fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Just looked on the IRS FAQs about this – look at the New 2022 rule adjustment. “if the aggregate amount of payments for goods and services exceeds $600 during the calendar year.” SO, it looks like we’ll get a 1099-K form to account for sales as income for 2022 and beyond. If I read this correctly, this means that if I sell some of my Windstones and make a total of $600 or more doing this within 2022 (Yes the entire year of 2022!) I’m going to owe the IRS – CRAP! More government types picking my pocket! The aggregate amount WAS 20,000! This rule is going to catch ALL of us! So – when is the IRS going to start trolling yard sales?????

IRS FAQs: https://www.irs.gov/payments/general-faqs-on-new-payment-card-reporting-requirements
      If you accept payment cards as a form of payment, you will receive a Form 1099-K for the gross amount of proceeds for the goods or services purchased from you through the use of a payment card in a calendar year. Further, if you accept payments from a third-party settlement organization, you should receive a Form 1099-K from that organization only if:

The total number of your transactions exceeds 200 AND The aggregate value exceeds $20,000 in a calendar year.

>>>>>> Effective for returns for calendar years beginning in 2022: <<<<<<
      If you accept payment cards as a form of payment, you will receive a Form 1099-K for the gross amount of the payments made to you through the use of a payment card during the calendar year. Further, if you accept payments from a third-party settlement organization, you will receive a Form 1099-K from that organization only if the aggregate amount of payments for goods and services exceeds $600 during the calendar year.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
      Participant

OMG! What the H-E-double toothpicks cost $94.49 to ship? And when you make up a Click n Ship online label you need to enter the package weight. In what world does 7lbs. cost ONLY $11.69? How could the USPS online system even populate that correctly? The seller must have entered it incorrectly on purpose – THAT could not have been a mistake in my opinion. He probably didn’t want to have eBay’s cut taken out of the shipping costs (or PayPal) since they look at the total money received for a sale including shipping costs. I hope eBay flags him – he’s basically also trying to weasel out of eBay/PayPal fees!

Talking about PayPal, I just heard/read this for USA sellers …’Rosen Reports’ on WBAL-TV here in Maryland mentions this for users selling stuff online.

“This year’s tax season comes with a new change for payment apps such as Venmo, PayPal, Zelle or Square.
        Those apps will have to start reporting business transactions if they’re $600 or more per year. If you have a side hustle like selling goods or services on Etsy — this means you.

Before this change to the tax code was signed into law, mobile payment apps only had to tell the IRS when a person had over 200 commercial transactions that exceeded $20,000 in total value, per year. Now, if someone receives a business payment for $600 or more, the payment app must file a Form 1099-K to report the commercial income that was collected on the app.

Remember, this doesn’t apply to other payments, like sending your roommate rent money or splitting the tab at dinner. Those personal transactions will not be taxed.

Financial experts say if you do own a business and collect payments through these apps, check the Q&A pages on their websites. They post about how they’re dealing with the new tax change and everything you need to know. You can also visit this FAQ page on the IRS website.”

well that would be a Melody’s Pool Cats Print….he put it in a weird long rectangle box with lots of room on both ends that was way tooo much even for trying to leave space around it…..so far he isn’t answering my message and if he doesn’t in a few days, I will be opening a case on it…..but yeah there was no way he didn’t know that his shipping label wasn’t enough….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

fatalbeauty
        Participant

update: refund for insufficient funds is now on the way, just 3-5 business days…..

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Can 2022 stop already?

My husband’s grandfather (Pawpaw) has been on a ventilator since last week. He went into the hospital for some work on his pacemaker, ended up needing dialysis as well and was even on a feeding tube for a bit. They are supposed to be taking him off the ventilator today.

We don’t have as many details of his progress last week because my mother-in-law, his daughter, was in a near head-on collision the Friday before and has been stuck at home due to five broken ribs and a broken ankle. She’s lucky that the girl who hit her didn’t kill her. The girl was too busy sending snapchats (confirmed in the police report) to pay attention to the US highway she was on (mother-in-law was at a stop sign waiting to cross).

They aren’t expecting Pawpaw to live very long once he’s off the ventilator. His wife, Mawmaw, hasn’t been in the best health so it’s expected that she won’t live too long after Pawpaw passes. They are both 88 and have been married 68 years.

My husband is starting to have flashbacks to 2007 when he lost his Gramps (father’s father) in January, Granny (father’s mother) in March, and father in October.

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Oh Gosh! That’s a horrible start to 2022! I’m so sorry!
              My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Pegasi!

I hope they throw the book at that snapchatting girl….sounds like a civil suit is in order.

Natasha
              Participant

I’m so sorry, Pegasi! That’s a real string of stressful situations. I’m sorry you and your family are facing this. Hugs.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Bodine
                Participant

Geez.So very sorry Pegasi.Stay strong lady and wishing all the best.
                  This year is gonna be banger😐

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Pawpaw passed very early Friday morning. He had made his wishes well known, so funeral service was yesterday (Saturday). We had a family viewing, then the service was outside at the cemetery. It was cold, but sunny.

My heart goes out to the family members, but especially his wife, who told us when we last visited that she can’t remember a time without him in her life. My heart also hurts for my husband. He spent a lot of time with his grandparents when his was a child and his parents divorced and then his mother went to nursing school. They were a second set of parents to him so he’s just lost a “father”.

etruscan
                    Participant

Pawpaw passed very early Friday morning. He had made his wishes well known, so funeral service was yesterday (Saturday). We had a family viewing, then the service was outside at the cemetery. It was cold, but sunny.

My heart goes out to the family members, but especially his wife, who told us when we last visited that she can’t remember a time without him in her life. My heart also hurts for my husband. He spent a lot of time with his grandparents when his was a child and his parents divorced and then his mother went to nursing school. They were a second set of parents to him so he’s just lost a “father”.

My condolences to you and your family.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

😭 Mawmaw, my husband’s grandmother, just passed away.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Oh so sorry to hear about this Pegasi!
                          My thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this difficult time!

GardenNinja
                          Participant

I’m sorry for the 1-2 punch of losing your husband’s grandparents, Pegasi.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

merrillannwhite
                            Participant

Sorry for your losses Pegasi. They are together again, but it hurts those left behind. My thoughts and prayers with your family. Give your husband a good long hug.

Megan
                              Participant

So very sorry, Pegasi. Losing a grandparent that you’re close to is a special kind of pain. Let alone two of them so close together.

Kujacker
                                Participant

So many bad things are happening to everyone this year already :/ I go into new years neutrally, but it’s already going pretty bad.

So I can’t recall if I shared this here. Two weeks after moving here (in September), someone rear ended me (then that same week, my friend that I’m living with got rear ended as well). About a month later, my truck was broken into and all they stole was my $100 motorcycle gloves (??? convinced it was someone homeless, but those gloves don’t do a thing to help with warmth. They’re so if you eat it while riding a motorcycle, your hands are saved. I own a motorcycle, but I always wore them while driving too). About a week later, someone sideswiped my truck.

Well. On Monday, someone tried to straight up steal my truck while I was at work. My truck is year 2002, so I think they thought they could just shove the screwdriver in and drive off with it. Except the steering wheel locks if you move it even an inch without the key in the ignition. Also, said key has a chip, so you can’t start the truck without the key in the ignition. So, they caused damage and left the screwdriver.

Obviously, they didn’t get the truck. But they screwed it up so much trying, that I, essentially, don’t have a vehicle anymore. I had to pay to have it towed back to my friends place. The company said that that repair starts at $600, but can be up for $1000. It’s not an issue, but like… why. I’ve had that truck for 15 years and he’s been in perfect condition up until I moved back to Washington and… now he’s trashed. Doesn’t even have 135,000 miles on him…

(also, my friend is taking me to/from work for the time being and today after he dropped me off, he got rear ended and the driver took off. My truck has cursed his vehicle and they get damaged together, apparently)

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.