks for any help!

etruscan
      Participant

This site should have photos and proper names/colors of all your pieces: http://astralcastle.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

McKenzie
        Participant

Thank you so much etruscan! This is very helpful!

McKenzie
          Participant

Okay, I’ve identified most of my pieces! But there’s one I wanted to double check – I can’t tell if I have a Jade Oriental Dragon or an Emerald Oriental Dragon. I think I might have a Jade as this one is marked with the year 1994 and from what I’ve read the Emerald Oriental was not made until a later date – however, I’m not sure how reliable that info was. Here is a few shots of the piece:

Thank you!

GardenNinja
            Participant

Hi McKenzie,

The date on a Windstone is part of the original sculpture, and therefore is the same on all castings from those molds. It is the sculpture’s copyright date, not the date that the individual piece was made.

Your oriental is definitely the jade version. When it was released, I think all dragons sold as Emerald were actually the jade variant. I have an Emerald Scratching Dragon that is the same color as your oriental. Windstone then returned Emerald closer to the original – Jade inner layer (I’m assuming the jade color was painted on first because it is around the edges), with emerald above that, and gold highlights. Emerald is a much brighter, greener color than jade.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Kim
              Blocked

Courtney,  I have seen baby kirins in that colour before and I think it was just the original kirin from a batch that was painted with a darker brown.  A lot of Windstones vary in shades as each batch is painted slightly differently so yes it is the original brown kirin but in a darker shade.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Courtney
                Participant

Thank you Kim. I had her take more photo’s in the natural lighting and he is very close to the original color.

We canceled the purchase and the seller was super nice. She added the natural light photo’s in with the original ones.

thank you

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

McKenzie
                  Participant

Thank you for your help GardenNinja!

jetb5758
                    Participant

Hello! I’m a complete newcomer. In fact, my first dragon has yet to arrive. I purchased one from the Windstone store, then found this pretty female on eBay and won her. I love the colors, but being new, I’m not sure exactly what her color is. I’ve searched a good bit online but haven’t found what I’d call a close match. I would appreciate any help!
                      Thank you!!

dragonmedley
                      Participant

That a dusty peacock mother dragon, the older version of the scheme. Give her a good rubdown and she’ll shine 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

jetb5758
                        Participant

Thank you SO much!! She arrived today and is beautiful! I’ll do some reading on how best to clean her.

Tinsel
                          Participant

Hi there, I’m new to the forum. Sadly, I must part with two of my prized Windstone figurines and would like to know the years they were retired. Due to severe scaling down, I’m forced to sell as I no longer have space to display them and they’ve been in storage for years, as well. Due to the scale-down, I no longer have space to store them either. 🙁 Both were produced before the move to Corvallis, OR. Anyway, if someone can let me know the years they were retired, I will be very grateful. Thanks to Melody Pena for such a great forum.

Windstone Unicorn

Windstone Unicorn

etruscan
                            Participant

According to the Astral Castle website, the white Male Pegasus was retired in 2004.

http://astralcastle.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

The white male unicorn is not officially retired – he’s under “Postponed Production” in the Windstone Store.  The description for pieces in that category is: “Although these items are not officially retired, we have not made any in a very long time and have no immediate plans to make more.”

Tinsel
                              Participant

Thanks so much, Etruscan! Surprised at such a speedy and helpful response! I’ll be checking out the link you posted. Have a lovely evening. 🙂

Kaledra
                                Participant

Hey all, I bought this dragon through a seller on Facebook marketplace. I know he is the male brown dragon which is retired, but his blue scale pattern doesn’t match that of the models I can easily find. What does that mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.