Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Thank you!

Danielle
      Participant

Hello! My grandma was gifted this lovely about 30 years ago and wanted me to investigate. Can anyone identify them for me? Thanks so much!

fatalbeauty
        Participant

Danielle: those would be male, young and hatcher version 1 in a color called Peacock…..

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Danielle
          Participant

Thanks so much! What would be the best way to find the value of these? Some seem discontinued?

fatalbeauty
            Participant

Thanks so much! What would be the best way to find the value of these? Some seem discontinued?

prices? sorry but I’m not that great at keeping tracking of that, someone else who comes around later would probably be a better judge of that…

the hatcher version one is retired but the male and young are still made in other colors…peacock the color was put on baby dragon(another sculpt) in 2014 to match the families of the sculpts in that color that collectors already had so technically it’s not completely retired as far as I know of…

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
              Participant

Usually the ebay “Sold” listings are a good guide for common pieces like this. Unfortunately, prices are all over the place at the moment! It might be better to watch current listings and see what the final prices are.

ebay “Sold” listings result for the search “Peacock Windstone”:
                https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=peacock+windstone&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&ul_noapp=true&_sop=10&_osacat=0&_odkw=peacock+windstone&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&_oac=1

ebay current listings for “Peacock Windstone”:
                https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=peacock+windstone&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&ul_noapp=true&_sop=10&_oac=1&rt=nc

merrillannwhite
                Participant

I think all 3 pieces are retired. However, the Peacock was produced in large numbers so it is not that rare. A good way to judge prices on those is to look at the “sold” listings for them on eBay.

Bodine
                  Participant

Is this Ms.Melody’s?
                    If so,will it ever be produced?

Screenshot_2020-09-05-07-28-172

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

It can be helpful to know where you found the image! But, in this case, I did recognize it. It’s a hippocampus sculpture by Melody. I think that she decided to go with the laying down hippocampus instead, as the tail design on this was proving too difficult to cast. More information on her Deviantart page for this sculpture from 2014:

https://www.deviantart.com/reptangle/art/Twin-Hippocampus-2-441838375

Here is another version where she describes the trouble, and that it is intended to be a PYO. She mentions that she thinks she will have to create one laying down instead (which we now have as a PYO):

https://www.deviantart.com/reptangle/art/Hippocampus-Down-WIP-441840162

Her very first version of it:

https://www.deviantart.com/reptangle/art/WIP-Hippocampus-notes-mess-264925539

And of course, the version that she was able to make work and has made it to production as a PYO:

https://www.deviantart.com/reptangle/art/working-Hippocampus-555496867

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

VS
                      Participant

So I saved this guy in a snowstorm, my first griffin! I gather he’s the grey wolf coloring but some things don’t quite match up (pad is production, no signature). Is he like one of the really early ones? Top of head and eyebrows is beige tones, more brown along the grey edges and wing shoulders, white and brown ears instead of black marks. He had a few fleabites and tiny scrapes as the last 2 pics show (first 2 are after they were fixed).

etruscan
                        Participant

He looks legitimate to me. According to the Windstone store description the “Silver Wolf” griffins are production pieces so he wouldn’t be signed.

Male Griffin – Silver Wolf color

There may be some variations in the colors if the griffins are done by different painters but he certainly seems to match the “Silver Wolf” color scheme.

Asterisktrine
                          Participant

Hey guys. I got this cute fledgling sometime last year for a good price (I assume) due to some minor chips here and there. I’ve tried to find the specific color with not much luck. I was leaning towards violet flame, but he seems much more purple. Maybe Amethyst, but he seems much more yellow. I’m torn lol. He caught my attention immediately because I thought he looked like Spyro! Any idea what he might be?

merrillannwhite
                            Participant

Looks like amethyst to me. Because they are hand painted there can be a bit of variation from piece to piece. This one probably just got hit with more gold than usual.

etruscan
                              Participant

Yes, he does look like Amethyst. According to your photos he has the orange eyes and blue on the dorsal scales that are part of the Amethyst color scheme.

Asterisktrine
                                Participant

Looking at the other dragons that are painted amethyst it should have been a dead giveaway. Thanks guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.