Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

@Kaledra

Although they are similar, no two pieces are really the same. It just means that the painter used more blue when painting your dragon. I have seen many brown dragons with both excess and minimal teal scales.

Kaledra
      Participant

@Kujacker

Thank you! I love him 🙂 I was just curious! I appreciate the information!

Randi Maguire
        Participant

Dragon

Hi everyone.

I have this Windstone Dragon here. I am aware he has a couple chips missing 🙁

I’m looking for his official title and his worth. If anyone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Randi Maguire
          Participant

Dragon

Hi everyone.

I have this Windstone Dragon here. I am aware he has a couple chips missing 🙁

I’m looking for his official title and his worth. If anyone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Susie
            Keymaster

You have our Emperor Dragon in the “old” green.  We made those from 1992 to 1996.   To determine the current going rate for an item, you have to do a little research, our company doesn’t place values on retired items.   In the FAQ section of our website you will find this topic with a link to a forum thread about determining value.

pipsxlch
              Participant

Hi Randi, the old green Emperor is a rarish piece and can sometimes sell for quite a bit, although there’s been one on eBay recently for $250- pretty cheap compared to what they were selling for at one point. (I didn’t look at the eBay one, and condition of the piece and experience of the seller do make a difference)

If you’re looking to sell yours, be sure to look up guides and information on packaging Windstones for shipping or try to find a local buyer who can pick it up. Windstones are very fragile in shipping, and the Emperor is one of the worst- big and heavy, prone to breaking around the tail and wings. It can be done without too much difficulty- I’ve shipped several Emps safely- but you do have to double box, and be generous with the bubble wrap and Styrofoam peanuts. The Windstone store shows the Emp amongst other pieces, and gives weight and dimensions you can use to help figure supplies and shipping.

Good luck whatever you do, he’s a beaut! (pats my own old green Emp)

LZ
                Participant

Unlike Pokemon, I can’t catch ’em all in Windstone world, so I am trying to collect a photo album on my computer at least. Could you help me name the colors of the following?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

etruscan
                  Participant

Jennifer called the green with orange male dragon “Flame-Crested Forest Dragon”.

https://nambroth.deviantart.com/art/Flame-Crested-Forest-Dragon-Windstone-326250947

etruscan
                    Participant

The bright green curlie looks like the test paint called “Pale Mint”.

Natasha
                      Participant

Fifth down is Storm Shadow

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

LZ
                        Participant

And here I was guessing that one had something to do with squash blossoms. Oops.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

GardenNinja
                          Participant

The second curlie looks like Water Sprite. Here’s Water Sprite #1 from the front.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

The last male dragon was a quest prize

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

VS
                              Participant

Hi,

I’m afraid the identification links don’t seem to be working for me. But I picked up a nice coiled mother dragon in lovely shape and thought to both identify her and possibly trade her for another creature like a poad just for some variety in my collection since I already have a big dragon. Not sure if she’s jade, green, or emerald color schemes, maybe jade?  She’s a common one tho, not signed or special. Minor pin size white speck on claw. Pic below.

Could someone please tell me which one she is?

Thanks!

Dragon2

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Hello and welcome, VS! You have the male coiled in emerald. The mother coiled is fondly regarding her gold egg (in the grab bag paint job editions, her egg is replaced by stone globes). Your male coil is not a rare piece, but it doesn’t pop up every day either. He looks to be in decent shape, and you may well get an offer. You can put an ad up in the Classifieds here looking for a trade. It doesn’t cost anything. Good luck and hope to see you around here!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.