Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Gem
    Participant

Hello.
      I am very curious how much a mint, no box, baby white Pegasus lacking a neck chain, would be worth. From my research, the chain-less version is pretty rare, but I’ve only found ones for sale with the chain.
      Appreciate your collective help.

I’m not sure, But I hope this helps- I recently purchased a white baby pegasus without a chain necklace for $140 US, plus shipping from eBay.

pipsxlch
      Participant

Setsuna, I sold my spare peacock riser a few years ago for $350. Don’t notice many secondhand risers pop up for some reason.

Bodine
        Participant

There is a nice dark peacock male,though needs a really good cleaning,for $43+16 shipping on Offer up.Great buy.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jenn Daniels
          Participant

Hello,

I have multiple Windstone dragons that I cannot find on the list of dragons, to be able to estimate their price. Is there a way to get them readily appraised for what they are worth? When I go to the links that are provided in earlier in the forum or on the community rules for the classified section, the links are not active.

Thank you in advance.

(For instance, I have a white/gold lap dragon, it isn’t listed in the list of other lap dragons, and it isn’t on the ‘white family’ page, so I have no idea how much I should ideally be asking for it, etc)

etruscan
            Participant

If you want to know the original prices you might be able to find some of your dragons in the “Postponed Production” section of the store:
              https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/postponed-production/

You also can check the Astral Castle Windstone archive:
              http://www.ccgs.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

What price to ask is more difficult. There are a number of people who are starting to collect Windstones and they have been paying high prices for many of the dragons.

Checking “Sold” prices on ebay might give you some information for some of your dragons:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=windstone+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&emsid=e11021.m3197.l1150&mkpid=0&_oac=1&ext=232176&segname=11021&bu=43892374872&mkevt=1&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20210515021704&ul_noapp=true&_osacat=0&_odkw=windstone+-gps&LH_Complete=1&euid=5d5d0a387a68430193ce508c333f77d5&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=10&ut=RU&logid=nqt%3DAAAAAAAAIAAACAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAQAAAAAAAAAAIAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQA**%26nqc%3DAAAAAAAAIAAACAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAQAAAAAAAAAAIAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQA**%26mdbreftime%3D1621070006700%26es%3D0%26ec%3D1&mkcid=7&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cut%3Dut%2Cnqt%3Dnqt%2Cnqc%3Dnqc%2Cmdbreftime%3Dmdbreftime%2Ces%3Des%2Cec%3Dec%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid&rt=nc&ch=osgood&LH_Sold=1&exe=98458

If you want to sell, you can list them in the “Classifieds” here, either as an auction or as a set price.
              Ebay also is a possibility.
              Or, if you are on Facebook, people are selling Windstones through the group called “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)”.
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490

Good luck!

Now, to see whether the site lets a post go through that has this many links …

etruscan
              Participant

P.S. The store also has a “Permanently Retired” section that includes “Amethyst” and “Red Fire” dragons, a group of the original hatching dragons (but not all of them), and some other things:
                https://windstoneeditions.com/product-category/permanently-retired/

etruscan
                Participant

P.P.S. When selling Windstones the condition of the piece makes a difference. Windstones with chips or rubs, faded paint, and odd smells sell for less (and some people are very allergic to cigarette smoke).

Having an original box is a bonus and proper packing, with or without an original box, is important. Nobody likes buying a Windstone and then having it arrive in pieces. They are more fragile than they look!

Hannah
                  Participant

Thanks for linking those pages Etruscan! I wasn’t sure that the Amethyst coloring had been permanently retired since there are a few still showing up in the store (not in stock, but their pages indicate that they aren’t retired).

I’ve searched ebay for this answer but can’t seem to find any dragons in the last 90 days that match. Does anyone have any idea what a mint Amethyst Male dragon and a mint Emerald Peacock fledgling would be worth?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Mika
                    Participant

Have any Ruby dragons sold lately outside of eBay, and if so for what price? I have to go through some boxed-up figures and I know I have one or two Rubies hiding somewhere.

Azurielle
                      Participant

Ugh. So the time has come,sadly, to sell off a big chunk of my collection. Times are hard all around and we’ve got two emergency rescue kittens we weren’t planning for.
                        I will, in the next few days, be putting up at least 2/3rds or more of my Fledgling collection as well as a bunch of other pieces. I don’t have any eBay stuff or anything fancy, but I do have every production and limited production fledge that had ever been released, as well as some loads from the earliest grab bags and some stuff that’s either retired or been out of production for years. Some of the fledges I can’t even find on the site anymore, either retired or postponed production. So I’m really not sure what to ask for sone of these or if I should do it by taking offers? But even then, I need a starting price.
                        And a few may have been repaired (very minor) over the years, but I have no idea which ones anymore. And most of the repairs were so skillfully done, I legit can’t tell?

And some I need help from the older members. Like the very first release of a pink fledgling? Was that pearly pink or shell pink? The very first release of a silver fledge was just Silver, so not sure how to “list” it. Did the copper patina with red eyes have a different name or just copper patina with red?

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I still need to photo them all and there are a few colors I won’t be selling, like the rainbows.

Fledglings (more than likely selling)

Amethyst (retired)
                        Brown
                        Copper Patina (red and teal eyes)
                        Black Violet Peacock
                        Black Gold
                        Emerald Peacock X2 (both are very different, color wise)
                        Gold (ltd, signed edition. Has a COA)
                        Old Green (very ltd. production. Sniff)
                        Peacock (retired)
                        Prismatic Spring
                        Red Fire (retired)
                        Ruby (I have a dark and a light one) (retired)
                        Silver (original release)
                        Silver (goof up version-very limited edition)
                        Stone
                        White (retired)
                        Violet Flame (original ver. I think the newer version is slightly different?)

Possible (on the fence about these)
                        Lavender Pearl
                        Aquamarine
                        Pink (? 1st release- shell or pearly, I don’t know?)
                        Muddy Belly

Not selling
                        Rainbow
                        Rainbow pearl
                        Sand
                        Emerald

(I think? That’s all there was production wise?)

Others (a lot of these have been in delayed production for years)

Bird winged flap cat-Birman
                        Tiger and Puffin (silver and brown Bengal)
                        Tanuki natural
                        Tanuki red panda
                        Pebble Cougar Ivory with blue eyes
                        Pebble lady cat-black rainbow sparkles
                        Pebble fox (sitting)- black rainbow sparkles
                        Hatching baby maiasaur
                        Curled dragon-toasted pearl (retired?)
                        Dragon gargoyle
                        (Maybe) Crouching Ocelot griffin chick

Poads

Zeppard poad with blue eyes
                        Young poad- think it was from the simple safari edition, but not sure?
                        Young poad-tiger stripes-from a grab bag safari edition. Don’t remember which.
                        Tad poad- from 1st grab bag edition. Brown and tan.

Thanks for any help! I’ll post pictures if needed once I take them this weekend.

Keeper of the Fledgings

etruscan
                        Participant

The “Pearly Pink” color has gold horns and details. That should be the first pink fledgie.
                          I didn’t find a photo of the fledgie but I did find a “Pearly Pink” lap dragon.

Lap Dragon – Pearly Pink

The “Shell Pink” has silver horns and details and silver eyes. It is a recent color.

etruscan
                          Participant

P.S. The “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” Facebook Group has a number of rabid new collectors who are driving prices up. It would be good to sell your fledgies there if you want the highest prices.

I’m sure you could find someone to help if you don’t want to deal with Facebook yourself.

Azurielle
                            Participant

Thanks Etruscan! Ill try to brave it, I guess. Would rather avoid eBay if possible. They take such a high cut now.

Also have the elven fledge too, come to think of it. I think that’s all of them made now?

Keeper of the Fledgings

pipsxlch
                              Participant

I know someone- who posted in the Classifieds here, but I don’t remember who- has been seeking the old green fledge for a long time. Maybe you should try listing that one separately, and take offers for a week. I think maybe you can get an insane amount for that one, especially if tax returns start dropping.

Azurielle
                                Participant

Huh. Yeah I was one of the people looking for an old Green for years. Finally got one, and have to break up the whole set. Sigh.

I will probably just set a base price and take offers on all of them I guess.

Got one more mystery, though. I have a peacock, and an emerald peacock and then a weird one in between the two. I can’t figure out which it’s supposed to be, though I know it’s a production one. I just got it from someone else a long time ago. Thoughts?

IMG_20220215_191057256

IMG_20220215_1911255222

IMG_20220215_191305026

Keeper of the Fledgings

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 212 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.