Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Oh yea, then she should be able to fix it no problem. Apoxie sculpt is what I suggest. It’s a two part compound, workds great with Windstones in particular. They have it in pretty small amounts for purchase on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Apoxie-Sculpt-White-modeling-compound/dp/B0013UFM7M/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=apoxie+sculpt&qid=1573428916&sr=8-8

This should be more then enough. I can give you tips on how to apply, sand, and paint for the pearl color. Sometimes if you ask Susie at Windstone really nice she can even send you out a little bit of touch up paint.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
      Participant

He’s very handsome – and should be easy to repair! 🙂

I have a houseful of White dragons myself, and I think they come up for sale less often because the people who buy them really, really love them and don’t want to sell. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Keilynn
        Participant

Yes I seen they send out almost empty paint pens for touchups/repairs. I’ll def be contacting them 1st bc I want the paint to match 100%, and not end up getting the wrong shade. Lol, bc I would. Thanks for the link. I’ll save it.

Keilynn Shaffer

GardenNinja
          Participant

Those pens are the metallic (gold or silver) highlights. The main colors don’t come from pens.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

They actually don’t really use the pens (from what I have found) on the white details either. (maybe they have them, but I haven’t found the color yet on my own) I have to mix my own special gold for the highlights on them because they are more yellow then the highlights on every other color Windstone produces.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
              Keymaster

The details on the pearl dragons were put on with a yellow deco pen and then airbrushed with a light coat of acrylic pearl white. The regular gold deco pens were too dark.

VS
                Participant

Curious about info on a black mother unicorn with white socks and nose. Definitely Windstone but I’ve only seen fancy grab bags, test paints, and all black or all white before, not this. Anyone know anything about it?

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Curious about info on a black mother unicorn with white socks and nose. Definitely Windstone but I’ve only seen fancy grab bags, test paints, and all black or all white before, not this. Anyone know anything about it?

Sounds like you found one of the original Black Mother Unis. They show up sometimes on eBay – I think more often then the original Black Male Unis do. There is an ‘Old’ Black version of the Unicorn Colt that was done to match this older color family. Does the Mother Uni you saw look like this? It has brown eyes and red jewels in her necklace?

Unicorn Colt – “Old” Black

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

VS
                    Participant

Yep, spot on. Red jewel, brown eyes. Very pretty and pristine condition. Just won her off Ebay, like you said. She looks so gentle, couldn’t resist.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Here’s the whole family in the old black (a side from the colt because I missed them every time 🙁 ) Mother’s eyes are brown not red, it’s a trick of the flash.

VS
                        Participant

Very pretty! I’m glad to soon own one. 🙂

VS
                          Participant

Just curious since I love the ruby tones on my oriental despite his flaws, but are how hard are they to find usually? I’ve seen lots of little guys but recently a mother popped up a couple states over. What about other sculpts in that color?

etruscan
                            Participant

The rubies do show up occasionally. I would say that the biggest ones – old warrior, emperor, rising spectral, lap, and scratching – are the hardest to find.

Laura
                              Participant

Hello again, I have a couple of questions about my dragon. This is a white male dragon, correct? I have seen this color also called pearl several times. Are white and pearl the same color or different? Also, I found the white family on the Windstone store, but male dragons are not listed. I also could not find them on the permanently retired list. Are they retired? Am I just not looking in the right place?

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Hi Laura, yes that’s a white male. I believe officially they are white, and most commonly that’s how they’re referred to. But if you say ‘pearl’, people will know what you mean. They are permanently retired, but they are not super rare on the resale market. Not the most common either though. Congrats great find!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.