fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author

machineguts wrote:

Cinnamon won’t stop chewing on wires and we CANNOT get her to stop. We’ve tried everything from bitter apple spray to sticky tape to just blocking everything we don’t want her to chew on. She just comes running in from the other room and body slams the object to move it out of the way. I’m not kidding! That brat cat is scary smart. And obviously extremely bored. I don’t know what else to do. We pet & play with her all the time, it’s not like we don’t socialize with her. We can’t figure out what is fueling these habits and how to help change them. I don’t want to walk in one day to find her with a severe shock wound, or even worse. ๐Ÿ™ *Is totally out of ideas on how to stop her* ๐Ÿ™„

PVC pipe to cover the wires? She won’t be able to chew through them, and she can’t butt them out of the way, either. Not pretty but should work. :shrug:

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I turned my computer on specifically just to log in and WHINE!!!!!

So I have been starving for like a half an hour sitting on my butt trying to recollect what’s in my cabinets cause I didn’t want to get up. SO I’m thinking YEA Frosted Flakes! num num num num

SO yea, went out and poured a big heaping bowl (the rest of the box actually) and grabbed the milk, poured, and CHUNKS FROM FROSTED HELL! Dude! My expiration date is like a week away! Why is the milk all CHUNKY! ….. now I’m not even hungry anymore…. and I wasted all my cereal. *pout*

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

bayoudragon
      Participant

Sorry Drag0nfeathers, but I couldn’t help but laugh… you type so descriptively, I had a nice visual… LOL!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

haha…. I guess I was pretty descriptive, but it was the heat of the moment.

…. but I still miss my cereal ๐Ÿ™

It could have been in mah belly… but it’s in the TRASH… all rotten and sweet and sour…. like frosted pork…. stinking up mah house! ๐Ÿ™„

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

siberakh1
          Participant

We had a puffball mushroom growing in our yard. My dad and I have been waiting for one to finally just appear and grow in our yard. It was starting to get to be a decent size, only to have my mom kick it because she didn’t want my dad or I to eat it, so it is now in little mushroom pieces. Her reasoning? It wasn’t from a store (which doesn’t make sense because we also have cucumbers, wax (yellow) beans, tomatoes (more than we could possibly eat), peppers, sage, parsley, and radishes and onions that all have come from our garden and NOT from a store. This is despite the fact that it is quite safe to eat and actually quite delicious, sauteed in butter. It’s the one mushroom that I know for sure I can pick in my area that is safe to eat. My dad and I are not happy. If another one pops up, we are going to move it and all the soil around it to another part of the yard behind the garden where she won’t see it and doesn’t go. I’ve waited several years for one to show up in the yard…. *whines*

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Aw, I used to get those at my old house all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Megan
              Participant

Sorry about your mushroom, Siberakh ๐Ÿ™ My mom used to do the same thing — only I didn’t even want to EAT the things, just wait until they dried out and puff out all the dust.

My Whine for the day: I went through the trouble of making an appointment to give blood today in honor of my birthday being this weekend. I get there, wait for half an hour, get BOTH my middle fingers brutalized with needles, and THEN they tell me that my iron is too low to donate. I wish they would do the iron check BEFORE you fill out the paperwork and waste time waiting around ๐Ÿ™„

Colin’s all the way in Cold Lake, all my stuff is in boxes, and the kitty has stinky poo….. ๐Ÿ™ But it’s still the cleanest my apartment’s ever been…. LOL

And he stole my microwave! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I am heartbroken.

I had finally been able to obtain a retired Brown Male Griffin on Ebay. I payed approximately $200 for him. I was elated.
                The seller, however, was less than perfect – never communicated with me, thus I sent the prompts. Delayed shipping twice, each time with grandiose excuses (only one I can verify as an out-right lie). I was patient.

Finally he came in the mail, and I was so happy I swear to you I was nearly in tears. I then opened the box to find that the seller had not packed him properly. Half the beak was broken off. His left fore-talon was chipped to it’s height. The top of his head was flaked off due to the constant rubbing of his head on the side of the box.
                I tired contacting the seller, and have yet to hear from them.

What hurts is that I thought that I’d finally be able to end a 16 year hunt and deserve a little closure in issues surrounding this guy along the years. I’ve lost money, which may not be the most detrimental in the grand scheme of things but does set me back in trying to obtain another. And insult to the aforementioned injury, there is now one less Brown Male Griffin in circulation because some aloof seller wasn’t competent.

… and I can still see his blue eyes peeking out of the box at me. I have to put him downstairs.

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Rakshar wrote:

I am heartbroken.

I had finally been able to obtain a retired Brown Male Griffin on Ebay. I payed approximately $200 for him. I was elated.
                  The seller, however, was less than perfect – never communicated with me, thus I sent the prompts. Delayed shipping twice, each time with grandiose excuses (only one I can verify as an out-right lie). I was patient.

Finally he came in the mail, and I was so happy I swear to you I was nearly in tears. I then opened the box to find that the seller had not packed him properly. Half the beak was broken off. His left fore-talon was chipped to it’s height. The top of his head was flaked off due to the constant rubbing of his head on the side of the box.
                  I tired contacting the seller, and have yet to hear from them.

What hurts is that I thought that I’d finally be able to end a 16 year hunt and deserve a little closure in issues surrounding this guy along the years. I’ve lost money, which may not be the most detrimental in the grand scheme of things but does set me back in trying to obtain another. And insult to the aforementioned injury, there is now one less Brown Male Griffin in circulation because some aloof seller wasn’t competent.

… and I can still see his blue eyes peeking out of the box at me. I have to put him downstairs.
                  Don’t forget there are several forum members who do wonderful jobs of repairing damaged windstones.

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

Remember too that you bought him off ebay and your purchase should be covered. If that seller isn’t communicating with you after you send messages to him about the damage, you can open a dispute.

I had recently bought an owl sconce on ebay and the seller wasn’t that far from me. I did tell her I wanted the item double boxed and all she wrote was she guaranteed it wouldn’t be DOA. Well it was–in two pieces and numerous, numerous chips! I do see a full refund but I don’t see it in my paypal yet–sometimes takes a bit for these things to show up. But she did refund me.

I hope the seller will work with you–will make things so much easier!

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

Okay–I’ve got a little whine–guys who drive those sucky trucks! You know the vacuum trucks that clean parking lots in the morning. Well I’m beginning to wonder if it’s not exactly the most exciting job ever because these jerks seem to take pleasure out of seeing how close they can get to you and your car. Mind you, I’m not exactly a babe, but one morning I had this guy circling around me, getting closer and closer in one of these trucks. I’m the only one walking out there and my car is the only one there so why did he have to get so close? ๐Ÿ˜ก Believe me, if I had a shotgun, I would have blown his tires off ๐Ÿ˜† Geesh!

Laurie
                      Participant

Ok, my first whine……..
                        I’ve had a piece of my tooth out since Tuesday.
                        We all thought that it was sinus because this has been happening for 6 weeks. Headaches, earaches, temple pain, sore thoat. 99.6 temp. etc. Went to the doc on Tuesday, checked me out, said sinus. Well was chewing on a Milkdud ( one of my weaknesses? (question mark for the spelling of the word, not the milkduds. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) and a piece fell out. ๐Ÿ˜•
                        Called my dentist, they were closed. Called everywhere last week. No one wanted a new patient cause it’s LABOR DAY!!!! yay. So tomarrow I either find my dentist back from the Labor day vacation, or I go postal………..ok, probably not, but I want to.
                        ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„

Oh yeah, vanilla extract with a q-tip (regional slang) works fabulous! :yes:

Skeeterdeee
                        Participant

Laurie wrote:

Just the tip I needed! My hubby broke off a piece of a tooth eating popcorn recently and whines about it daily For some reason when he uses orajel every other part of his mouth goes numb except the tooth!

Laurie
                          Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

Laurie wrote:

Just the tip I needed! My hubby broke off a piece of a tooth eating popcorn recently and whines about it daily For some reason when he uses orajel every other part of his mouth goes numb except the tooth!

ha, yep. the benzocaine made me hurt worse. I have Mexican vanilla (I think more alcohol) Vanilla extract works the same. I think it’s just the alcohol. I heard you can do the same with rubbing, it just doesn’t taste so good. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.