fbpx

Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Windstone Appraisals (What is my Windstone worth?)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

You’re right, I just went on and saw a set of the Pegasus family I have. Thank you for the input!

Stephanie
      Participant

No idea where my last post went, so if this is a double post I apologize.  I was wondering what old green emperors go for?  I bought this guy years ago on Ebay for $100.

Scarletdrite
        Participant

Kirin mother

Can someone tell me why this Kirin mother is gold? I got her off ebay and I’ve been trying to figure out if she is a repaint or something intentional that I just don’t know about. Thanks!

etruscan
          Participant

Some of the white dragons have become more gold over time.  I don’t think anyone knows why.  Maybe your kirin is doing the same thing.

pipsxlch
            Participant

Stephanie- there was an old green emp on ebay not too long ago for $250 BIN I think. That’s a lot cheaper than they were for awhile, but that $250 guy was up for some time.

Nightcrow
              Participant

I’ve heard this passed around before, but I’m pretty sure that Melody & co. have said it’s not true – that Whites that are more golden are a case of individual painters doing their thing, and not any kind of aging effect.

White things tend to turn yellowish when exposed to nicotine, however, so if it’s a secondhand kirin, perhaps it was in a smoker’s household for a long time.  Alternately, it could be a case of a ‘rogue painter’ (like the heavy-gold White dragons) or something somebody tried to do after the fact – some kind of clear-coat that has aged badly, maybe?

The lighting makes it hard to tell, but her horn looks a little odd to me – duller and possibly more textured than the plated horns usually look?  It’d be interesting to see a photo of her in different lighting situations, to get a clearer view of what’s different about her.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Scarletdrite
                Participant

Is this any better? The horn is dull which seems odd.

melkatsa
                  Participant

Hi! I’m brand new to collecting Windstone figures after years of admiring from afar. I have the opportunity to purchase a few dragons second-hand from someone, however I’ll have to drive a long distance to pick them up. I’m wondering if I should go ahead and also purchase the pieces I’m less excited about to have on hand to sell or trade later on (since I’m already traveling so far). Can anyone give me an idea of the resale or trade value of any of the following? Thank you for your help!

Peacock Mother Dragon
                    Peacock Male Dragon
                    Peacock Scratching Dragon
                    Peacock Lap Dragon
                    Peacock Emperor Dragon
                    Ruby Lap Dragon
                    Rainbow Mother Dragon
                    Rainbow Male Dragon
                    Rainbow Fledgling Dragon

etruscan
                    Participant

As usual, the value really depends on how badly someone wants a piece and whether the dragon has any damage.  That said, I took a look at ebay “Sold” prices for Windstones and was surprised at how popular the Peacock dragons are!  These are my best guesses based on prices I saw.  Others may disagree:

Peacock Mother Dragon  $100
                      Peacock Male Dragon  $75 – 100
                      Peacock Scratching Dragon  $125
                      Peacock Lap Dragon  $150 – 175
                      Peacock Emperor Dragon  $150 – 200
                      Ruby Lap Dragon  $175 – 200
                      Rainbow Mother Dragon  $200 (estimate based on the original sale price, I did not see one on ebay)
                      Rainbow Male Dragon  $200 (estimate based on the original sale price, I did not see one on ebay)
                      Rainbow Fledgling Dragon  $185 (this was the ebay price for the only one I saw)

melkatsa
                      Participant

Thank you so much, etruscan!!

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

How much are Ruby Sun Dragons going for? Does any one have any ideas?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

One sold on eBay in September for $157.50.  It had a couple of minor nicks, and a surface texture issue with the paint, so if yours is in better condition you could ask for more.

GardenNinja
                            Participant

That looks like what was under the gold leaf on my old Young Dragon. The gold leaf started getting cracks and flaking off. I rubbed it to get the loose flakes off, and pretty much all of it came off.

BTW, if anyone wants practice repairing & restoring a Windstone, I will sell this for the cost of shipping.  I replaced it many years ago.  The clear coat is mostly gone, especially on the display side.  The dust there doesn’t brush off.  The back side does release dust.

Here’s a better shot of the chip:

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

What would an older normal horse GB UNI sell for?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
                                Participant

GBBU?I think about $115 up from what I have noticed and a Ruby sun for $300.I have seen gbyu at $275 up.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 212 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.