fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I am sorry for your loss, StormDancer. Sounds just like it was for Teddi and her husband (and the rest of her family), except they are/were a couple years younger with preexisting conditions. And that the vaccine is supposedly some kind of distilled evil in a vial. The niece was a healthy early 30s, but oh no not enough to learn. I could see the heartbreak killing David, he’s just out of the hospital and they’d been together all their adult lives. So sad when it could possibly have been prevented.

I hope your family takes the message. My sister is the holdout in my family, no teaching her.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Pip and StormDancer – sorry to hear of your losses, and so needless ones at that.

Thanksgiving was looking good this afternoon. My husband and I went to my sister’s this afternoon for dinner – we brought homemade cookies and rolls as our part. My Mom was also supposed to be there but my Sis said she called earlier and wasn’t feeling well so she wasn’t coming. Part way through cooking dinner we got a call from my Mom – she was doing worse and was in a lot of pain. She called to let my sister know she had called 911 – so my sister left and I finished cooking dinner. My husband, brother-in-law and two nieces had a nice dinner – still waiting to hear from my sister. Finally heard she was getting a CT scan. We went home around 6pm to feed our dog Patti. Heard a 90 min. later that CT showed a bowel blockage and my sister was waiting to hear the plan from the doctor and surgeon. A little over an hour ago, she called and told us the blockage was potentially gangrenous so they are doing another CT scan to see the extent, which will determine if it can be dealt with after a few days or if she needs emergency surgery tonight – that would be very high risk for her. My Mom is 86. She has bad heart issues and takes Plavix – which you don’t want if you have emergency surgery because you can bleed to death. We are waiting now for my sister to call back with news.

My Mom has had health issues with her heart, bladder, bowels and legs throughout this year. My husband had a heart issue come up in September and we found he had a blood issue as well that we are now dealing with. Last year we lost our hunting property in Sept. and earlier this year we sold our Jon-boat because crabbing has been so crappy due to over-fishing that it isn’t worth going out anymore. The only bright light is that I am retiring at the end of next week BUT it won’t be worth a hill of beans if something happens to my mom. At the middle of 2020 I was so looking forward to retiring on 12/3/21 and being able to go hunting with my husband as much as we wanted, go crabbing during the middle of the week when most people were not fishing, helping my Mom more and spending time with her to go out to lunch, shopping, help her with her dolls…. it seems that this year little by little all my retirement dreams are starting to slip away. I f***ing hope that I don’t have to say goodbye to Mom before or immediately after I retire.

Please wish us good luck.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
        Participant

Oh man Ela_Hara, what a rough year for you. Sending positive energy for a good outcome and for the upcoming year to be much better for you!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

GardenNinja
          Participant

I’m sorry for all the problems, Ela_Hara. I hope your mom recovers completely, soon.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
            Participant

Pipsxlch and StormDancer, I’m so sorry for your losses. I don’t understand why so many places are pushing the notion that COVID is a hoax.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

pipsxlch
              Participant

Oh Donna, I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs and prayers that your mom is okay, her bowel gets over its fit or at least gives them time to get the thinner out of her system and without going gangrenous, and that some of your retirement dreams can come true.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for my Mom.
                  We spoke with her yesterday evening and she sounded better and was in good spirits and we heard today that she is doing even better. Tests did show that she does have a partial blockage, but it doesn’t seem to be gangrenous and the doctors are having her eat some to see if it will go away on it’s own. Hopefully it will. They will be watching her very closely for the next few days. She still may need a surgery, but not having an emergency surgery is the BEST news!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Mom’s doing much better and the partial blockage has broken up – she’s coming home tomorrow! Yay! The doctors did say that this may happen again however – they think the blockage was caused by some scar tissue. But for now, she’s doing well. ^_^

etruscan
                    Participant

Yay – that’s great news!

pipsxlch
                      Participant

What wonderful news- I am so glad for you and she!

fatalbeauty
                        Participant

well I was supposed to receive 5 pieces of mail on Wednesday, some were cards from family and also my bank statement was in there…..I went out that day at 4pm, mail wasn’t there yet and since I didn’t have a package that day, I didn’t have a clue how late they would show up so I decided it should be there when I check the next day…..next day, little food poisoning or something kept me down so didn’t go down again but there was supposed to be one new thing in the mail that day…..

today, I had a package so I made sure to go down there when it said delivered so no mistaken put in another person’s box would happen…so the guy and a trainee were down there, they said mail was done on my side of the boxes so I go in, key for package was in there and the one only piece of mail that was supposed to come yesterday….I asked them about it, they said let’s check the package box, sometimes they put in there if you don’t pick up in a couple of days….and of course there’s nothing! mail guy tells me it could take up to 72 hours so I’m thinking no, never happened but I take my stuff upstairs…I get on informed delivery, mark the missing ones as not received then call up USPS, finally got a lady, told her all about it and I will get a callback once they look into it….I also checked with my apartment’s office, no wrong mail turned in….so now I’m worried, my bank statement of course had to be in there that day with all my bank info so that’s not good……

4 things I'm looking for:
                          1. Mother Meerkat
                          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

You might not want to worry too much yet – at the end of the Summer we had a similar issue with our mail delivery. I found out that our Post Office was having staffing problems and mail was getting backed up. The situation did get better but it did take about a month to straighten out.

This is what was happening with our us – since the Post Office was short staffed the mail was only being delivered once every two or three days, even when my ‘Informed Delivery’ emails showed that I had mail pieces that were supposed to deliver each of the missed days. One week my mail which was supposed to deliver on Tuesday, wasn’t delivered until Saturday, and Wednesday’s mail didn’t show up until the following Monday, etc. It was horrible! I had bills to mail, and I’d leave them in our mailbox, and they wouldn’t be picked up because the mailman didn’t come that day or worse – the problem was during that month we didn’t know which day the mailman would deliver or pick up outgoing mail. It got to the point that I took my outgoing bills and mail in-person to a closer Post Office so I would be sure they were actually mailed. I live on the cusp of two towns and the other town’s Post Office is actually closer to my house and easier to get to. Also – if the mailman was delivering mail and our house number didn’t have any incoming mail, the mailman wouldn’t stop by our mailbox to get our outgoing mail even if our flag was up. It was driving me crazy! So now if I have an important bill or item to mail, I take it to the closer Post Office and leave it with them in-person so I KNOW it is in the system.

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

Ela_Hara: hopefully it works out but the mail man does come everyday usually so not sure why the whole days mail didn’t come….I went out at 4pm on Wednesday, and nothing was there, not yesterday due to ick stomach annnnnd today the guy was here at 1pmish since I got the package delivered email so they’re all wonky on when they get here lately…..I miss my old mail lady who retired, she was always quick, done by like 1pm and never messed anything up….now, it’s just one older man most of the time then random people on other days….I’m just hoping that it shows up soon, the missing bank statement is the most worrisome but I’m pretty sure the family cards may have contained a check or two and or giftcards so that’s no fun either since I will eventually have to tell the senders that their cards never came……

1. Mother Meerkat
                              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

more USPS whining….

so I’m expecting a package, only 7 pounds, not expensive nor is there a need for a signature that I know of….go to check the tracking since it’s supposed to come today and it says this “Available for Pickup” but when I look further in the tracking it says that it got to my local post office then a minute later was given this status…..WTF? I have my local post office’s number so I tried that multiple ways and multiple tries since one option gives an error than the other sends you to a rings then eventually hangs up on you number…..I tried the USPS customer service line but they can’t really tell me why either, there’s nothing they can see that would cause this to happen….so now later I get to go to the post office for no valid reason with Omicron all over, oh joy! not!

so I went to the post office, it turns out he underpaid in shipping, he actually was supposed to pay $94.49, he paid $11.69 since he just printed a label and dropped it off…I had to pay $77.61 just to get it! I messaged him on ebay to give him the chance to fix it, if he doesn’t, Ebay will be getting a case filed on it……

1. Mother Meerkat

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

OMG! What the H-E-double toothpicks cost $94.49 to ship? And when you make up a Click n Ship online label you need to enter the package weight. In what world does 7lbs. cost ONLY $11.69? How could the USPS online system even populate that correctly? The seller must have entered it incorrectly on purpose – THAT could not have been a mistake in my opinion. He probably didn’t want to have eBay’s cut taken out of the shipping costs (or PayPal) since they look at the total money received for a sale including shipping costs. I hope eBay flags him – he’s basically also trying to weasel out of eBay/PayPal fees!

Talking about PayPal, I just heard/read this for USA sellers …’Rosen Reports’ on WBAL-TV here in Maryland mentions this for users selling stuff online.

“This year’s tax season comes with a new change for payment apps such as Venmo, PayPal, Zelle or Square.
                                  Those apps will have to start reporting business transactions if they’re $600 or more per year. If you have a side hustle like selling goods or services on Etsy — this means you.

Before this change to the tax code was signed into law, mobile payment apps only had to tell the IRS when a person had over 200 commercial transactions that exceeded $20,000 in total value, per year. Now, if someone receives a business payment for $600 or more, the payment app must file a Form 1099-K to report the commercial income that was collected on the app.

Remember, this doesn’t apply to other payments, like sending your roommate rent money or splitting the tab at dinner. Those personal transactions will not be taxed.

Financial experts say if you do own a business and collect payments through these apps, check the Q&A pages on their websites. They post about how they’re dealing with the new tax change and everything you need to know. You can also visit this FAQ page on the IRS website.”

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.