fbpx

Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 212 total)
  • Author

Any Ideas on what the Red Fire dragons are worth, most of my collection are of this variant. Cant find much on ebay either

Marianne
    Participant

Here goes… Could someone tell me about these two dragons I’m in the process of buying. Soppose to be in really good shape. Just need a good cleaning. First time posting pictures and I’m not quite used to posting yet so here’s hoping these work.
      The lovers. 🙂
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Sorry if they are too big. I did try to size them down. :-/
      As some of you may know my 10 year old and I are starting a collection. As it is we are a bit late starting so we are not super picky but I just wonder if they can be cleaned or not?
      Now I see I probably should have posted this in the identify my Windstone section. 🙁 I was a bit excited.

Kim
      Blocked

Those are old dragons, a brown mother and green male. They usually sell for maybe between $50 and $100 each on ebay if they are in good condition but just curious where are you getting them from and are they a good price? You can clean them if you look up some of the other threads where some of us have talked about ways to clean them. I would be careful if those white spots might actually be little chips though. These don’t look in the best condition I’ve seen and it seems there is something in the green dragon’s eye but they are not bad for the age. You can touch little chips up if you can match the paint though and then seal them. They are good pieces to start with though and there are others you can find if you look in the classifieds here or on ebay to match them if you want to form families.

For cleaning what I did is put my old dusty pieces in my tub, used a handheld shower attachment to lightly rinse them off, then I wet a soft microfiber cloth with a bit of water and a gentle soap, wiped them down and then rinsed them off again. Then I took them out, put them on a towel, dried them with another soft microfiber cloth and let them sit a few hours to really dry. You can also use an old soft toothbrush dampened with water to lightly scrub in cracks where there’s a lot of dust. You just don’t want to soak the dragons or let them sit in water or rub them too hard. You want to rinse and dry them fast. If you do have chips exposed you want to be careful that those don’t get too soaked because if gypsum gets really wet it can chip more.

Also are you picking them up locally or getting them shipped? If you look at other threads about shipping issues, you just have to make sure when getting Windstones shipped that the seller knows how to double box them well with bubble wrap and packing peanuts if they don’t have original boxes. A single box or wrapped in newspaper or two pieces packed together can be a recipe for disaster as they can easily chip or break if they bang against something without proper padding. Big pieces need to be individually double boxed for shipping or at least each be packed tight in it’s own box and then they could be be put into a larger box if they are packed well and have no room to move or bang against each other. If you are picking them up, you would also want to bring boxes with either towels or blankets or bubble wrap or something to wrap them in driving home. I learned the hard way when moving when someone picked up a box with my male griffin in it that had’t been wrapped yet and when we took it out of the box at the new house, the wing was all chipped and I was so upset. I had to send it away to get it repaired.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Marianne
        Participant

Thanks, Kim. You very helpful. I am picking the up locally so I will definitely bring some towels and boxes. Hopefully they are in as good of shape as she is saying they are. They definately need a little love, that’s for sure. Fingers crossed.

I’m pretty sure I am getting them for a great price even if they are a tad dusty.

Marianne.

Laurie
          Participant

Bottom pads look pretty good considering the age of these. ( one of the first things I like to look at ) Good find.

Susie
            Keymaster

Please note: Windstone Editions only recommends cleaning by gentle dusting (a thick fluffy paint or makeup brush will get in between the scales). The plaster is protected by a very thin layer of acrylic paint and rubbing it with a wet rag or toothbrush can rub through it. There are times when a quick rinse with water and pat dry with a soft towel will work successfully, and we are aware that people do this, however we do not recommend it and it should not be done repeatedly. Anyone new to our figurines can find a lot of helpful information in the FAQ section of our website.

Marianne
              Participant

Thank you Susie.i got them today. Both are in great Shape. The mother has a tiny paint chip on her one toe. Will check the faq section to get more info. Hopefully I can repair well enough on my own. 🙂

Courtney
                Participant

I recently purchased an amethyst spectral dragon for my mother for Mother’s Day. It has a gold birthmark on his flank in the form of a single gold scale. Does anyone know if this is deliberate?

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Mercury Star
                  Participant

Edit: Never mind, saw your question was answered in another thread.

Courtney
                    Participant

There is a strange Windstone hatching dragon on eBay. I cannot figure out how to post a picture on here. 361552352423 is the item number. Can someone please take a look and let me know what it is? I am dying of curiosity.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Nightcrow
                      Participant

There is a strange Windstone hatching dragon on eBay. I cannot figure out how to post a picture on here. 361552352423 is the item number. Can someone please take a look and let me know what it is? I am dying of curiosity.

That’s the old Gargolingus! http://www.astralcastle.com/windstone/wslist/gargolingus.htm It was retired in 2003. One of the few (maybe the only?) gargoyles to come in color; though I know a Guardian Dragon Gargoyle in Peacock was also produced at one time (can’t recall if that was a regular item, though, or just a test paint).

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Landipan
                        Participant

Does anyone know what the old brown/tan Male Kirin is usually sold for nowadays? Thinking about trading for one ’em one of these days.

*Formerly meowmix101
                          Not currently open for PYO commissions.

etruscan
                          Participant

Does anyone know what the old brown/tan Male Kirin is usually sold for nowadays? Thinking about trading for one ’em one of these days.

According to ebay, the selling price is under $100. One sold for about $87 plus $12 shipping, and another is sitting at $100 BIN plus $23 shipping.

Landipan
                            Participant

According to ebay, the selling price is under $100. One sold for about $87 plus $12 shipping, and another is sitting at $100 BIN plus $23 shipping.

Thank you! I’ve been thinking about trading my GB for a Kirin if I don’t trade for another horse, it’s one of my goals to eventually have the whole family in that original color.

*Formerly meowmix101
                              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Chel
                              Participant

Can anyone tell me what this curled dragon may be worth? His in good shape just has a small chip on his horn.
                                I really want to swap him for a griffon of equal or less value!
                                Curled Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 212 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.