WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    Embrie
    Participant

That’s awful, Kujacker. I’m sorry.

Most of the posts seem to be about actual serious problems, but I’m going to throw in my own low-gravity whine: I’ve been looking specifically for an emerald peacock scratching dragon. Somebody posted that they wanted a scratching dragon and were open to most colors.

A seller offered them an emerald peacock for below store price just because it’s still in production. ??? That’s not how pricing works, I would have paid more for it than that.

sighhh.

And also, I bought a jade scratcher for $250, but when I got it it turned out to be covered in caked-on dust, chips, and scratches. I decided to keep it anyway.

And then like a month later one that looks like it was in way better condition sold for $213. :\

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

Ericka
      Participant

Ugh, Kujacker, I’m sorry. Petunia (my XTerra) has 217,000 miles on her, and I still get upset at every new ding. It kind of sounds like a dash cam might be worth your while.

I’m whiny because I am *over* winter. It got up to 70F and then this morning, cold and snowy again.

I’m even whinier because I’ve put several hundred dollars into planting bulbs at this house over the last few years. The tree rats ate most of them (yes, including the “toxic” daffodil bulbs) and then the tornado and my landlady’s ham-handed idiot of a “landscaper” took out the rest of them. So I don’t think I’ll have any spring flowers this year.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I’m done with this year. First my husband’s grandfather passed in January, then his grandmother passed in February, and now my uncle passed on Thursday. 😥

pipsxlch
          Participant

I’m so sorry for your family’s losses, Pegasi. You’re not even catching a break.😔

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I’m so sorry Pegasi – my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope 2022 gets better.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Thank you all. It’s hard to put anything into words lately. My uncle had a form of cancer called multiple myeloma. He’d been in remission, but apparently took a turn for the worst this last month. He was at Emory in Atlanta on Wednesday to see if he would qualify for an experimental treatment but he didn’t. The doctors had given him two months based on his condition at the time.

It definitely has me concerned for my mother as she turns 77 this year. She’s active and healthy (other than mild high blood pressure). Her mother lived until she was 80.

Then for my husband, this year has started almost the same as 2007. He lost his father’s parents in late January and early March that year, then his father in October. He’s been worried about his mother based on that.

This year still doesn’t seem real. I keep thinking when am I going to wake up and find it was all a dream. I feel like I’m running on fumes, waking up tired and dragging through the day.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Here’s a Whine – I typed out a long message and the forum thread ate it!

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Prayers for my coworker John, who lost parts of fingers to the meat grinder last night. He’s a young man, with a new baby.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

well Big Mac my younger cat lives in the bathroom so we took him out, put him in the crate like we always do and showered……finished, dried out the tub and such so he wouldn’t slip and put him back into his room again…….sooooooooooooo about two hours later, I go in to shut the bathroom window and the sink is over flowing on to the carpeted area…..turns out Big Mac figured out how to turn on the sink…….and the carpeted area is soaked about two feet out…..got the apartment maintenance guy in here, he looked and brought in a giant fan that will take care of it until Covid is less of a thing and we can get the carpet area replaced….so now Big Mac is in the area with the shower behind that door but I’m guessing he’s going to end up in the bedroom tonight with hubby while I’m on the couch with Morgan since our kitties don’t get along……

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

Prayers for my coworker John, who lost parts of fingers to the meat grinder last night. He’s a young man, with a new baby.

opps, missed this as I posted my whine….

hope he’ll be okay, poor guy! and just prayed for him….

4 things I'm looking for:
                        1. Mother Meerkat
                        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
                        Participant

Gee I hope this year gets better for all😕

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

VS
                          Participant

*Sends good vibes at all of you*

I wish all of you less sadness and frustration and more happiness and peace. 🤗🙏🤞🍀

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Tony, my loving husband of 29 years, my best friend, my life partner and my greatest love, passed away this afternoon shortly before 5pm (EDT).

Tony had several health issues including a recent diagnosis in September 2021 of AML – Acute Myeloid Leukemia. We had been working with his Oncologist, and the Chemo he had been receiving was not working as well as hoped, so in early March he switched to another AML mutation-targeted medication that initially showed a little progress. At our May 31st appointment we received the bad news that this treatment also was not working either and the last option would be a very strong IV Chemo that would mean that Tony would need to be treated within the hospital and could endure several potential infections. Our Oncologist did not believe Tony’s body would tolerate the chemo and it would be painful for him. In addition, the success rate would only be 10%. We did not my husband spending the rest of his time in a hospital. We opted to just keep him sustained with blood transfusions, which may be weekly, until that was not a viable option and then Hospice. I estimated that we would have up to several good months together.

All that changed in a split second at 7:39am on Monday, June 6, 2022 on a two-lane road outside of Annapolis. We were driving home from getting Tony’s blood work done for the week and anticipated seeing his Oncologist on Tuesday, June 7th. Traveling west-bound on the road with a clear morning the stretch we were on was relatively straight and you can clearly see the opposing traffic several thousand yard away. The lead car on the east-bound opposing traffic drifted across the center double yellow line and as I blew my horn (I was driving) the other car just kept coming in our lane and towards us. No slowing down, no stopping, nothing until we crashed head-on. I did try to avoid the car by steering towards the shoulder but we hit. The road’s speed limit was 50 mph. I estimated I was going 45 – the other car I believe was at speed or around that. The cars bounced off each other and we both spun. I ended up on the west-bound side’s shoulder against bushes and trees and the other car was in the middle of the road.

Don’t worry – there were no fatalities at the scene (and no alcohol was involved we were told). The other driver (who hit me) was alive and appeared to be in good condition at the scene. I hurt like hell across my chest from the seat belt compression and it was found that I had a fractured sternum, and of course heavy bruising. across my chest and belly area but no other injuries – Thank God! We were taken to different hospitals. I was released from my hospital Monday evening. Tony’s left eye was bleeding internally and looked nasty as it was ballooning around his iris. He was taken to John Hopkins in Baltimore where his eye could be reviewed by the Wilmer Eye Institute doctors. Unfortunately, his blood work and some internal bleeding from hematomas on his side and hips kept him at the SICU (Surgical ICU), where he had been since Monday, June 6th. Of course, with a fractured sternum I couldn’t drive and was in pain so I stayed with my mom. My sister put our dog, Patti, in boarding. The first chance I got to see Tony was on Wednesday, Thursday and over this past weekend – Saturday and Sunday (6/11 – 6/12). My sister took me to our house this past Monday (6/13) – the first time I got home since the accident! Then overnight our World turned to crap.

Tony’s lungs and blood oxygen levels worsened due to a number of factors the doctors said, and he was put on a ventilator to help provide oxygen. He did not want to be in that condition but wanted to be let go, so it was removed once his levels improved enough. Since yesterday afternoon he was made comfortable with pain meds and at a little before 5 pm today his tired body got to rest.

When I retired in December 2021, we had plans to see family and friends, visit places, enjoy fishing, hiking, going to our favorite park in Garrett County…. All of it is now gone. Just gone. And my beloved husband, instead of potentially spending the next few months or so with him before his body gave out due to his Leukemia, is now gone as well. His life cut short due to his injuries from a needless car accident that compounded his AML issues and ultimately caused his early death. We had secured a lawyer, but things will change I’m sure due to Tony’s death. The other insult was the other driver had State Auto insurance, which is the insurance you get when no one else will insure you, and then it is probably the minimum coverage allowed by State law. I definitely want the other driver to know that their actions ultimately caused my husband’s untimely death. It probably wouldn’t be feasible to sue because they probably don’t have anything anyway, so why bother.

I still have our little dog, Patti, to help keep up my attitude, as well as my family, several close friends, past co-workers, and my forum friends here. I am grateful for all the support I have received. The next few months will be difficult, but I will persevere and get over the rough patches – One Day at a Time.

Thank you all!

dragonmedley
                              Participant

Oh, Ela, I am so sorry! There are no words…
                                Life really hit you hard. All I can do is echo your words « one day at a time » and tell you that there’s always someone here for you on this forum.

Huge hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Mika
                                Participant

My deepest condolances Ela those are absolutely tragic circumstances to loose a loved one over. I’m super glad to read that you have a lot of people around you that you can lean on and turn to right now.

I really hope something can be done to stop that driver from potentially ruining more lives in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.