fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

A job that I’m really interested in hasn’t contacted me or the talent agency back after my in-person interview a week ago. I’m fine if the delay has been due to the holiday weekend, but otherwise I’m so tired of going through the effort of applying and interviewing just to end up getting ghosted by the company in the end. (I know why companies tend to ghost – people can have really nasty reactions to “no”)

Setsunawolf
      Participant

It’s still rude. If you don’t want to hire someone let them know so they don’t hold out for a job they aren’t getting.
        Sorry for the stress. *hugs*

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Melody
        Keymaster

A job that I’m really interested in hasn’t contacted me or the talent agency back after my in-person interview a week ago. I’m fine if the delay has been due to the holiday weekend, but otherwise I’m so tired of going through the effort of applying and interviewing just to end up getting ghosted by the company in the end. (I know why companies tend to ghost – people can have really nasty reactions to “no”)

Call them! Or send them a nice card.

Mika
          Participant

Call them! Or send them a nice card.

I actually was contacted by the talent agency a little earlier today. Didn’t get the job, nor did they give me any feedback about why I didn’t get it. Still stuck searching for the time being *sigh*

Kim
            Blocked

My mom was admitted to the hospital a couple days ago and will maybe be there for a few days to see if she if she improves and then see what to do next. I’ve been really worried the last few days about if she is going to get better or not. For the past year or so her health had been going downhill. It started with a fall on ice a year and a half ago where she injured her leg and had trouble walking after. I had to buy her a cane and then a walker the last few months. We also moved over a year ago to a bilevel house (where she has everything on the main level) from a two storey but there are still a few stairs here she was having trouble with getting down to go outside.

She was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure a year or so ago and I think the diabetes has really taken a toll since then. Her injury turned more into neuropathy in her legs where she was getting pain all the time and having trouble walking and her right leg recently started dragging a bit. She also had all her teeth out and got dentures a few months ago but they weren’t fitted right and were uncomfortable for her to try and eat with and she gave up on using them and just would eat mostly soft foods or stuff I blended for her like smoothies and soups. She lost about 70 pounds in the last year from like 180 pounds to 110 which she thought was good and would help her diabetes as she was also eating healthier because I was cooking for her but she wasn’t eating as much because of not having teeth. She wouldn’t take her diabetes medication for months either because she was afraid of the side effects. I got her to start taking it again a couple weeks ago and it made her throw up her food and have the runs and then she was getting nose bleeds and coughing up blood clots and not eating for a couple days starting last weekend. She also was losing bladder control and wasn’t able to get out of bed to go to the bathroom for a couple days and I was getting really worried so I called a nurse on Tues and they told me to get her into the hospital.

We had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for Thurs but I tried to get her out of bed Tues and she was so weak she couldn’t get up even with my help so I had to call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. Her blood sugar and blood pressure was high. They had to give her a catheter in the bladder and an enema which helped as her tummy was bloated. They ran a bunch of blood tests and got her a couple scans and x-rays and luckily nothing else was showing up but she was dehydrated and they had to get her on an IV with fluids and then the last couple days she was mostly resting but they were trying to get her to eat more too. She also started acting confused a couple days before going to the hospital and saying some things that didn’t make sense. I’ve been visiting her in the hospital the last couple days and we could converse but she was confused about the day and time and being in the hospital and wanted to come home and be with her cats who sleep on her bed. She said she missed me and the cats and I felt bad. They don’t know if the confusion is temporary or if it could be the start of something else as my grandma had Alzheimer’s but she didn’t get it til she was maybe 75 and my mom is only 70. She is still really weak and hasn’t been able to get out of bed and they have to keep trying to get her to eat. She also said she was depressed, not sure if it started before or after she went in the hospital but it made me feel really sad.

I have been having a really hard time with knowing what is best for her and trying to get her the help she needs and I’ve been really worried about her and hoping she gets better but they are preparing that if she is released that she will need home care or have to go to a senior’s home where they can care for her more than I can. We were also supposed to move by the end of Aug but it’s hard to find another rental without stairs for my mom so I’m not sure if we will be able to move to another rental where my mom can have someone come in to help her or if she will have to go to a senior’s home and I will have to move to a smaller place or share with roommates. It’s been really stressful and I hope my mom can gain strength and get better to be released from the hospital.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

GardenNinja
              Participant

I’m sorry your mom is having these problems, Kim. I hope she recovers okay. I think having to move to a senior home just in itself causes decline. Or maybe my mom was just declining that fast anyway when I had to put her in a nursing home.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
                Participant

Dang Kim,so sorry to hear this.That is a lot to handle.Be strong and wish y’all all the best.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

Kim-
                    *hugs* You said she has diabetes and high blood pressure. If it is out of control it could cause the majority of symptoms you are describing. My aunt has both of those things as well her degenerative brain condition. We had a scare a few months ago where we thought we were going to have to send her to a facility. After a week or so in the hospital they got both her blood sugar and blood pressure back under control and what we though were symptoms of her brain deterioration resolved themselves and she was able to come home. Hopefully, your mom just needs her meds adjusted and her levels to balance out and things will improve. Have they looked for sciatica in the leg? My aunt also has that issue and it’s the pinched sciatic nerve.
                    Keep us posted.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
                    Participant

Hugs Kim, I do hope your mom improves and is able to come home. Dehydration can also cause confusion, and I’m sure all that is going on is scary and depressing for her.

VS
                      Participant

Even just the out of control blood sugar could cause the mental status changes (too high or too low can lead to confusion). And dehydration can do it. So can not eating enough or missing certain vitamins and minerals. And very high blood pressure isn’t helpful for it tho less likely. Your mom has a lot going on. I’d suggest asking around for a very highly rated neurologist to assess her and see what might help. Is it just blood chemistry and a pinched nerve in her back or something with the brain? A good one can figure this out, but make sure its a good neuro and not just whoever the hospital refers (because those are not always good). She’s weak so meanwhile I’d recommend trying to get the hospital to put her into inpatient rehab. If nothing else they can build her up to better (and safer) mobility, figure out nutrition and meds, and help you figure out the best options for where/how she can live safely after. Again, do some research before choosing such a place, you want a good one!

I’m sorry you guys have so much going on. Hopefully her health can get sorted out so you guys can resume some stability again!

VS
                        Participant

Sometimes inpatient rehab is called subacute rehab or subacute care. It might be a nursing home as well as rehab, or just specifically do rehab and nothing else, but either is helpful to your situation. Just wanted to clarify that. If the hospital says yes to the idea, ask for a list of optional places, ask them where they would send their mom (ask the same of every hospital staff member you can, especially nurses, so you get lots of opinions–they can’t tell you unless you ask that way!), then research the places for reviews and if you can even visit them before she gets transferred.

Subacute therapy was my expertise. 😉

Kim
                          Blocked

Thanks everyone. We are in Canada so things might work a little different here with what they call things. I’ve been visiting my mom each day and she didn’t seem as confused today when we were talking but she was tired when I was visiting and wanted to rest after a while. They said she was eating better and they got her blood sugar and blood pressure down. I saw the menu of food they were giving her and it didn’t look too bad but there were still some things on there I’m not sure diabetics should have. They gave her an ice cream and pudding a couple times. I don’t know what’s going on with the leg weakness and dragging but I don’t think it’s siatica. After her injury she got x-rays and ultrasounds and they said she had tendinosis in the legs and arthritis in the hips. But I think she has nerve damage from the high blood sugar as well. She hasn’t been able to get out of bed, just sit up to eat. I gave her her phone to use with wifi if she wanted to message me from the hospital but she hasn’t used it since she went in the hospital. She just told the nurses she wanted to see me. They didn’t call me but I’ve just been going in each day. They said she might be there a few days or longer. I don’t know. They did bring a physiotherapist in to work with her a couple times which is good. I might bring a cat or dog in to visit if they allow it in the next couple days too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

If it’s sugar free ice cream or pudding she would be able to have it with diabetes. I’m glad to hear she’s a little clearer in the mind. If it’s blood sugar related it should continue to improve. You might have them look into physical therapy/rehab for her. There are exercises you can do at home with her as well to help build some strength back up.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

minor whine, broke my ankle last year on the second day of the year….well it healed up fine but it still likes to act up by hurting me just enough that I have to put the soft brace back on…..today is not one of the good days, owch!

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

sherry10151982
                                Participant

Kim I’m so sorry to hear about your mom! Big hugs and good thoughts and prayers to you y’all!

My dad also has diabetes and has trouble with balance and dragging his feet so he’s a fall risk. It sounds like rehab will be the best thing and I hope they can get it for her.

I know it must be hard for you all alone; you’re a good daughter Kim just remember that!😊

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.