fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author

*whine* because I didn’t pay the pet deposit on Mojo (was moving soon enough to not bother paying the $250 deposit) – I had to ship him to my sister-in-law’s so that they don’t find him during their 2nd inspection in 7 days! WTF. Really. This is violating my privacy, but I can’t do squat (because the law is in their favor).

I’m so mad, I’m very suspicious that they want to steal something! πŸ™„

Jasmine
    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

My cat hates me now cause I have to shove 2 pills a day down her throat. I’ve tried everything, margarine, peanut butter, sticking them inside cat treats (my 2 cats have to be the only cats in the world that don’t like cat treats), sticking them inside a bit of chicken. She’ll fall for one thing just once, then the next time she won’t take it. πŸ™„

Have you tried Pill Pockets made by Greenies? Those are the edible little pouches into which one can sneak pills for your feline or Fido (the doggie pouches are bigger than the cat ones). I know several people who rave about them.

I haven’t seen these before but since she doesn’t like regular treats…these seem the same. I’ll give them a try though. Not like I have anything to lose. Thanks Peg!!

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Welcome! One person I know that recommends them has cats that are a bit finicky about treats (and of course pills as well), but the cats seem to snap these up. First time she just gave the cats empty pockets, just to see how they would react. It wasn’t until later that she gave them the pockets with the pills in side. She even had to use to pockets for one of the pills because it was too big to fit in one completely, but the cats didn’t mind.

bayoudragon
        Participant

Definitely a whine (and not a rant)….

Now that I have the new laptop up and running, I’ve come to the realization that none of my favorite desktop wallpapers fit! My new screen is longer than the last one. fricka-fracka-grrr…. πŸ™„ WHAAAAAAHHHH!!! *throws tantrum*

Note to self. Stove top does not equal oven. Note to self two: do not place hands on burner of stove top, when turned on. Even if you think you turned on the oven. πŸ™„ :shout:

A mint Windstone is no longer mint… I was just going to re-organize how the dragons on a certain shelf was placed and while removing one dragon from the shelf I accidently hit the other with it and the result is 2 black spots on the tail. Luckily the rubs are quite small, but it`s still frustrating… It`s soo hard to find perfect dragons like this dragon used to be… πŸ™

Apari
          Participant

MetalDragoness wrote:

A mint Windstone is no longer mint… I was just going to re-organize how the dragons on a certain shelf was placed and while removing one dragon from the shelf I accidently hit the other with it and the result is 2 black spots on the tail. Luckily the rubs are quite small, but it`s still frustrating… It`s soo hard to find perfect dragons like this dragon used to be… πŸ™

I know how you feel… I swear i just looked at my Jade scratcher and he got a nice chip on his eye brow, i have no idea how. :shrug:

siberakh1
            Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

We had a puffball mushroom growing in our yard. My dad and I have been waiting for one to finally just appear and grow in our yard. It was starting to get to be a decent size, only to have my mom kick it because she didn’t want my dad or I to eat it, so it is now in little mushroom pieces. Her reasoning? It wasn’t from a store (which doesn’t make sense because we also have cucumbers, wax (yellow) beans, tomatoes (more than we could possibly eat), peppers, sage, parsley, and radishes and onions that all have come from our garden and NOT from a store. This is despite the fact that it is quite safe to eat and actually quite delicious, sauteed in butter. It’s the one mushroom that I know for sure I can pick in my area that is safe to eat. My dad and I are not happy. If another one pops up, we are going to move it and all the soil around it to another part of the yard behind the garden where she won’t see it and doesn’t go. I’ve waited several years for one to show up in the yard…. *whines*

I found two more in the ground this morning…. mom hasn’t noticed them. Dad and I are moving them and the soil around them tonight to a pile of manure/compost behind the tomato plants. My mom will never know they are there until they are full grown and ready…. bwahahaha!

Apari
              Participant

That’s hilarious. πŸ˜€
                My family use to go shroom hunting all the time, I don’t care for them that much.
                Enjoy them while you can!

Apari
                Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Definitely a whine (and not a rant)….

Now that I have the new laptop up and running, I’ve come to the realization that none of my favorite desktop wallpapers fit! My new screen is longer than the last one. fricka-fracka-grrr…. πŸ™„ WHAAAAAAHHHH!!! *throws tantrum*
                  Have you been to http://www.digitalblasphemy.com ?
                  Go there and click on wallpapers / freebies, it amazes me that all of these are computer generated. You can download some for normal or widescreen monitors.

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Very cool! Thanks! πŸ™‚ I just miss my anime characters. 😳

On a different note, I found that the geeks at Best Buy entered my name wrong when they set up my computer. Now all my documents are tagged with my misspelled name. C’mon people, PROOFREAD!! Very irritating. πŸ™„ LOL

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

I need to whine again!! :shout:
                      I LOVE to read scary stories before I go to bed each night. I joined a book club 2 years ago where they send me two TERRIFYING novels each month. I LOOOOOVED my book club, I couldn’t wait for my next book to arrive. I didn’t receive any books at all in august, I’ve been waiting…and waiting..and waiting. So I went to their forum for the first time and learned that they no longer PRINT books, if I want to read their authors I have to get a Kindle 😑
                      I DON”T WANT A KINDLE! WAH!! πŸ˜₯ I want my books brand new, lined up neatly on my shelves. I has a sad πŸ™
                      Stupid technology. ::POUT::

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

my first whine… it’s frickin’ 14 degrees F. this morning with a nasty wind chill factor – gusts up to 40 mph. It was a beautiful 77 F. yesterday. I’m not ready for winter yet…

twindragonsmum

tdm

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

I have to say I am seriously disappointed at the Scholastic Book Clubs Web site. I went online with a two-fold intention. First to order books for Gavin, second to order one book in particular (“Me and My Dad!” by Alison Ritchie). I want the paperback version of the book so it matches the companion “Me and My Mom!” book he already has. That means I have to order it from Scholastic (or buy it from someone reselling it).

Every Web site that I have ever been on that you place orders on has a box where you input text and it will search the site for the item that matches that text.

Scholastic Book Clubs doesn’t.

I looked under as many different headings as I could think of with no luck. Needless to say, when I was asked to do a survey about my experience on the site I complained about the lack of a text search box.

Then a friend found me a link to Scholastic’s main site (not the book club side) and the book is nowhere to be found. Grrr! It’s not fair. They never put “Me and My Dad!” in the monthly booklets, yet they put “Me and My Mom!” in booklets. Why do for one parent and not the other?

And why have a search on the main site, but not on the book club site as well (since the teachers get a book free every time a parent orders online from the book club site)?

Too bad I’m not an educator/teacher or I could order the book.

Diets suck.

-whimper-

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,863 total)
                        • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.