fbpx

Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

They do vary!  Most of my White family is very white, but my Male looks more like that Fledgling, with a heavier overlay of interference gold.  🙂  Interference colors like to play havoc with the “what color is this?” game, since their appearance is so different depending on lighting!  In some lights my Male almost matches the rest; in others he is strongly golden.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Kujacker’s nailed it.  🙂   That OW looks a lot like my Peacock Orientals and Lap (all newer sculpts, with the ‘new peacock’ coloring that is primarily purple-blue-green).  The ‘old Peacock’ coloring was usually more mixed, with the purple-blue-green broken up by ‘dusty grape’ and ‘champagne;’ sometimes they were more grape-and-champagne than they were purple-blue-green, on some extreme examples I’ve seen!

The Mother being sold as item # 163356328956 is a good example of the heavy use of grape and champagne on old Peacock; notice how her flank and tail-top are almost gold or orange, and she has virtually no green at all.

By contrast, 282803655465 is a Male with intermediate coloring.  He still has hardly any green, but he’s also very light on grape and champagne; his purples and blues are like the OW you linked.

223226692526 is a great example of what I think of as typical ‘new Peacock’ colors: emerald green, blue, and purple predominate with hints of grape here and there.

Even on newer sculpts, some Peacocks look older or newer than others!  Ebay item # 163371713701 is an OW with a more ‘old-style’ Peacock coloration, for example.  So if, in the long run, you find you’re just not loving your OW and he doesn’t fit in, you could always sell him and try to find another variation that would blend better.

Best of luck with your collecting!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

KS Fairchild
        Participant

I’m very familiar with the old and new peacock color schemes — I have many of the two. The thing that is throwing me off is the chest of this sculpt is a BRIGHT lime green. It doesn’t even fit with the NEWEST of the new Peacock paint jobs. It looks so off placed within the collect. Every other paint of a peacock Rising Spectral has a purple chest. Whether it is an old or a new.

I actually just found a photo of the OLD Emerald-Peacock color scheme from Astral Castle. That is the color scheme.

KS Fairchild
          Participant

This is what the color scheme looks like most in person:

merrillannwhite
            Participant

The link went to an old warrior instead of a rising spectral.  If it looks like the male you pictured though, it is probably an emerald peacock.  I know the one pictured on the store site has no purple, but some of the earlier ones in that color scheme did.  I also know that Windstone did some in that color that they called “intense violet emerald peacock” that were a limited run.  I have an old warrior of that type.  If it was a test paint, it would have the color name on the bottom and an artist’s signature.

Kujacker
              Participant

These are the photos from the ebay listing. I’m on my phone so I hope it works right.

Again, he’s the exact same colour as my riser/sitter in peacock. Empea is basically green with blue accents and practically no purple to speak of.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

KS Fairchild, is it possible the seller used photos of a Peacock dragon but accidentally sent you an emerald peacock dragon? I have one of the first emerald peacock dragons and she has a ton of purple, unlike the newest ones. If that’s what you have, it’s actually somewhat rare/uncommon since they tweaked the color scheme to have far less purple very shortly after releasing them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

This post has a pretty good comparison of peacock, a slightly different peacock, and current emerald-peacock colorations on a fledgling. The first version of emerald-peacock had much more intense violet/purple than this, yet.

https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/windstone-identification-thread/page/8/#post-1510985

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

GardenNinja
                    Participant

I think that is exactly what happened. The colors and pattern are both too different for it to be the same dragon as the ad pics.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Now that I can see a picture (thanks Kujacker!), those photos look just like my peacock riser, but NOT what you’re describing. The green looks like emerald as in mine, not lime green like you say. And you have enough peacocks that you should have a pretty good grasp on the whole range of the scheme.

I saw almost the full line of empeas in a store when the color was first released, and they all had a lot of the purple, like the later limited release of intense violet empeas. I remember buying some for a couple members because of the abundant violet. Like Jennifer suggested, I tend to think you may have ended up with an empea. If it is an intense violet empea, you may have a valuable dragon on your hands. Can you post pics of yours?

LZ
                        Participant

What is this FABULOUS color scheme on this male griffin called?? OMG I love it.

Blue-Male-Griffin-1

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

LZ
                          Participant

Never mind. I found it. Blue #1 by Melody.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Natasha
                            Participant

Anyone know anything about this little lady? I purchased her from a long time collector. All the flap cats I’ve seen like this one have white wings, but this one has gold wings. She said it is originally painted that way and not a repaint.

36DD8570-C73B-48D0-AC8E-BED795AE1D07

7BF9C123-EEC7-47FD-82D8-4391EA59F97A

A569811B-BB8F-4341-8E2C-ECE570E50E43

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                              ANY Red Eyed Unis
                              ANY Test Paint Bat
                              UNIS:
                              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                              Male- Snow Leopard TP
                              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                              Mother: Okapi
                              Gothic - Mahogany
                              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

tig3r06
                              Participant

It’s really pretty with gold wings

GardenNinja
                                Participant

Very pretty! If you ever decide to part with it…. 😀
                                  Is it possible there was once something written on the pad that wore off? Or maybe it was one a production painter painted differently for herself? I seem to recall Ms. Melody saying something about the production painters had more latitude in the early days. That’s not one of the really early scuplts, but they may been allowed to tinker for ones they were going to buy themselves.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.