Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Hello,
      Jade and Emerald are actually the same color according to the labeling. The emerald color was modified to remove the lighter emerald layer, leaving the jade layer, around the time the oriental dragons were introduced. On the orientals, the color was called Jade. The western dragons continued to be called Emerald although they were actually Jade. Later, Windstone returned to the original emerald coloring, continuing to call the oris Jade and the westerns Emerald. The upshot is both types have two color variations. Yours is the emerald variant. My observation on the western dragons has been that the jade variant is the more common on the scratcher, and not unusual on the coiled. For all others, the emerald variant is much more common.
      The original Green is quite distinct from Emerald/Jade – it is a much more subdued shade of green, and had varying number of turquoise and purple painted scales for highlight. It was discontinued long ago, so it is only found on the oldest sculpts.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Dia
      Participant

Hello!

Found this lovely wizard and looking to get more info on him. I noticed wizard’s being sold on the site don’t have a crystal on the staff so I’m wondering if it’s had some customizations from the previous owner?

thanks in advance

etruscan
        Participant

Interesting.  He looks like a regular Large Wizard in the Blue color (sold from 1986 to 1991) but, as you say, the production Large Wizards don’t have a crystal on top of the staff.  I think you’re right that the second crystal was added by a previous owner.

He’s very pretty.  What a great find!

Dia
          Participant

Thank you Etruscan you’ve been a great help.

I quite enjoy the additions and am glad I found it 🙂

Melody
            Keymaster

Welcome to the forum , Dia!   The crystal on the staff isn’t something we did, but some retail stores did glue extra crystals to the pieces.

Be sure to sign up for our newletter! I anounce a free raffle each month for a Windstone piece!

Dia
              Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome. That’s really interesting that they would do modifications in retail. Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely look into the newsletter, sounds like fun 🙂

GardenNinja
                Participant

That was done by retailers? I bought a large blue wizard original version (brown cape) with lots of rubs that had a blue marble on top of the staff. The marble came off in transit and caused additional damage. The seller hadn’t known it wasn’t original. (I asked the seller to pay part of the repair costs and he did.)

Laura
                  Participant

Hi! I’m trying to identify this Windstone and haven’t had any luck so far. I’ve looked on the official site, the old archive at Astral, did a google search, ebay search, etc. Of course, I might be blind..but hoping not 🙂

[URL=http://s937.photobucket.com/user/MaigrayBellivaunce/media/IMG_3430_zpsjhxbnxt0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad220/MaigrayBellivaunce/IMG_3430_zpsjhxbnxt0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Nightcrow
                    Participant

It’s the Fledgling Dragon in White.  AstralCastle has him listed here: http://www.ccgs.com/00-archive/windstone/wslist/fledgdrwht.htm

He’s been retired since 2004, so he predates Windstone’s site!

They sold for $80-90 when they were available.  I don’t see one on Ebay right now, but they pop up pretty frequently there.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Laura
                      Participant

Thanks! White did seem the closest, but in person he really doesn’t look..well, white. He looks off white, almost pale gold, so I convinced myself he was something else.

Bodine
                        Participant

@Laura-It is white but with a little more of the champagne look.I have big Riser that looks like it but a Lap that is bright white.Just slight color differences,it looks brassy on my monitor.Nice fledgling.Congrats.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

GardenNinja
                          Participant

The white color varied a bit over the years it was produced (as did all the colors that were produced over many years). I’ve seen a few that were quite golden. It was never a bright, pure white. It was usually more ivory.

KS Fairchild
                            Participant

Hi guys! I am an avid collector of the Peacock dragons (I am only missing the newer ones and the hatching kinglet). I recently purchased a rising spectral off of ebay, but when I put him with the rest of my dragons, he looks VERY out of place. His blues are too yellow, his chest is too lime green. The colors are far more neon and vivid. A chest that should be purple is actually green.

This is the listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253974852543?ul_noapp=true

I have purchased two other statues from this seller that ARE valid and fit the color schemes, but this one is just…..wrong. I don’t know how to explain it. It looks like a peacock in the photos. Can anyone help me identify it? Was this somehow a test paint of the Emerald/Peacock hybrid?

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Hmm, I can’t look up links on this device so I can’t see your link… maybe it is an empea? Both my peacock riser and another that’s passed through my hands mesh well with other peacocks; they are/ were the brighter newer version of peacock. The chest is champagny purple with blue down the middle.

I don’t remember there being empea riser test paints, but my memory isn’t the greatest. I’m stumped. Empea’s still my best guess. Possibly an intense violet empea, if it still has whole lots of purple? I’ve seen empeas with no purple too.

Kujacker
                                Participant

He’s peacock. That’s the newer version of peacock that was used on sculpts that weren’t around back when peacock was a production. The newer peacock it a lot brighter than the dulled down colors of the original.

I have both the riser and sitting spectrals in peacock, they both look brighter.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.