fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author

Laurie wrote:

skeeterdeee wrote:

Laurie wrote:

Oh yeah, vanilla extract with a q-tip (regional slang) works fabulous! :yes:

Just the tip I needed! My hubby broke off a piece of a tooth eating popcorn recently and whines about it daily For some reason when he uses orajel every other part of his mouth goes numb except the tooth!

ha, yep. the benzocaine made me hurt worse. I have Mexican vanilla (I think more alcohol) Vanilla extract works the same. I think it’s just the alcohol. I heard you can do the same with rubbing, it just doesn’t taste so good. πŸ˜‰
    That and rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) is not the same kind of alcohol that you drink (ethanol) – so you should be careful with that anyway. In theory, any booze should work the same as vanilla…. and heck…. might taste better (if you’re into that)! πŸ˜†

Lupin
    Participant

This kid was supposed to be out on the 5th. She’s still on the inside nice & Comfy. I wish I could get that comfy.
      I even signed the Official Involuntary Eviction orders for the Coming Monday.
      Didn’t even do that with Khym, I also didn’t hurt as much.
      Here goes my Dream of having a less than 9lbs Baby!!
      Still hoping for no Medical issues with her.

All the spam posts… πŸ™„ 😑 😑 😑 *evil glare* –_–

I am so sick of high humidity. It seems like the weathermen could have predicted “hazy, hot and humid” every day this summer in NJ and been right. I can NOT wait for lower humidity.

bayoudragon
      Participant

If I have to go ONE MORE DAY without my laptop, I am seriously going to go POSTAL!!!! πŸ™„

No access to my files, no pen tablet, no nothing. Just really shady internet access (I guess I should at least be thankful for that…LOL).

OMG! What the FRILL is taking so long!!! :shout: πŸ™„ It better be ready tomorrow… or it’s NOT going to be pretty! πŸ˜†

Laurie
        Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

If I have to go ONE MORE DAY without my laptop, I am seriously going to go POSTAL!!!! πŸ™„

No access to my files, no pen tablet, no nothing. Just really shady internet access (I guess I should at least be thankful for that…LOL).

OMG! What the FRILL is taking so long!!! :shout: πŸ™„ It better be ready tomorrow… or it’s NOT going to be pretty! πŸ˜†

It’s ok honey, BREATH, BREATH!!! XD

Elena
          Participant

I’m working on a Mother-of-the-groom Dress and working on the finsihing bits and I discover a HOLE!!!! WTF!?!?! Not huge, just large enough to be noticalbe and in the middle of one of the back bodice panels. And it’s a BURN hole! WHERE did that come from since it wasn’t there yesterday and I haven’t touched or turned on the iron today! And of course this has to be done for delivery TODAY!!! πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„ since my client is going out of town (the wedding isn’t for another 10 days) till just before the wedding.
            I’ve already called her and let her know what’s happened and this means that I have to take apart the back of the dress, recut (thank god I have enough leftover fabric) the piece and restitch it in before I can finish this thing, adding another 3hrs of work, meaning delivery will be late late tonight. This on top of the tension issues with my machine that I’ve alredy dealt with this morning πŸ™„
            I’m going to go curl up and cry for a bit now πŸ˜₯

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I went to get crystals to adorn my muse for the swap and my craft shop didn’t have ANY in the sizes I needed. I grabbed a pack of beads in one of the sizes and will give them a try instead, but I feel bad my muse may not have gems on it.

*whine* I finally got a substantial collection, and now it’s got to go! πŸ™ and holy hell, Melody, those test paint auctions you’ve got up… Brilliant. *whine* I want one!! Haha.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

*whine* I hate point *whine*

(for those who don’t understand the previous statement…which is probably everyone) “point” is when they schedule us out of our department at work and make us go stand and greet customers at the front door and hand out flyers. These are the days I pray for someone to come in and and take me hostage at gunpoint… then maybe time would not stand still while I stand here like a goofy idiot smiling and lying to every person to their face.

“Hi! How are you today””
                “Fine and you?”
                “I’M JUST SUPER! Here’s a flyer full of wonderful promotions to help you save on your current project! *insert fake smile, hair bounce, & shiny tooth glimmer while thinking to self…. “I FU**ING HATE THIS JOB!” πŸ™„

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers wrote:

“Hi! How are you today””
                “Fine and you?”
                “I’M JUST SUPER! Here’s a flyer full of wonderful promotions to help you save on your current project! *insert fake smile, hair bounce, & shiny tooth glimmer while thinking to self…. “I FU**ING HATE THIS JOB!” πŸ™„

Sounds a lot like me working at Starbucks…. 4 shots of espresso before starting work REALLY helps the fake smile thing….. LOL πŸ˜†

Jasmine
                Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

“Hi! How are you today””
                  “Fine and you?”

Sounds a lot like me working at Starbucks…. 4 shots of espresso before starting work REALLY helps the fake smile thing….. LOL πŸ˜†

That’s pretty much any retail job… :shout:

My cat hates me now cause I have to shove 2 pills a day down her throat. I’ve tried everything, margarine, peanut butter, sticking them inside cat treats (my 2 cats have to be the only cats in the world that don’t like cat treats), sticking them inside a bit of chicken. She’ll fall for one thing just once, then the next time she won’t take it. πŸ™„

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Retail sucks… hates my job also Why do so many retail managers feel the need to treat their people like doggy doo? The whole store too, not always just a select few. Seems to me if you treated people well and said little things like ‘thank you’ or ‘we appreciate your effort’, employee morale would soar through the roof and it would have a positive effect on the store’s performance as a whole. I realize minimum wage is the going rate around here and you can’t really control raises/payscale in a corporation, but nobody is controlling your tongue and attitude.

Dandelion, I’m sorry you have to sell your nascent collection (you have some really nice pieces too!), but please hang around. You can enjoy our collections vicariously and plan what you’d like until you’re in a position to get new ones- we’re good at helping feed your addiction! We’ve had a few members join before they really had any pieces.

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

Jasmine wrote:

My cat hates me now cause I have to shove 2 pills a day down her throat. I’ve tried everything, margarine, peanut butter, sticking them inside cat treats (my 2 cats have to be the only cats in the world that don’t like cat treats), sticking them inside a bit of chicken. She’ll fall for one thing just once, then the next time she won’t take it. πŸ™„

Have you tried Pill Pockets made by Greenies? Those are the edible little pouches into which one can sneak pills for your feline or Fido (the doggie pouches are bigger than the cat ones). I know several people who rave about them.

On to my rant, just got around to finishing up my cover letter for a job (with my parents help) and my mom got a look at the resume a friend helped put together for me and started to go off on me because it’s formatted a different way than she is familiar with. He’s written lots of resumes for others recently and gotten most of them hired. Mom hasn’t had to write a resume in a long time (she’s been at her current job a dozen years). Who do you think is more in touch with the resume world?

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Al retail jobs are basically he same thing I guess… one endless whine after another…

I know it’s early since my last whine, but I already have another.

Even though I’ve seen it a million times I just watched Pay It Forward….dammit. I always BAWL at the end of that movie! πŸ˜₯

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,863 total)
                      • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.