fbpx

Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

The one on top is the weirdo? It looks to me like a late-run version of peacock, with less of the champagne and more of the green and brighter blue and purple. The last one looks like a peacock done in the style of the earlier run peacocks, with more of the champagne and more red violetish purple.

Lola Morgan
      Participant

Trying to find out how much your Windstone sculpture is worth? The first thing you need to know is what sculpture and color you have. If you are not sure, check out the Windstone Identification Thread.

It is also helpful to know whether or not your Windstone is retired. Retired sculptures and colors are often worth more than those that are still being made. Windstone Editions has also produced special Limited Production, Limited Edition, Artist Edition, and Test Paint pieces that could be more valuable, due to their rarity.

Note: Condition will have an effect on value! Windstones that are in mint condition (clean, and with no chips, cracks, breaks, paint scuffs, fading, repairs, etc) will be worth more than non-mint Windstones.

If your Windstone is still being made (and if it isn’t a Limited Production color), you can check Windstone Edition’s online store to find out its retail price. Your Windstone will be worth about that price or less, depending in its condition (if you own a Limited Production color, its retail price may also be listed in the store, but yours could be worth more if the store lists it as “out of stock”).

If you own a Windstone that is retired, or that is an “out of stock” Limited production color, you can get an estimate of it’s value by researching past selling prices on eBay. Here are two ways to do that:

Searchable Windstone sales price Database – This fan-made database records the prices that Windstones have sold for on eBay in recent years, including Regular and Limited Production items, and special Limited Edition, Artist Edition, and Test Paint items. To use the search function, change the dropdown to “ALL” instead of “SPECIAL”, and then type in a single keyword (the search wont find any results if you use more than one word). The database also has separate entries for “mint” and “non-mint” items. Once you find your Windstone in the database, you will need to look at it’s average price. Prices tend to fluctuate from year to year, and the average prices listed in this database may not always reflect current worth, but it’s a good place to start.

eBay – eBay keeps searchable records of its most recent completed listings. First, do a very general search for your Windstone using just one or two keywords (i.e., “windstone dragon” or “windstone unicorn”). After clicking search, look for a list of additional search options on the left. Click the “Completed listings” option (under “Show only”). This will cause ebay to search recently completed listings for your keywords. Look through the results for Windstones that match yours. Prices will be shown in either green or red. Red means that the item ended with no bids.

If you are still having trouble finding the value of your Windstone, you can ask for help by posting in this thread.

My friend has two hatching dragons from the 80’s and 90’s. One is tanzanite and one is white. People she has talked to are saying that both pieces are retired and worth a lot especially the white one. Can you tell me what they are worth? The pictures that I have uploaded are not of her dragons. I used pictures of what they look like off of the internet but I will get pictures of hers and put on as well.

DeAnn Morgan

etruscan
        Participant

Prices for hatching dragons like yours can vary depending on the condition of the dragon and who wants it. Sometimes the ebay “Sold” prices are helpful in estimating value. Almost all of these prices also have additional charges for shipping which I did not write down.

Checking the ebay “Sold” prices for the white dragon shows two of them sold this year:
          1/03 58.00 Buy-It-Now
          2/20 58.00 23 bids

There are lots more sales for the blue dragon, which is the retired “Peacock” color, but the prices are all over the place. All of these are either Buy-It-Now or auctions with one or two bids:
          12/30 41.00
          1/21 147.65
          2/06 62.99
          2/15 69.00
          2/15 99.99
          2/21 60.00
          2/24 89.00
          3/05 139.94
          3/08 60.00
          3/13 129.99
          3/17 100.00

There was one auction lot with a white hatching dragon and a Peacock hatching dragon sold together:
          2/22 117.50 2 bids

Obviously value of these guys often depends on what someone is willing to pay for it! The white color is less common than the Peacock, but more people collect Peacock dragons which may account for the difference in sale prices.

Rex
          Participant

Hi! I’m completely new since today was the first time I found one of these beautiful pieces. I found a [url]https://windstoneeditions.com/shop/postponed-production/curled-dragon-gold-signed//url] today and has a tag that says it’s from 2000. I’ve named him cheese and was wondering if he’s worth as much as it says on the page!. He also has a brother which is [url]https://windstoneeditions.com/shop/dragons/curled-dragons/curled-dragon-emerald/[/url] who i’m yet to decide a name on.

Rex
            He/Him

Tracy
            Participant

I’m trying to find out what my windstone cherub angels boy and girl are worth and possibly where I could sell them.

Angel Cherub boy & girl

etruscan
              Participant

The cherubs don’t come up for sale very often. Many Windstone collectors may not know that they exist.

Sale price depends on whether somebody is looking for them at the time. I have seen a cherub sell quickly for $100.00 and I have seen them offered for much less with no interest. Condition does matter but interest seems to be the most important factor.

Some sale options would be a Classified ad here on the Forum, ebay, or a posting on the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook page that offers them for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490

Kevin
                Participant

Hello, I have a Prototype Old Warrior 513 Flame number 4 of 24. It is signed my Melody Peña.
                  I am just curious of its value. If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kevo

etruscan
                  Participant

Hello, I have a Prototype Old Warrior 513 Flame number 4 of 24. It is signed my Melody Peña.
                    I am just curious of its value. If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

To some extent prices depend on condition of the piece and whether you have the original box and Certificate of Authenticity (if the piece had one).
                    However, prices for special pieces have been high recently and people do seem to be willing to overlook missing boxes and COAs. Condition still is a factor.
                    To answer your question – if you listed your dragon on ebay or auctioned him on the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook group I would expect the dragon to sell for at least $1500.00 – $2000.00 based on recent sales of similar items.
                    A test paint red with black emperor dragon just sold on ebay for over $3000.00 so my estimate could be low – you never know until the bidding ends!

Robin
                    Participant

Hello everyone,

Very new to this community and scene in general. I recently found what appears to be a peacock oriental dragon I was given years ago. Its in excellent condition, without damage or wear.

What kind of value am I looking at? I might sell it and get another Windstone edition.

Thanks!

etruscan
                      Participant

Hello everyone,

Very new to this community and scene in general. I recently found what appears to be a peacock oriental dragon I was given years ago. Its in excellent condition, without damage or wear.

What kind of value am I looking at? I might sell it and get another Windstone edition.

Thanks!

Is it the Oriental dragon, the Young Oriental dragon, or an Oriental Sun dragon?

(Photos for reference, not as a price guide)
                        https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/dragons/oriental-dragons/

Robin
                        Participant

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

It’s the Oriental model. Not the Sun or young variation.

It’s hard to say if it’s the light or dark peacock variation.
                          (I saw people discussing that on this forum).

etruscan
                          Participant

I estimate that a Peacock Oriental would sell for about $150.00, assuming that it is in good condition (no scuffs, chips, or repaired breaks). An original box is always a plus since it makes shipping the dragon much safer!

Earlier this month a light Emerald Oriental sold on ebay for $125.00 and I think that Peacock is more popular than light Emerald, though I could be wrong. I didn’t find any “Sold” listings for a Peacock Oriental.

Robin
                            Participant

Ok. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help.

VS
                              Participant

I am currently working on setting up a database for determining estimated values. Sorry to say I had to revamp the setup a couple times now. I’m hoping now with holidays past tho I can finish fine tuning it, then I will be reaching out for some data. Only a couple people maybe to start, then more for just 1 sculpt type. Probably will start with bantams first to see if that is working right (I am using that sculpt to figure this out because doing calculations on just 1 piece is pretty useless and I have mostly bantams), then expand to the other sculpts. Once it looks like it is in working order, I will open it up as a voluntary information submittal and can post results here and rlsewhere for trends, averages, and ranges (I hope). Bear with me guys, this is not my forte!

Piper
                                Participant

Hello! I don’t know anything about these figures, but…
                                  A few years back I bought one of these dragon figures and am looking to resell it (probably just on EBay) but noticed since there’s a dedicated forum here somebody might be able to help me out. Here is a photo of the guy:

I see on the website that he’s supposed to retail for 90 bucks but is out-of-stock at the moment. I bought him at a store for around 100 bucks. He’s slightly chipped on three of his back spines:

Otherwise he is in good shape, just a bit dusty. Anyway with the damage I was just wondering what price I should stick this guy for on EBay. I’m figuring around 50-60 bucks CAD or so but since there’s a community here I thought I might as well ask. Thank you all for any help!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 212 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.