Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

Does anyone know if the Ravnheart database is still updated? I tried to look up a couple of Lap Dragons, and noticed that all the data was from 2008-2009; surely Laps haven’t been out of production for that long?

I’m fairly certain it is NOT still updated. Is it possible for anyone to take over this job?

Chloe
      Participant

I have all the selling prices for DRAGONS (and just a couple of others) from early 2012 until late 2013…..and the pictures of everything sold are in my photobucket….

I would be glad to help, though I don’t know how to update a database myself. I have also been thinking about this……

I have the same one with the crystal ball and the dragon except its black and gold. I heard that’s rare and retired? I have only found two on eBay. One missing only the ball was going for about $300. The other I ran into was in mint condition and was going for about $650!!! Mines in pretty great condition with no chips just a little dusty. How much is it worth??

Dandr13
        Participant

I have the same one with the crystal ball and the dragon except its black and gold. I heard that’s rare and retired? I have only found two on eBay. One missing only the ball was going for about $300. The other I ran into was in mint condition and was going for about $650!!! Mines in pretty great condition with no chips just a little dusty. How much is it worth??

If you are talking about the large wizard in black, I just purchased one on eBay around christmas 2013 for $124. It was in near mint condition, I just had to touch up a couple of paint rubs on the base. It is one of the original colors that the large wizard sculpt came in (in my opinion it is one of the best, the black and deep red look amazing). Most old large wizards don’t sell for very much. The two on eBay will never sell at the price they are asking unless someone is desperate to get their hands on one. If you are looking to sell yours I would suggest listing it at around $100 to $125. Hope that helps. πŸ™‚

I’ve added a picture of the piece I think you are talking about.
           photo wizard1_zpsfd87b43e.jpg

Dani
          Participant

How much would a mint or close to mint red (not ruby) lap dragon be worth?

I don’t have one, but I’m trying to make a fair offer on one and I’m not really sure where to start since EBay doesn’t have any searchable in the sold/completed listings.

rachelled
            Participant

Does anyone know what the adult Oriental dragon in LIGHT Jade is worth?

I initially thought he was Emerald, but the code on his felt pad takes me to “Jade” online.

I’ve checked eBay but all I can find is one current listing which has not sold. All of the sold listings were the Dark Jade so I can’t really go by that!

It’s not in mint condition. There is one tiny paint chip and one paint scratch. Also, I did not notice this at first, but one of his horns is bent a bit!

I really appreciate the help πŸ™‚ Thank you!

Pam

Does anyone know what the adult Oriental dragon in LIGHT Jade is worth?

I initially thought he was Emerald, but the code on his felt pad takes me to “Jade” online.

I’ve checked eBay but all I can find is one current listing which has not sold. All of the sold listings were the Dark Jade so I can’t really go by that!

It’s not in mint condition. There is one tiny paint chip and one paint scratch. Also, I did not notice this at first, but one of his horns is bent a bit!

I really appreciate the help πŸ™‚ Thank you!

One sold in late December for $115, another a few days ago for $144 paired with an Emerald Fledgling dragon.
                Jade was the official name. Later we started to paint them in the same emerald paint used for “Emerald” dragons but the name stayed “Jade”. A lot of times they are called “emerald” on ebay.

rachelled
                Participant

Thanks so much! I am new to collecting these guys but I hope to expand my knowledge as I go along. πŸ™‚

I have quite a few Windstone Dragons I’m looking to sell, I have a Ruby Oriental Dragon, Black and Gold Scratching Dragon, 2 Retired Hatching Dragons(one Emerald Peacock, the other Ruby), Blue Male Dragon, Gold Mother Dragon, Blue Coiled Dragon, Black and Gold Young Dragon, Blue and Green Rising Spectral Dragon, and a Candle Holder Griffon in a stone-like brown sort of color(candle included never used). All of these are in good condition not a single chip in the paint or the figures, some of them have some dust in hard to reach crannies but nothing that cant be taken care of. I want a good price for all these but I don’t want them to sit on Ebay and never sell like so many of the others on there I saw.

Kim
                  Blocked

The way I determine values for pieces to sell is look at the original prices on this website plus search completed listings on ebay for the same pieces plus check the classifieds on here for the same things for sale. I usually take a median value from all of those prices and then list mine for sale. Do you know how to do an advanced search for completed listing one ebay? I find that most helpful. Most Windstone pieces on ebay don’t take too long to sell if they are priced right. If they are not selling then you just lower the price after a while. I think the ones that sit a while are usually grab bag or special pieces or pyos that people price according to what they hope it will sell for even if it is a higher amount than normal and they usually have to lower prices if they don’t sell.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

stephanie
                    Participant

Ive picked up a windstone Logostone today that I cant seem to find priced anywhere. It has a few tiny rubmarks where you stick the brochures but nothing else. I understand it is retired ( its the one with the big gryphon logo that looks etched in the stone with the cute green frog)

pipsxlch
                      Participant

You have the best luck finding things! The logostone seems to be highly desired and harder to find than the griffin claw holder. I’ve found and sold two; it’s been a few years but they went for $40-$50 each. If yours is fine other than a couple small paint rubs, I think that price range should still be good.

stephanie
                        Participant

You have the best luck finding things! The logostone seems to be highly desired and harder to find than the griffin claw holder. I’ve found and sold two; it’s been a few years but they went for $40-$50 each. If yours is fine other than a couple small paint rubs, I think that price range should still be good.

πŸ™‚ I got it for 10 bucks so Im super happy thanks so much, it was notoriously hard to get information on it online.
                          I actually got a bunch of windstones hehe it was a local store having a retirement/going out of buisness sale. My boyfriend had secret money set aside to buy an emperor for me but we ended up getting a whole bunch of dragons at this place since they had a great discount.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site – so forgive me if I use incorrect lingo. I am trying to sell a large wizard. His cloak is mostly purple in color, but there is blue on the top half. He has a green dragon(??) on his right shoulder and holds a crystal ball in his left hand. He’s about 12 inches tall. Very good condition. I’ve seen similar figures on ebay for $100 -$700, which is a pretty large spread. Can anyone give me a better idea of what he is worth and the best place to sell him??

Thank you!! πŸ™‚

Pam

Sounds like the Peacock Large Wizard

The last one to sell on ebay sold for $20, another sold for $27 in April. I would recommend trying to sell him in the windstone classifieds first.

http://windstoneeditions.com/classifieds

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 212 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.