fbpx

Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Fillimena Bourassa
    Participant

This beautiful girl was a gift from my late husband in 1994. He purchased it from the NY Metropolitan Art Museum catalog. He said it was a “Catgoyle” and said the catalog described it as a “she”. The felt bottom has only the Windstone logo and the words Hollywood CA. She is 12 inches tall and weighs maybe 18 lbs. possibly more (sorry my scale isn’t working). Can anyone tell me anything about her.

Do an act of kindness each and every day.

Fillimena Bourassa
      Participant

I forgot to add that there is a signature on the back at the very bottom Peña c 94. I tried to navigate astrial’s site but it has been archived and nothing I click on takes me to any pictures. Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Fillimena Bourassa
        Participant

With the help of the posts on this thread I was able to answer my own question. For those that would like to know it is….. Windstone Editions Large Winged Cat Gargoyle #955 Pena ‘94 ~Retired HEAVY 13-lb the starting bid on eBay is $129.00 will update with sale price once auction is over.

Fillimena Bourassa
          Participant

To get the picture size down what you need to do it take a picture of your dragon from further away then crop the picture down to size. The smaller you crop it the smaller the file size will be.

Noah
            Participant

I have a few dragons from my mothers collection and I was wondering if we could get a price tag on them, I cannot add pictures on here for some reason but if someone could message me on messenger or Instagram to help me get the prices it would be greatly appreciated

Hey

pipsxlch
              Participant

Can you describe them? Look in the store catalogue to see if you can match to the sculpt, and then just give what the color looks like?

Noah
                Participant

So I re-looked at all her antiques, she has a signed hand crafted royal doultan, a small pure red dragon, a male and female both white and gold looking with orange eyes, small hatchlings to match, female one has wings open and her head is facing upwards, male has open wings aswell with both arms down with his head facing downwards, they were bought very early on as a gift by her mother

Hey

etruscan
                  Participant

Posting Noah’s photos of his lovely White dragons. I don’t know current values for these, but maybe somebody else does?

Noah_dragon_hatching-empress_White_cropped

Noah_dragon_hatchingV1_White_cropped

Noah_dragon_Male_White-_cropped

Noah_dragon_scratching_White_cropped

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Wasn’t someone looking for a white scratcher recently? I don’t know the value, but white is always in demand, Noah.

Megg Anne
                      Participant

My father found one of these dragons at a garage sale and picked it up a couple of years ago. He recently decided he didn’t want it anymore and so I claimed it. I have been looking for information about it, but haven’t found much and so I was wondering what dragon it is from the collection. It’s very beautiful and I do know it is one of the mother dragons. It is green in color with blue and purple on its scales. The eyes are an amber/orange color. There are a few small chips, but otherwise she is perfect. I will try to post a photo of her. Any help would be appreciated (including how much she is worth as I am curious how much I saved). Thanks.

Megg

etruscan
                        Participant

That pretty dragon is the “Old Green” color which is one of the original Windstone colors. (The other original color is “Brown”) If she is one of the very early dragons she will just have “Windstone Editions” stamped on the bottom. Later dragons have a felt pad on the bottom with “Windstone Editions” stamped on that.

I’m not sure about the value. Judging by recently sold ebay items – a dragon like yours with chips – she is worth about $100.00 though the prices for “Old Green” dragons do go up and down. It is a retired color, meaning Windstone is no longer making dragons in that color, and it is popular, but it is not a rare color. Windstone sold a lot of dragons like yours!

tigerdragon577
                          Participant

I need help… I bought this black violet peacock coiled r dragon a while ago, but when I received it, it didn’t seem to have a shiny clear coat like mostly all of my other dragons. I read the details and it says satin finish. Does that mean that it won’t have the shiny coat or am I mistaken? 🤔

pipsxlch
                            Participant

I don’t have the BVP coil, but a satin finish would be a semi gloss, not shiny.

Embrie
                              Participant

Yes, I have a couple black gold dragons, and their finish is very flat/matte, not shiny at all. It would make sense that BVP might be the same way.

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Vexxa
                                Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m new to Windstones*, and I ran into this wee fella at a charity shop today. He’s got some heft and he doesn’t sound like plastic when i tap him with something. It looks like the pad was peeled off, though, which is kind of strange? I don’t know why someone would do something like that, but there’s a V carved into the bottom. Is that the initial of the painter? I’m assuming he’s real, but please let me know if anyone has any concerns about his authenticity! I paid $3 for him, but I’d like to get into collecting them and if he’s fake, I’d love to know. He matches [url=http://astralcastle.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm]the entry in Astral Castle[/url]

*I remember seeing some at a flea market I would go to as a kid, but my memory is that they were acrylic (and therefore counterfeit); this is my mom’s memory, too, but the flea market closed in 2017 and the last time I remember seeing the dragons was years before then. Maybe 2008? Either way, I can’t bring mine to compare, so here I am!

(Sorry if I messed up anything in my post or posted this in the wrong place; I guess I’m mostly keen to know if there’s anything I should be concerned about with him)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.