Windstone Identification Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Identification Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

All three dragons (left to right – hatching, fledgling, and young dragon) are Ruby. As you can see, the Ruby coloring varied quite a bit.

JynXx
      Participant

The Fledgling (middle one) looks to be a “candy-apple” version, or possibly even sun-bleached.

โ†žโ†žโ‰ชโˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING โ€ขโ†Ÿโ€ข

โ€ข โ–บ By Patricia Smith โ—„ โ€ข
        โ˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
        โœพ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
        โœพ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

โ€ข โ–บ By Melody โ—„ โ€ข
        โ˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
        โ˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
        โ˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Christine
        Participant

That’s definitely a candy apple version, without sun bleaching IMO. I’ve got two lovely representatives of the extremes of range in color in my collection. Here’s some comparison pics. There really is a lot of variation in the Ruby color from what I’ve seen!

Christine
          Participant

This dragon in the center is a Peacock fledge, yeah? There’s an older-style Peacock on the left and my Emerald Peacock on the right. I like getting duplicates of the same color if there’s a lot of variance, like with the Ruby ones I posted above. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim
            Blocked

I have the old peacock fledgling myself and like the colours on it.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

what a difference between the old Emerald Peacock (middle Fledgie) and the new one on the right. Personally, I prefer the new version of empea. The male dragon is very handsome in empea. Does anyone have the old and new version empea on Male dragons? They look like two totally different colour schemes. Completely different greens.

…and I’ve never seen such a bright ruby before. Looks just like candy apple ๐Ÿ™‚

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Christine
                Participant

But the middle Fledge’s stone and horns match the “Classic” Peacock on the left… Did Windstone change the stone colors on the Emerald Peacock too at some point?

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

I am going to guess that the gem and horns on the old emerald peacock were an “oops” because her body is not peacock…she is definitely an empea…Makes her that much more special ๐Ÿ™‚ even the tip of her nose is that coppery colour. She is a true mixture of emerald and peacock ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

I think the middle one is a Peacock. Maybe painted by a newer painter, or after the factory moved and the paint sample was not handy. It looks as if the “champagne” layer of color was forgotten on it is all. It does not have any of the bright chartreuse-type green that they layer onto the empeas. Maybe Melody could say for sure.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The images are gone from this thread I’m about to link, sadly, but the first many empea dragons actually had more intense color, until melody toned it back. I have an “intense violet” emerald peacock dragon that is one of the first batches made, and the violet AND green on it is indeed very intense. Here’s a thread: http://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/intense-violet-emerald-peacock-dragons/

I’ve seen peacock dragons with the champagne color missing before (over such a long span of production, sometimes things evolved or shifted from painter to painter), but never have I seen an emerald peacock with the emerald missing. I could be wrong of course, but my best guess still has the middle fledge as a peacock.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

Found this guy online, I don’t know who he belongs to, but looks like the same painter did him!
                          Peacock fledge

Christine
                          Participant

Thanks Jennifer!! ๐Ÿ˜€

tintaglia25
                            Participant

The Astral Castle file is no longer being updated. Is there any place else that shows the colors with the issue dates/retirement dates? I’ve been out of the loop for awhile and I’d like to catch up.

Angelina
                              Participant

I’ve been informed that the dragon I got recently is a Windstone. It does look like one, but I can’t find it anywhere and there are no marks on the base at all. Can anyone identify it? Could it be one of the Paint it yourself?

Side
                                Front
                                Head and Chest
                                Face Closeup
                                Other side
                                Back

Thank you for any information guys!

pipsxlch
                                Participant

Angelina, I think your dragon is a knockoff. The male dragon sculpt (which this is) has been copied quite a bit.

A photo of the base would be helpful. And John at Windstone might like to know where you got it!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 289 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.