fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    CHeMnICORn
    Participant

WARNING, REALLY LONG WHINE THAT IS MAYBE PG-13

I hate my weight, and I get incredibly aggravated by the thinner people who talk like it’s so easy to fix.

My immediate disclaimer is that I am not obese. I’m definitely overweight according to my BMI though. I’ve never been a person who cared that much about how I look, but I do remember the FEEL of being thinner and it didn’t involve so much of me jiggling. By nature, I do not actually gain weight very quickly, but this means I do not lose it easily either. The only reason I even ended up this heavy is…. wait for it….. hormonal birth control. I know there is a lot of debate regarding that issue, but I know my body.

I have tried the hormones a total of three times in my lifetime. The first two were for health reasons, and the third was after I got married. Each time it was the lowest does available. Each time I gave them the 3-4month adjustment window, but was rewarded with depression and 10 pounds of weight gain. The first couple of times I hadn’t even hit 25 yet, so I couldn’t tell if it was the hormones or just me getting my ‘womanly curves.’ The third time was after a long period of very steady weight, with even a bit of loss right before I went on it. Once I regained my loss AND the extra ten pounds I knew what was up.

I am now at least 30 pounds overweight with no way to fix my situation. I work in a lab, which means standing or sitting, but not a lot of walking. It takes me an hour to drive home, after which I will need to get groceries or fix dinner, and then help my hubby wind down as he tends to not sleep well without relaxing properly. Unless I were to abandon everything and everyone I care about to spend every spare waking moment in the gym I am out of luck.

I don’t over eat. I enjoy higher protein, lower carb diets, and I don’t like a ton of sweets (one square of dark chocolate is enough). I don’t drink soda except on rare occasions (hate anything sweetened with fructose), and I drink tons of water. I try to got out walking during the work day to keep my metabolism up, but it is impossible for me to reach the 10,000 recommended steps a day because of how my job works and my lack of time outside of it. I remain trapped in a body that feels heavier that it should be, and I’m pissed that the doctors I was supposed to be able to trust led me down this path.

To anyone considering any internal form of birth control I highly recommend the book ‘Taking Charge of Your Fertility.’ It’s old, but it does work if followed exactly. They make apps for this type of tracking method now too. I beg you, be educated about this and don’t end up like me.

Kim
      Blocked

Sorry to hear about the weight struggles CHeMnICORn. I have not really taken birth control myself so haven’t had that issue although it’s good to be aware of. Maybe some are better than others. I gained about 10 pounds myself after struggling with depression for a couple of years and once I got my ex out of my life I have gotten better. I dance though and hike and bike and play sports with friends and try to stay active. This year though it has been quite rainy here so harder to go for walks and things outdoors unless it’s nice but I have a rebounder and stationary bike at home that I use when I don’t have time to go anywhere else for exercise. It sounds like you are doing everything right with diet and such as I also follow trying to eat less carbs, more lean protein and avoiding sugar, pop, chips, anything deep fried and fast food in general. Quinoa, rice and potatoes are good carbs compared to wheats, white flour and pastas. Some good proteins are legumes, nuts and beans or lean meats like chicken, turkey or fish. I don’t drink anything carbonated, avoid caffeine like pop and coffee and don’t drink alcohol. I make natural juices and smoothies and drink lots of filtered water. Green smoothies with kale and spinach, berries and bananas are great. I did find when I ate salad and a smoothie everyday besides my meals that seemed to help me feel more energetic and help my digestion. If you struggle to lose weight it might be good to do a a juice cleanse or use some supplements to cleanse your body and get rid of toxins. Fat cells store toxins so when you get rid of the toxins it helps you get rid of excess fat as well. I have been slowly going down in weight doing all these things.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Celestial Rainstorm
        Participant

I’m sorry all, I just have to complain. I have to move out of my house with my mother and find an apartment within a month because of domestic issues I am so tired of. My brother and his girlfriend have taken over our lives – they use up all the gas, food, money, etc for their own pleasure and there’s simply nothing we can do to stop it (brother is very temperamental and more than once has given us bruises). So my mum and I are escaping, but the wait is so hard because my father, brother and his girlfriend has left us in financial distress by using all of our resources, and my mum is disabled – on a fixed income.

And all the money I saved to treat myself to some autumn Windstone dragons when they came out is gone. I know that’s just a petty little whine compared to what’s going on, but it just makes it hard to look forward to anything.

Finding happiness again.

dragonmedley
          Participant

You’re escaping, that’s really good!!! Big hugs.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Ela_Hara
            Participant

First Thing, besides investigating lawyers about your abusive brother, is to open up new bank accounts with just yours and your Mom’s name, and then have any incoming money, like her Social Security or any paychecks, setup with direct deposit into those new accounts – then your other ‘family’ members should not be able to touch that money or those accounts!

FYI – verbal abuse is just as destructive as physical abuse – again I’m thinking about your comment regarding your brother – and if you start documenting this you may be able to press charges or at least you should investigate services for ‘Battered Wives, etc., which may include a temporary place to stay and potential help/assistance, while you and your Mum find more permanent housing.

God Bless! Good Luck! HUGE Hugz and Thoughts and Prayers that things go well for you both!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Celestial Rainstorm
              Participant

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your words of comfort, you’ve no idea how much it really helps.

Finding happiness again.

Dragoneer_88
                Participant

Hang in there, Celestial. I echo what the others havd said and don’t let anything stop you and your mom from getting away from a bad situation. I know it must be difficult. Stay strong.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Matthew.
                    Now we may even get the eye. (I live about 25-30 miles as the crow flies from the coast at Cape Kennedy)
                    Aaand we live in a 20 ft. trailer. pooh.
                    Darjeb, you live closer to the coast than I, maybe others do too… hope everyone is okay.

Aaand it may even loop-de-loop back! Pthpththp.

StormDancer
                    Participant

Celestial Rainstorm there isn’t much I can add to what others have already said. Just know that as uprooting as taking steps to stay safe can be, in the long run it is what is best for you and you mom.
                      Good luck and hugs!

For those of you that are or that have families in the path of the hurricanes Please stay safe. Sending prayers of protections and peace your way!

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

OK I am new to Forum (little over 2 months) and my fridge freezer went out ( fridge part still working…
                        Whine..
                        The BAD part is I have 3 sellers holding items for me until October 21, my next pay day.
                        1 seller holding a curlie, a different seller holding more than 1 curlie, and yet another seller holding a poad.
                        Whine, Whine,Whine.
                        All three AMAZING sellers have totally been kind, understanding, and have cut me some financial slack and 2 have given me even MORE time if needed ( for sure I can afford the 1 curlie.)
                        So I am so very very grateful for the genuine understanding of all 3 sellers…
                        And makes me feel good about myself instead of feeling like a flop due to fridge freezer ( warrenty expired this June) alas.
                        Thank you for listening.
                        Hugs!!!
                        Suzanne-Marie

///(*_+)\\\

Tinks
                        Participant

My bank account was hacked. Thankfully the bank caught it. Sadly, i leave for vacation tomorrow. All accounts were placed on a hold. My poor credit card has to take the damage till everything is worked out.

GardenNinja
                          Participant

*******************WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH*******************
                            Canada is too cold and New Zealand is too conservative/traditional.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

pipsxlch
                            Participant

Can I join you, GardenNinja? Though it seems nobody likes/wants Americans unless they’re loaded.
                              My daughter has a Finnish friend who has offered her his home, I told her to go- she hasn’t finished school, but the Finnish are supposed to be among the best. I’d miss her but she’d be safer there.

etruscan
                              Participant

Except for being next door to Russia …

Kim
                                Blocked

It’s actually not that cold here in Calgary right now GardenNinja. The last couple days it was around 20 degrees C outside which is about 68 degrees F, a nice room temperature. Although it snows every once in a while too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 1,863 total)
                                • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.