Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

My pleasure!

Ardi
      Participant

I found 4 Mother Dragons at a thrift store in what I think is the production green, but I want to verify since they are slightly different from the picture in the Encyclopedia. Can anyone help?

https://www.facebook.com/ardyceelaine/photos_synced?view_image=10100717979829588

Scathach
        Participant

I found 4 Mother Dragons at a thrift store in what I think is the production green, but I want to verify since they are slightly different from the picture in the Encyclopedia. Can anyone help?

https://www.facebook.com/ardyceelaine/photos_synced?view_image=10100717979829588

I can’t open your link. Can you post by another means?

Life is beautiful.

littleironhorse
          Participant

Hi Ardi,

This link just leads me to your facebook page, I can’t see any images of the dragons. Just FYI though, the production green colors has evolved a lot over the years it was produced so there are quite a few variations in the colors, a couple of key indicators are the orange eyes and purple forehead stones.

Here are a few samples:

http://astralcastle.com/images/windst/others/motherdrgreen.jpg
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Early-Windstone-Edition-Green-Mother-Dragon-/181059011415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a27f54357&nma=true&si=Iz2jcCJH3Z8LAV8n3zW6p2%2BJnR4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-DRAGON-STATUE-M-Pena-85-Green-Purple-Gold-/110610448742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c0e58166&nma=true&si=Iz2jcCJH3Z8LAV8n3zW6p2%2BJnR4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

QUESTION:I WAS GOING THROUGH THE SEARCHABLE WINDSTONE SALES PRICE DATABASE & NOTICED THAT THERE ARENT ANY ORIENTAL MOON DRAGONS LISTED AT ALL.WERE THESE A LATER ADDITION TO THE ORIENTALS? IF EITHER YES OR NO, WHEN WAS THE FIRST ORIENTAL MOON DRAGON RELEASED? CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE PROVIDE THE ANSWER? REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT THIS….

Adaneth
            Participant

The first Oriental Moon Dragons only came out last year, as the sculpt was finished just last year. Not very many of them yet!

THANKS,IM STILL PRETTY NEW TO ALL THIS.I WAS WONDERING WHY I COULDNT FIND A EMERALD MOON TO GO WITH MY OTHER EMERALD ORIENTALS.GUESS IM NOT THAT BAD OFF ON THIS ONE SINCE IT HASNT EVER BEEN PRODUCED…OH WELL,NOW I CAN FOCUS ON WHAT DOES EXIST THAT IM STILL AFTER.

Sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question, but…well I’m fairly new to Windstone collectibles.

I bought a slightly damaged dragon from an auction a couple of months ago. I’ve been trying to sell it, and ran into a few problems identifying it. My first round of research pointed me in the wrong direction, so I’m glad that I found the forum.

It kind of looks like a Green Mother Dragon, listed as the 501-G on the Astral Castle site, but it isn’t a perfect match. Aside from the colors looking a little less vibrant, the stamp doesn’t match the usual Windstone stamp. I can’t find a good certified picture for what the base and stamp should look like on one of these.

I pulled the listing after someone raised concerns that it might be a fake (and realizing that I had a few details wrong), so I was hoping that someone could help me sort it all out. I’d be very grateful for any help authenticating it.

Here’s my old and inactive listing. You can still view the pictures if you click on it. I forgot to include a picture of the signature in the original listing. I can put a picture of it up on Imgur if that will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Edition-Emerald-Green-Mother-Dragon-Orange-Eyes-W-Purple-Blue-Scale-/221192334146

She looks right to me. Old green mother before there were pads on the base. This looks like the old windstone base stamp.

Pam

It looks like you have a very old green mother, probably one of the first green mothers ever made! Her eyes appear to be the old original amber color. This eye color was used only on the earliest windstones. It is very rare to see windstone dragons that are this old.

Wow, that’s really cool. Now I just wish that it wasn’t chipped. That happened awhile before I got it, so it’s too late to do much for it.

Thanks for the help.

I have a Lap Dragon (Ruby) that I’m considering selling but I don’t know what price to offer it at. I bought it years ago and it’s in perfect condition. Any ideas on the price I should ask?

etruscan
                Participant

I have a Lap Dragon (Ruby) that I’m considering selling but I don’t know what price to offer it at. I bought it years ago and it’s in perfect condition. Any ideas on the price I should ask?

In July, a Ruby Lap sold in an ebay auction for $175.50 (plus shipping, no original box). There is a Ruby Lap in the Classifieds here for $220, so you should probably set the price in that range ($175 to 220). It helps if you have the original box – Lap Dragons are famous for breaking during shipping.

I found a winged black and white cat with gold blue & purple wings. It’s not the mustached cat…it looks similar to one I saw on here except for the wing color. I found it at a thrift shop for 3.50. It has the stamp on the bottom from the California location but no number or signature. What is he worth?

Dandr13
                  Participant

I found a winged black and white cat with gold blue & purple wings. It’s not the mustached cat…it looks similar to one I saw on here except for the wing color. I found it at a thrift shop for 3.50. It has the stamp on the bottom from the California location but no number or signature. What is he worth?

Sounds like an original black Large Bird Winged Flap Cat – they were retired in 2002 and apparently sold for $64 originally according to astralcastle.com. I recently purchased one on eBay for $50 (it has a minor chip on one wing). I’ve seen them sell for anywhere from $75 to around $120 in mint condition.
                    Here’s a pic of the piece I think you are describing.
                     photo 9ce2409b10f515b8558274088d07055b_zps89f1fc97.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 289 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.