Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

What’s the going price on a peacock emperor?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
      Participant

That’s a good question,have not seen many lately.Last ones I saw on eBay I would say averaged about $125 around the Fall of last year.Higher on Etsy and Amazon when you can find one.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

cdnmythlover
        Participant

Hi All, I purchased a Ki-rin family back in the 90’s and no longer have a space to display them so they have been sitting in storage and now I think it’s time to let them go. Does anyone have an idea as to what the value of them may be? Looking over them, they appear in very good condition.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Hi cdnmythliver, looks like you still have a couple original boxes, that helps! I bought a set last fall like yours, for $250. I think that’s actually at the cheaper end, you might get as much as $325-$350 if the right buyer comes along. $250- $300 is more likely. This is assuming they’re in VG/EX condition; the male and mother in my purchase are; the baby has a minor unnoticeable defect (and is the easiest piece to replace anyhow). If you read other comments in this thread, you’ll see that your experience as a shipper/ willingness to pack carefully, double boxing with lots of bubblewrap and shipping peanuts, makes a big difference. People will be hesitant to buy if they don’t think the kirins will survive shipping. Good luck!

cdnmythlover
            Participant

Thanks pipsxlch. I will take a look at best way to ship and then figure out things from there.

Rorii
              Participant

So I have this little fella, he is a stegosaurus tie dye test paint in mint condition. The bottom felt pad says test paint #1 tie dye with the initials BW. He has his CoA. This is just his generic picture I pulled off the internet but could definitely take actual pics if needed.

Debating selling him or trading him for pieces that match my collection a bit better! Wondering approx what he is worth/what would be a fair trade value? Thanks!

Setsunawolf
                Participant

I’d start with what I paid for him.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

merrillannwhite
                  Participant

You could always list him in the classifieds for offers and see what you get.

pipsxlch
                    Participant

I agree with both Setsuna and Merrillann. Put an ad up in the Classifieds (it’s free) with as many pictures as you can- the store shot of it is good for a header, but people will also want to see current photos. You can offer to email them. If you’re accepting offers, figure out how long you’ll accept them. The original sales price is a good start point and it’s a unique piece, helps that you have the CoA. Things are tight right now though, you may get lowball offers- and may not drum up interest at the original price. Put in the ad that you reserve the right to refuse any offer.

Trade, hmm… the dinos aren’t so easy to find, especially test paints. And most people seem to like the bright colors, Tie-Dye was a favorite for many. But dinos aren’t as popular as some others either. Since it isn’t a distress sale, maybe hang onto it until you get the right offer. And maybe post pics of it in places where people will see it, like ‘Show Your Collection’. I’d figure it to be worth maybe a male griffin, medium size dragon, or adult unicorn in a not super popular test paint, or rarer store color.

Rorii
                      Participant

Thank you!! I’ll have to pop his cute self over in classifieds for a trade 🙂

KingBeast
                        Participant

What’s the going price for a perfect condition but out of box ruby scratching dragon? I don’t think I’ll ever part with mine as he’s very sentimental to me (my first ‘big’ windstone, and a gift from my mother), but I’ve always been curious. Thank you!

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                          Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                          Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

StormDancer
                          Participant

I’ve almost all the Rubies in mint condition.
                            I paid about $170.00 for my scratcher in 2016.

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Lewis
                            Participant

Would anyone know how much a pretty much mint condition Woodlore Wizard would go for today? I don’t plan on parting with him but I am curious as I have had him for quite some time and can’t find any info on the internets about him.

etruscan
                              Participant

Would anyone know how much a pretty much mint condition Woodlore Wizard would go for today? I don’t plan on parting with him but I am curious as I have had him for quite some time and can’t find any info on the internets about him.

You’re right – that piece doesn’t show up very often. I believe that they usually sell for about $100 plus shipping. I have one and I like him but some people think he is creepy.

Kujacker
                                Participant

Hey guys. Curious if anyone would have an idea of what a couple pieces might be worth. I’m not looking to sell them, but if the price was right I would definitely part with them (still thinning my collection, after all).
                                  Black gothic unicorn (never displayed him)
                                  Rainbow lap dragon
                                  Rainbow hatching emp
                                  Peacock wizard cat (not mint. The store I bought him from knocked his hand off and glued it back on… not noticeable unless you know what you’re looking for)

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 212 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.