Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

I purchased a Rainbow Lap dragon for $250 NIB and a black gothic unicorn for $110. I wouldn’t expect to get alot for the cat given its condition, and I dont collect hatching royalty, so I never really paid attention. I cant help there. Prices always vary though, as you know, but that’s been my experience 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

David stocklos
      Participant

New to the community. This was something my dad always had on display at his house. It has recently been passed on to me and I’m trying to gain some more info. One being age and second aprox value. I have searched eBay for brown griffin with no luck. The one I have is in pretty good condition, the onlydamage I can find is the chip on his one talon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

D stock

laphon1
        Participant

Hello and welcome. Your male Griffin was issued about 1989 and retired around 1996. (Retired in that color only). If you search on eBay try searching Windstone Editions Griffin though there may not be any available at that time.

etruscan
          Participant

Welcome! Two griffins like yours are in the ebay completed auctions for Windstone griffins.
            Tip for searching – it’s better to search by the maker rather than the color.

This griffin sold for $220.00 plus $78.50 shipping. According to the description it has two chips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retired-Windstone-Editions-Male-Griffin-Statue-Very-Rare-Melody-Pena-1989-/274448657013?hash=item3fe66a2a75%3Ag%3AivsAAOSwwVBfKH4B&nma=true&si=VALBmUakTDohbrEG6z16kZZaHQ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

etruscan
            Participant

I’m not sure what the final price was for this griffin – the list of completed auctions says “Best Offer Accepted” and the auction says he sold for $269.99 plus $14.95 shipping. Presumably the final price was at least $225.00 plus shipping. Photos show that he has several scrapes and small chips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-9-034-Blue-Eye-MALE-GRIFFIN-Retired-89-Pena-/333646284761?hash=item4daede47d9%3Ag%3AsOYAAOSwWPle-S6U&nma=true&si=VALBmUakTDohbrEG6z16kZZaHQ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

tpalmer
              Participant

Greetings all, I have a lot of Windstone pieces and am thinking of selling off families. I have the whole white unicorn family, white pegusus family, rare limited edition wizards, the whole white family of dragons minus the scratching and secret keeper. as well as a number of other pieces. I know some are smoke damaged, otherwise in really good shape. How do I go about pricing these and what is the best way to sell them, eBay?

pipsxlch
                Participant

Hi tpalmer! Ebay’s completed or sold auctions listing, like Etruscan used above, can be a good way to get prices things have actually sold for. As far as selling them, you’ll probably have more luck selling by the piece instead of as lots. This is especially true as it is usually unsafe to combine shipping on items. And for where to sell, eBay gets you the biggest audience and best chance of selling a given piece. (Been trying to sell some things myself, must warn the market for common things seems a bit depressed, at least in prices gotten.) You can sell in the Classifieds here, which doesn’t charge you anything like eBay does. You can combine methods, like more rare pieces here (to not have to pay fees) and more common ones on eBay for the audience. Or, if you’re nervous about the shipping risk, you can try Craigslist and a meetup at a safe place. Good luck!

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

Hey all-
                    Does anyone have any idea what a Pearl female griffin with COA might sell for?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

merrillannwhite
                    Participant

I paid $280 for the male pearl griffin from the sale Drag0nfeathers was running. It didn’t have a coa though. There was a female too but I don’t know how much it went for.

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Does anyone have an idea what a Peacock Riser would sell for? I tried an eBay search but I suck at it and only pulled up really recent test paints.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

etruscan
                        Participant

You didn’t miss any Peacock Risers on ebay as far as I can tell. A lot of Windstone dragons sold in the last three months, including four Peacock Emperors, but no Risers. Two Emps sold for about $150.00, one for $250.00 and one for $315.00 if that helps.

My guess, based on nothing, is about $250.00 for the Riser but some new people looking for Windstones are affecting the market so it’s hard to estimate prices.

LZ
                          Participant

I sold my peacock rising spectral for $400.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

etruscan
                            Participant

I sold my peacock rising spectral for $400.

Just curious – was that on ebay or through the Facebook group?

LZ
                              Participant

I don’t remember. It was a couple of years ago. I sold some of my peacocks on eBay, after not being able to sell them here or on Facebook.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Cassandra Hunkins
                                Participant

Hello.
                                  I am very curious how much a mint, no box, baby white Pegasus lacking a neck chain, would be worth. From my research, the chain-less version is pretty rare, but I’ve only found ones for sale with the chain.
                                  Appreciate your collective help.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 212 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.