Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Oh yea, then she should be able to fix it no problem. Apoxie sculpt is what I suggest. It’s a two part compound, workds great with Windstones in particular. They have it in pretty small amounts for purchase on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Apoxie-Sculpt-White-modeling-compound/dp/B0013UFM7M/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=apoxie+sculpt&qid=1573428916&sr=8-8

This should be more then enough. I can give you tips on how to apply, sand, and paint for the pearl color. Sometimes if you ask Susie at Windstone really nice she can even send you out a little bit of touch up paint.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirin Family
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons

Nightcrow
    Participant

He’s very handsome – and should be easy to repair! 🙂

I have a houseful of White dragons myself, and I think they come up for sale less often because the people who buy them really, really love them and don’t want to sell. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Mystic Umber, Pastel Rainbow, others), & production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage!

Also seeking Breyer SM Swaps bodies in poor to fair condition for customizing.

Keilynn
    Participant

Oh yea, then she should be able to fix it no problem. Apoxie sculpt is what I suggest. It’s a two part compound, workds great with Windstones in particular. They have it in pretty small amounts for purchase on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Apoxie-Sculpt-White-modeling-compound/dp/B0013UFM7M/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=apoxie+sculpt&qid=1573428916&sr=8-8

This should be more then enough. I can give you tips on how to apply, sand, and paint for the pearl color. Sometimes if you ask Susie at Windstone really nice she can even send you out a little bit of touch up paint.

Yes I seen they send out almost empty paint pens for touchups/repairs. I’ll def be contacting them 1st bc I want the paint to match 100%, and not end up getting the wrong shade. Lol, bc I would. Thanks for the link. I’ll save it.

Keilynn Shaffer

GardenNinja
    Participant

Yes I seen they send out almost empty paint pens for touchups/repairs. I’ll def be contacting them 1st bc I want the paint to match 100%, and not end up getting the wrong shade. Lol, bc I would. Thanks for the link. I’ll save it.

Those pens are the metallic (gold or silver) highlights. The main colors don’t come from pens.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

They actually don’t really use the pens (from what I have found) on the white details either. (maybe they have them, but I haven’t found the color yet on my own) I have to mix my own special gold for the highlights on them because they are more yellow then the highlights on every other color Windstone produces.

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

***SEEKING GRAILS***
    Tie Dye Hatching Royalty
    Zebra Cuttlefish Male Griffin and Kirin Family
    Caribbean Sitting Spectral
    Siphlophis Male Dragon
    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
    Dragon Quail Old Warrior
    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
    Betta Sun and Male Dragon
    Barn Swallow, Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, and Fireberry Dragons

Melody
    Keymaster

The details on the pearl dragons were put on with a yellow deco pen and then airbrushed with a light coat of acrylic pearl white. The regular gold deco pens were too dark.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.