Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Looking for information on what Windstone sculpture you have? Trying to identify a color? Please post here!

Additionally, here are some places that could help you ID your Windstone:

Astral Castle’s Windstone Encyclopedia – This fan-made database lists almost every Regular production Windstone ever made. However, Limited Production items (sold through Windstone’s Online store), and special Limited Edition, Artist Edition, and Test Paint items (sold by Windstone through eBay) are not included in this database.

Searchable Windstone sales price Database – This fan-made database records the prices that Windstones have sold for on eBay in recent years, including Regular and Limited Production items, and special Limited Edition, Artist Edition, and Test Paint items. To use the search function, change the dropdown to “ALL” instead of “SPECIAL”, and then type in a single keyword (the search wont find any results if you use more than one word).

Official Windstone Store – The official Windstone Store lists most Limited Production items and all current Regular Production items.

Official Windstone Products Gallery – The product gallery is a work in progress, but includes pictures of many Regular and Limited Production items, special eBay pieces, and raffle and quest prizes.

Kelly
      Participant

Nice idea Pam!

Mike
        Participant

Okay will make use of this place. I am trying to ID a piece that is up on eBay. I need one of which it is being called which is the Jade version of the Oriental. So is this truly that as it does not seem to match my other Jade versions, nor does it seem to match the dark or light versions of the Blue. It seem rather a mixed color. Please help Id this pieces true color!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261061876880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_893

Hope that works and thanks.

Adaneth
          Participant

I have a jade Oriental and that one in your link looks jade to me.

You can also look at this thread, there’s a bunch of jade/emerald comparison photos if you scroll down a little.

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/jade-dragons

Kiya
            Participant

I’d say Jade for sure – I think the color variance is just a product of really bad photography.

Pam

I agree with the others, definitely the darker jade variant.

Mike
                Participant

Would like to know if any can say whether this is a Jade variant, I have some Jades myself and still not quite sure. If anyone has an idea and yes I have asked the seller and not sure either.
                  Opinions please.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/221133395312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks.

I dont know whether or not it had more jade on it than usual, but it is not a solid jade. Solid jades are only two colors, jade and gold. Regular emerald dragons have three colors, jade, gold, and emerald. On this spectral, there is emerald on the wings, back, shoulders, etc.

pony-up
                  Participant

Those pics are kinda washed out, but he looks pretty much like my emerald spectral.

Oathbreaker
                    Participant

This could be helpful. I’ve noticed several listings on ebay the past few days listing things as Rainbow or ‘Blue’ when they are peacock.

Dan

Hi Everyone. I’m posting because my mom actually found two Windstone dragons in a garage sale. She bought them just because they looked cool, and only paid $2 each for them. She had no idea what they were. I did some research which led me here, and I’m hoping someone can give me some more information as to what exactly I have here, and if they have any value. I uploaded a bunch of pictures of the dragons that I took here:

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for the help!

littleironhorse
                        Participant

Hi Everyone. I’m posting because my mom actually found two Windstone dragons in a garage sale. She bought them just because they looked cool, and only paid $2 each for them. She had no idea what they were. I did some research which led me here, and I’m hoping someone can give me some more information as to what exactly I have here, and if they have any value. I uploaded a bunch of pictures of the dragons that I took here:

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for the help!

Hi!

Wow, any windstone at $2.00 is a great find!

The two that you have are the Male Dragon in green (retired in 1996), and the Mother Dragon in Brown (retired in 1993). Despite being retired, they are fairly easy to find. Average selling price for these on ebay has been running around $80.00 in the last 3 months, depending on condition.

Your two seem to be in excellent condition. Congratulations on the find! 🙂

Carolyn
                          Participant

Isn’t the male an orange eyed dragon ? Wow if it is . Thats a very rare dragon I think . As I understand orange eyes were not suppost to be let out of the factory . The orange eyed ones snuck out and are highly sought after by Windstone collectors .

I could be wrong too .

littleironhorse
                            Participant

Isn’t the male an orange eyed dragon ? Wow if it is . Thats a very rare dragon I think . As I understand orange eyes were not suppost to be let out of the factory . The orange eyed ones snuck out and are highly sought after by Windstone collectors .

I could be wrong too .

Orange eyes are only rare in Emeralds, it’s the regular color for Greens.

Dan

Hi!

Wow, any windstone at $2.00 is a great find!

The two that you have are the Male Dragon in green (retired in 1996), and the Mother Dragon in Brown (retired in 1993). Despite being retired, they are fairly easy to find. Average selling price for these on ebay has been running around $80.00 in the last 3 months, depending on condition.

Your two seem to be in excellent condition. Congratulations on the find! 🙂

Exactly the kind of info I needed, thanks so much for your help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 289 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.