fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Tinks
    Participant

I just need to whine, perhaps I’ll feel better. I have been saving to buy a “new to me car”. I feel like everything that could go wrong is. Today, i got a random Facebook message from someone i went to high school with(i graduated in 2009). My boyfriend and i own a rental property. Small two unit rental. So, this message states that the person in one of the units is partaking in illegal behavior . Sadly, this information isn’t a surprise. I called my property manager who doesn’t seem to care. He thinks as long as they pay rent i shouldn’t care. WTF, I CARE!! So, now Monday i have to start the eviction process. I’m being told it’s going to take awhile since they are on section 8. They are breaking the lease terms by having other people live on the property while receiving government ascendance. Long story short the few thousand dollars i have saved now will have to go to remodeling the apartment. I’m debating about selling the house but it really is a great long term investment. I’m just sad it might be till the end of the year till i can buy a car.

Dragoneer_88
      Participant

I have to vent. The past two months I’ve been fighting an ear infection in both ears. I’ve been through multiple rounds of anitbiotics, steroids, and boxes of Claritin. Nothing is working. I’ve never had an ear infection before so this is quite frustrating and painful. The fluid in my ears causes constant popping noises, pressure, ringing noises, and pain. Of course I have to be careful about what meds I take because half the time I get some kind of weird side effect. The last thing I need is to wind up with some horrible and/or permanent problem caused by meds. Oh, and did I mention I lost my health insurance because I no longer have a job so a simple visit to the doctor plus the pills cost so much I had to sell all my Windstones to pay the bills and I’m still not cured. Even if I had health insurance I live in one of those states with really high premiums and deductibles. Plus, it looks like I’ll be going back to the doctor yet again. This will be the third doctor I’ve had to see and the fourth visit. Strangely enough, the docs said a quite a few people in my area are suffering with the same problem. They say it’s caused by severe allergies and they’re really really bad this year (I live in the south). Even my poor old dog has the same thing. She’s always had bad allergies. I’m typically not an allergy sufferer but I guess things change as you age.

Anyway, the last option for my ears is a minor sugery I can’t afford to put temporary tubes in my ears so the fluid will drain out. So word to the wise, if you suddenly get a ringing and/or popping in your ears not caused by loud noises or elevation pressure, see your doc asap. That’s how my problem started. Well, if you don’t have your health not much else matters. I thought this year would be better then the last. It’s worse then last year but I’m trying to stay positive and keep my hopes up things will eventually get better and I could find a job with health insurance and restart my collection, for the third time, someday.

Kim
        Blocked

Have you tried using hydrogen peroxide in your ears? It kills infections. You just tilt your head pour in some until you feel it’s full and it should bubble a lot if there’s a virus or bacteria in there. It helps dissolve excess wax too. You should leave it in at least a minute or two or until the bubbling slows down a bit and then drain it and wipe out the moisture with a tissue. Then do the other ear. You can do this every day and it should help. I do it sometimes once a week or once a month if my ears are bothering me or if I feel like I am getting a cold as it kills cold viruses as well. It has always worked for me.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
          Participant

I got lost today but I found myself again.
            I really did get lost in Jackson taking Amber to work in a new building(architecture/drafting)her job,and I zigged when I should have zagged.Ever get lost in a big city?Very stressful.I found my way back though.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
            Participant

I have a phobia of getting lost… I always Google Map and reGoogle Map of places I need to go if I don’t know them.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Dragoneer_88
              Participant

Not sure peroxide will work in this case because the fluid is behind the eeardrum and it has to drain out the same way it got in there via the sinus which are blocked up and I’m having a really hard time keeping them unblocked. I started using a non-medicated saline nasal spray and gargling warm sea salt water. Salt, without iodine, is a really good sterilizer. When I get cut I spray sterilized sea salt on the wound. Helps keep an infection from starting or kills one on minor wounds. Hoping salt will help with the sinus issue.

Bodine
                Participant

Hi Dragonmedley!!
                  I just got a new phone recently and I did not put Google Map on it yet.I do now, thanks for the reminder.I am the in between gen.of technology and I am not one that is real interested in phones so not at the top of my “important ” list to have it attached to me if you know what I mean.I simply pulled into a gas station and asked for directions.Sent me right off in the right direction.lol

etruscan
                  Participant

You guys are ahead of me – I pull out a map if I need to see how to get someplace.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

That’s what I used to do. Then Google Map happened, along with the street view! That way, I know the itinerary and what the place actually looks like 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
                      Participant

Etruscan…an art need not be forgotten.I asked a few young people recently if they could get around in a strange place with a road map and they were like…HUH?A what? LOL Road maps are disappearing all together.You used to see them in all gas stations,yes I still call them gas stations,but not so much anymore.Everyone should have a Road Atlas.I do but guess where it was….home.LOL

LuvsDragons
                        Participant

I need to whine. It’s been a tough week at work. I work sales and have not made my sales goal for 5 months so they are threatening to suspend me and then fire me if I don’t make it. STRESSFUL!!!
                          But this has nothing to do with that…..This is so first world problems but I decided to treat myself and buy some figurines that I love from a company out in the UK. So I do my wishlist shopping and put everything I wish I could get in my cart. Then I go through and wheedle it down. I ended up with about 6 figurines. I go to check out and see what international shipping would be and it is 3x what the actual order is! This didn’t seem right to me so I e-mailed customer service. They did get back to me within 24hours and told me the weights were wrong in the shipping program and that was why I got the inflated number. They would hurry and fix it so I could place my order. A week later (or maybe it was two?) I e-mail back asking if the issue has been fixed and that one of the items I was interested in had already sold out. No response so two days more I send a message through the site. Two days after that I got an e-mail saying this issue was fixed. Ok. Moving ahead. I place my order which came to 96 pounds (shipping was just as much as the order 😛 but I justified it) so about $120 USD. I await it’s arrival. Finally I get a note from my mail person that they tried to deliver and I was unavailable to sign so I can pick it up at the PO, OH and I owe $35 more in postage. WHAT!!!??? SIDE NOTE: the thing about this is my delivery person never came to my door to see if I was there. I was home all day that day. I again e-mail customer service and ask why there may be extra shipping. No response. The next day I go into the PO and whom-so-ever packed my order put 2 boxes together (there were 4 total) and plastic wrapped and taped them and then just copied the shipping label and taped it to the second parcel. WTF!!! I pay the fee since I doubt the company would deal with the post office anyway and open the packages to check for damage….and there are 2 of one figurine and I am missing another. I e-mail AGAIN with this new issue and have heard nothing. This was just yesterday but I would think I should get something back at least acknowledging that the e-mails were received. Wow. That was long. I’m just irritated. I waffled on making this order in the first place since it was nothing I absolutely needed and now I am seeing that maybe there was a reason for that trepidation. Makes me appreciate Windstone all the more since they are completely awesome with customer service and all they do. THANK YOU WINDSTONE!!!
                          And thank you for letting me whine. 🙂

Laurie
                          Participant

ok, I’m back kinda. and I want to whine.
                            Starting in November of last year my life has seemed to be on a downward spiral. I lost my good friend and neighbor on the 19th, due to complications to surgery. Then on Dec. 24th my Mother went into the hospital and was put on a ventilater, on the 27th we were able to wean her off and took her took hospice because they’d give her the meds to recuperate and not have panic attacks. She did great that day but the next morning had a bad breathing episode and she left us at 6.00. In feb. 15 days after my brothers 43rd birthday I lost him to heroin. And he was doing so well, new job, etc. gone. Had to borrow money from relatives to have him cremated and I felt like such a loser. 1 month ago, I lost my donkey to old age, and then my quaker parrot died.
                            My job is frustrating, and my hubby hasn’t had much work lately so I’m so far behind in bills it isn’t funny.
                            There are bare wires leading into my house from the power pole, causing serious power surges thru my trailer and getting the electric company here to fix it, before my house burns down is like pulling teeth. Phew, I’m finished now. WHINE

Kim
                            Blocked

Wow, sorry to hear you went through all that Laurie and lost everyone you cared about so close together. That is tough! My friend Brian also lost a couple relatives within a couple months before Christmas. Hopefully things get better and just appreciate everyone you still have and love now.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                              Participant

Dang Laurie,tough six months.I hope things turn around for you very soon.I hate years like that.I have had them myself so I can tell you,all things must pass and they do.Hang in there.

Natasha
                                Participant

I’m sorry to hear of all your losses, Laurie. That’s so rough. I hope things start looking up for you.

I’m also here to whine! My husband has a cellulitis infection in his leg again. He had a bad one last month, and we thought he had beaten it, but it popped back up two days ago. We got him on antibiotics quickly, so hopefully it actually goes away this time, but it is so stressful. He has to get infusions ever 7 weeks to deal with his underlying disease, ulcerative colitis, and the drugs work for that. But they also weaken his immune system and make him more likely to get other infections. We really have to get this under control, as they won’t give you the drug for colitis if you have an active infection, but if you don’t keep to a strict schedule you can develop antibodies to it and he really needs to stay on that drug. On the upside, he has just under 5 weeks til his next infusion, so we do have a good amount of time. He’s on antibiotics, as well as various natural remedies that I research and hope will help. It is so stressful when someone you love so much has to do this health balancing act! It’s wearing me out, but there’s nothing else to do but keep an eye on it and try not to panic.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                  Mother: Okapi
                                  Gothic - Mahogany
                                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.