fbpx

Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

It looks like the old peacock color. Peacocks became lighter and brighter with time. I have both and display them apart because I find they kinda clash together 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pam

It is real. The first peacocks were black with only a little interference added. I have only seen one male dragon in this color before. They are very rare!

Edit: Here is the thread that talks about the black dragons. There are two black males pictured
        http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/can-someone-verify-dragon-1980s

Danzig Moon (Karen)
        Participant

And I stand corrected: just went to put up the styrofoam after unpacking her and it does have a sticker. Just “FEMALE DRAGON #501,” no color on it, so not really all that useful.

Wow, Styrofoam box!!! That is a REALLY old piece!! 🙂 I have a White Production set of Unicorns, that I got from an older collector, that are all in Styrofoam packing. Pretty cool IMO!!! 🙂

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Danzig Moon (Karen)
          Participant

It looks like the old peacock color. Peacocks became lighter and brighter with time. I have both and display them apart because I find they kinda clash together 🙂

Could you post a picture of them please? They sound very interesting and would love to see together. 🙂

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Melody
            Keymaster

Sometime in the early 90’s (or mayyyyybe very late 80’s) I visited Austin, and found a Windstone in a mall. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103912746761725836977/albums/6089936306639537713/6176924123108864498?pid=6176924123108864498&oid=103912746761725836977 The guy in the store called her “peacock,” and said she was from a test run and that the production run would have more color.

The camera doesn’t pick it up, but she does have some purple iridescence… but just a hint, not anything like a peacock I’ve seen ever since. The felt pad is uninformative, just the stamp, and if there was any sticker on the packing foam it’s long since dried up and drifted away.

Was this an actual thing? Or was this just a song-and-dance to sell her despite the fact that she’d been in a horrible industrial accident that removed most of her color?

Yes,I am pretty sure that is an old and very rare black test paint, done before we did the peacock color!
              I only did a few of those dark ones. Two dragons in this color, both male dragons, have turned up. (one belongs to J.R. Knoll, a fantasy writer who based a couple books on it!!)
              There is one more set that I know of, it is, or was, in a showcase in an auto dealership!

Karen
              Participant

Cool!

But there goes any hope of ever finding a matching male…

Karen
                Participant

Yep, I have styrofoam for her, styrofoam for the brown male, and styrofoams for my husband’s unicorn (female, black, and says the color on the styrofoam’s sticker) and pegasus (male). The foams are practically brown with dust after being stored for twenty years, but they were nice to have around to move everybody. (Of course, they move pretty well regardless; the packers put Grimalkin waaaaay in the bottom of a box of my husband’s pottery wrapped just in packing paper, and it arrived undamaged.)

I really can’t figure out the database. Can you guys help me out????? I have two Trademark bottom Emerald dragons. The standing tall is signed Pena ’86. The coiled is signed Pena 1985. Both have orange eyes. I believe they’re “retired” and have very minor paint chips. How much were they worth and how much are their probable worth now? HELP. Please and thank you.

JynXx
                  Participant

I really can’t figure out the database. Can you guys help me out????? I have two Trademark bottom Emerald dragons. The standing tall is signed Pena ’86. The coiled is signed Pena 1985. Both have orange eyes. I believe they’re “retired” and have very minor paint chips. How much were they worth and how much are their probable worth now? HELP. Please and thank you.

I have sent you a PM 🙂

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
                    ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                    ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                    ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
                    ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                    ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                    ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

I have had my Windstones for close to 20 years now. Haven’t had the money to buy any recent ones, but I’m curious. I have looked in all the places the sites posts have suggested and I have one piece that I absolutely can not find a value on. Back when we bought it, they refered to it as a Teal Wizard, small in size (about 6-7 inches tall). It looks very much like the blue small wizard, but the cape is a different shade of blue-ish. Does anyone know if my “teal” wizard and the blue wizard are the same.

OH…by the way ALL of my larger windstones have the styrofoam packaging like you all have been saying tells you they are old…lol (except for my mother Gargoyle who is packed in over-corrigated cardboard)

Pam

Is this the wizard you have, but in a greener shade of blue? http://astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/smallwizblue2.htm

Early incarnations of the small and large wizards can sometimes be found in non-standard color variations. I can’t remember seeing a teal small wizard before, and we never made one called teal, but it is very possible that you have a very early “blue” wizard, or possibly a wizard painted before a name was officially given to the color. What color is the dragon on your wizard?

Not positive but I think it is brown like the one in that pic. and yes, that is the one we have but the cape is a different shade of blue/green color. I have them all packed away currently, as I have done a lot of moving in the last 10 years, but we would have purchased it in the late 80’s early 90’s, at a Wicks ‘N Sticks store in Missouri.

ForestDragon
                      Participant

I found this while roaming around the internet. I think this might have originally been an Old Green Mother with some interesting repaint. Damage that has been repainted(?) black can be seen in at least one of the images.
                        Odd colored Mother Dragon

Susie
                        Keymaster

Yes, that is an old Mother Dragon in green that has been repainted.

Melody
                          Keymaster

Yes, that is an old Mother Dragon in green that has been repainted.

With yellow eyes?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 289 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.