Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 289 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’ve only been collecting windstone for a few years but I really love my pieces I have. Most of the pieces I can easily find information on but I found one today in a antique mall and I bought it but I’ve only been able to find like two images online of it and not much info Can anyone help me figure out some information on the piece I bought? I’m not positive how to post a picture in the forums… But its a very large very heavy gargoyle cat with wings and its stone colored. Thanks to anyone who helps me out

etruscan
    Participant

Hello, I’ve only been collecting windstone for a few years but I really love my pieces I have. Most of the pieces I can easily find information on but I found one today in a antique mall and I bought it but I’ve only been able to find like two images online of it and not much info Can anyone help me figure out some information on the piece I bought? I’m not positive how to post a picture in the forums… But its a very large very heavy gargoyle cat with wings and its stone colored. Thanks to anyone who helps me out

The Astral Castle website probably is your best bet. A link to that site is in the first post of this thread. 🙂

Edit – I’m not really familiar with the gargoyles, but it sounds like the Winged Cat Gargoyle (photo from Astral Castle):

Yes that’s the one!!!! Thank you so much! Does anyone know what these sell for now days? I’m not looking to sell just curious how much it is worth vs what I paid. 🙂

etruscan
      Participant

A couple of months ago one sold on ebay for $49 plus $14 shipping. That’s the only listing I see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-WINGED-CAT-GARGOYLE-RARE-PENA-STATUE-FIGURE-/171633579887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f628976f

Thank you!

stephanie
        Participant

Hi I am possibly buying a windstone or two locally, but I am unsure if they are legitimate or not. I do not recognize this paint scheme and its really hard to tell with the quality of the pictures. Could someone with a bit more knowledge let me know if these are legit and worth picking up?
          I found one on the database that looks like the mother dragon but the forehead stones were wrong.
           photo dragon_zpsgslqvfl2.jpg
           photo dragon2_zpsjvnxtcx4.jpg
           photo dragon3_zps1q2i8zqs.jpg
           photo drtagon4_zpsitytbd85.jpg

Kim
          Blocked

Those are all old peacock coloured dragons and they look genuine to me. I am not aware of any counterfeit peacock dragons and the stone colours are right, light blue/aquamarine. You can also tell if they have a pad on the base marked Windstone Editions.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

stephanie
            Participant

Those are all old peacock coloured dragons and they look genuine to me. I am not aware of any counterfeit peacock dragons and the stone colours are right, light blue/aquamarine. You can also tell if they have a pad on the base marked Windstone Editions.

Thanks so much. Unfortunately I cant see them in person until the actual agreement for purchase is settled, and thats what made this so hard to figureout. Now comes the hardest part, figuring out if i can afford them. The persons asking 250 which is a great deal. :S Decisions Decisions.

Kim
              Blocked

That sounds like a good deal for all of them. Is it local or does that include shipping? You can find these on ebay too and the prices vary but I would say if you can get the male and female under $100 each, the young under $50 and the hatchling under $30 that would be a good deal and if that includes shipping that would be even better. Just watch that they are in good condition and don’t need a lot of repairs because that can take time and cost money if they have chips. Also if they are going to be shipped, make sure that they are all double boxed with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. It is possible to have 4 pieces shipped in a big box but they would all need to be double boxed in smaller boxes inside and packed tight so the pieces can’t move, otherwise you risk them hitting each other and breaking in shipping. Even if you are picking them up, make sure you have towels, blankets or packing materials to wrap them in and box them to transport safely home.

stephanie
                Participant

That sounds like a good deal for all of them. Is it local or does that include shipping? You can find these on ebay too and the prices vary but I would say if you can get the male and female under $100 each, the young under $50 and the hatchling under $30 that would be a good deal and if that includes shipping that would be even better. Just watch that they are in good condition and don’t need a lot of repairs because that can take time and cost money if they have chips. Also if they are going to be shipped, make sure that they are all double boxed with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. It is possible to have 4 pieces shipped in a big box but they would all need to be double boxed in smaller boxes inside and packed tight so the pieces can’t move, otherwise you risk them hitting each other and breaking in shipping. Even if you are picking them up, make sure you have towels, blankets or packing materials to wrap them in and box them to transport safely home.

It was local so I brought my own stuff.(although the lady gave me a sheet as well to help) I got bargained them down to 150, the momma has the visible chip, the male has only a tiny pintip rubmark. The baby has a small chip on the bottom and the young dragon has an eyelid chip which is hard to see and a small rubmark as well. I am super happy, they all have the pads and are matching.

Kim
                  Blocked

Oh that’s an even better deal! Congrats on getting them all for a good price! I saw your picture and they all look great together!

Karen
                    Participant

Sometime in the early 90’s (or mayyyyybe very late 80’s) I visited Austin, and found a Windstone in a mall. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103912746761725836977/albums/6089936306639537713/6176924123108864498?pid=6176924123108864498&oid=103912746761725836977 The guy in the store called her “peacock,” and said she was from a test run and that the production run would have more color.

The camera doesn’t pick it up, but she does have some purple iridescence… but just a hint, not anything like a peacock I’ve seen ever since. The felt pad is uninformative, just the stamp, and if there was any sticker on the packing foam it’s long since dried up and drifted away.

Was this an actual thing? Or was this just a song-and-dance to sell her despite the fact that she’d been in a horrible industrial accident that removed most of her color?

Betrluk1
                      Participant

I have no clue but I am really digging the dark colors haha. not black but not super bright either. looks like a dragon that might have an oil slicked coating on its scales, perhaps symbolizing its poison abilities.

Karen
                        Participant

Yep, I have to admit that after having this one for so long, the regular peacocks just look garish to me. I’d kind of like to have more in the set (the rest of my dragons are browns, not because it was my favorite color but because I got started with a damaged brown male my late lamented local store had marked half price – $30) but if the song-and-dance about the rarity was true I probably don’t want to know what they sell for these days.

Karen
                          Participant

And I stand corrected: just went to put up the styrofoam after unpacking her and it does have a sticker. Just “FEMALE DRAGON #501,” no color on it, so not really all that useful.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 289 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.