fbpx

Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I’d be glad to help add info into the database…although I don’t have any saved up myself 🙁

nessiemom
      Participant

Hi!
        Haven’t been on in quite some time, but I have a question that hopefully can be answered by someone here, or be directed to the right spot…
        For various personal and health reasons, I am having to (reluctantly) part with some of my collection. Some of the old-timers may remember me, and some of the pieces I’ve hoarded. Unfortunately, due to the flooding problems we’ve had in the Midwest, I’ve lost all the certificates for my test paints. Fortunately, the dragons were stored in a different location, and don’t seem to have suffered any damage. I’m still going through my hoard, and will have pictures and will disclose any damage that may have occurred.
        After that nice, long-winded disclosure, my question is about the certificates. How important would they be to someone, and how do I price accordingly?

etruscan
        Participant

For me, the importance of the COA varies with the piece. In other words, some pieces could be “Acquire Regardless” and some are less enticing.

If you are selling in the “Classifieds” here you can always set a starting price and then accept offers for a week or two. A lot of people sell that way and it seems to work well.

Heather
          Participant

Hello all,

Just curious what an Emperor Dragon in the old Peacock color in good condition would be worth?

etruscan
            Participant

Hello all,

Just curious what an Emperor Dragon in the old Peacock color in good condition would be worth?

Judging by recent ebay sales, a Peacock Emperor without box is worth about $100 plus shipping. This summer I was the only bidder on one that sold for $99. Fortunately I was close enough that I could pick him up or I would have passed for fear of damage during shipping.

The Emperor dragon is hard to ship without damage unless you have the Windstone box. One with his box might bring more but probably not a lot more.

Heather
              Participant

Wow! Glad I asked! They wanted $400 – no box!

Heather
                Participant

Got another one…what should an Emerald Mother Coiled Dragon be worth? Someone wants $350 for it, I feel like that is CRAZY high and I have no intention of coming anywhere close to that price but I’d like to know what it SHOULD be worth approximately.

Dragoneer_88
                  Participant

Got another one…what should an Emerald Mother Coiled Dragon be worth? Someone wants $350 for it, I feel like that is CRAZY high and I have no intention of coming anywhere close to that price but I’d like to know what it SHOULD be worth approximately.

I would think between $100-$125, but maybe a veteran forum member has a better idea.

Kim
                    Blocked

Yeah I would guess around $100-$150 in good condition as most older and smaller dragons don’t really for more than that even if they are hard to find.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Heather
                      Participant

Thanks guys. That’s kind of what I was thinking since Emerald was a production color even if it has been retired for a while and a lot of Emerald dragons pop up for sale.

I have “Joule”, the raffle prize for July 2014. He is a male dragon sculpt and is airbrushed with metallic green, blue, gold, fuchsia, copper and violet. His glass eyes are metallic teal, and he has two aqua jewels in his forehead. He is, of course, signed on the bottom. What is his value?

Kim
                        Blocked

That’s a tough one to determine a value on but I would say it could compare to what some special store or ebay pieces have sold for if you search for the same size sculpt in other colours. Or I guess it would be what someone else is willing to pay for it if it is a popular one. You could take offers and sell to the highest offer.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

That’s a tough one to determine a value on but I would say it could compare to what some special store or ebay pieces have sold for if you search for the same size sculpt in other colours. Or I guess it would be what someone else is willing to pay for it if it is a popular one. You could take offers and sell to the highest offer.

It is hard, because it’s a OOAK, doesn’t look like any of the others I’ve seen. Very unique. Very pretty. I am sure it will be hard to find a buyer. I’ve listed it in the classifieds. Prices on ebay for production lines vary, so I have no idea. :-/

Ok, so how about these. A white scratching dragon (506 scratching dragon with yellow/gold eyes and gold horns, a white hatching dragon (# 502 the one looking to the left with white colored egg, but does not have the rocky looking base, just an egg), and a white coiled dragon (505 coiled dragon, with opaque ball/egg). I can’t find them on the site. :-/

etruscan
                          Participant

Ok, so how about these. A white scratching dragon (506 scratching dragon with yellow/gold eyes and gold horns, a white hatching dragon (# 502 the one looking to the left with white colored egg, but does not have the rocky looking base, just an egg), and a white coiled dragon (505 coiled dragon, with opaque ball/egg). I can’t find them on the site. :-/

Sorry – I answered this in the next thread (with your photo). 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 212 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.