fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    sherry10151982
    Participant

Fatalbeauty I’m sorry to hear about your ankle!! I have the same problem because I also broke mine. It always acts up when the weather changes. Hope you start to feel better!😊

fatalbeauty
      Participant

Fatalbeauty I’m sorry to hear about your ankle!! I have the same problem because I also broke mine. It always acts up when the weather changes. Hope you start to feel better!😊

feeling better today, I kept the soft brace on until bedtime and it’s doing okay today….just sucks when the pain strikes so randomly….

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

sherry10151982
        Participant

feeling better today, I kept the soft brace on until bedtime and it’s doing okay today….just sucks when the pain strikes so randomly….

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly! It really puts a damper on things when all of a sudden your pain comes back out of the blue. Glad you’re feeling a little better!

fatalbeauty
          Participant

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly! It really puts a damper on things when all of a sudden your pain comes back out of the blue. Glad you’re feeling a little better!

fortunately the soft brace seems to help a lot so my pain is mostly gone now….out of curiosity, how long ago did you break your’s if you don’t mind my asking?

1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

VS
            Participant

Mom fell Sunday and bruised herself so bad she can’t walk (at least no fractures tho!). Been crazy coordinating her care the past couple days. Now I cut my hand scraping the paint in the spare bedroom (it’s water damaged so all the paint is coming off, and my putty knife seemed dull until now) and just got home after a few stitches and a tetanus shot. I was told not to close my hand (it cut my palm, not wide but a bit deep) for a couple days (or get the stitches wet).

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

Good thing I can type one handed, its not my primary hand, and mom’s ok (still feeling blessed nothing’s broken in her case!) and she’s set up for the next few days so I needn’t drive yet. Barring any other emergency!

fatalbeauty
              Participant

VS: hope you and your mother feel better soon…

1. Mother Meerkat

sherry10151982
                Participant

fortunately the soft brace seems to help a lot so my pain is mostly gone now….out of curiosity, how long ago did you break your’s if you don’t mind my asking?

It was about 12 years ago the first time, and the second time was about 5 years ago 😭😭!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Well… I knew this was coming. As of August 1st and going forward for at least the next 3 months all of our sales goals at Lowe’s have been DOUBLED to qualify for bonuses. A decision I am sure is influenced by the absolutely insane profit margins we have been pulling in from being an essential business during the pandemic and people being stuck at home and focusing on home improvements since they have so much free time… Well… the money was fun while it lasted.

We barely ever bonus, the structure makes it near impossible to… unless you are high in the chain. You really need to achieve over and beyond in many areas, but the focus is mostly sales dollars and growth over the previous year. Well… needless to say the last few months since Covid forced nearly all business to close we have been CRUSHING it and the money has been the only good thing about that. Yea… the only good thing.

I’m pretty sure despite the crazy money Lowe’s is making they were tired of sharing that with the employees. So that was not fun to just find out about. They made us all sign a contract and everything… seems like a shady way to deny us our bonuses until things get back to normal if you ask me.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I wish they would give Corporate upper management their ‘Golden Parachutes’ while pushing them out of a plane at 10,000 feet. Gold is heavier than parachute silk and shouldn’t break any fall.

I really despise how Corporate higher-ups take so much away from their workers who really are the ones that make the company run…. Ideas are great, but they don’t go anywhere without those that make the ideas happen and do the day-to-day necessary work.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

It was about 12 years ago the first time, and the second time was about 5 years ago 😭😭!

so I’m doomed with the pain forever? eep! sorry to hear you’ve broken an ankle twice, was it the same one both times?

1. Mother Meerkat

VS
                        Participant

Unfortunately arthritis can set in anywhere you were previously injured or had surgery. And it often acts up with weather. I’m sorry you guys have that kinda stuff going on with your ankles! I heard tumeric helps with that as do some other supplimental or herbal things, if you want to try (I use tumeric for joint aches a lot since I sprain things all the time, really does help). I hope you guys feel better tho!

And thanks for the well wishes, mom needs them more than me (I’m a tough PT and was voted the go-to person in case of a zombie apocalypse, lol, but she’s more delicate).

That sucks, dragonfeathers. You’d think they’d share some of the increased profit more since you guys brought it in and at significant personal risk! Hazard pay would be nice for you guys too! 😕

sherry10151982
                          Participant

Fatalbeauty it was the same ankle!!! The first time I was really stupid and got drunk as a skunk and went to take a step down the stairs and down went my ankle with all my drunken weight on top of it! The second time I was wearing flip flops that really didn’t fit well and I took a step down on some stairs and my foot got caught up in it and my ankle went the other way. You’d think I would stay away from stairs huh?

fatalbeauty
                            Participant

Fatalbeauty it was the same ankle!!! The first time I was really stupid and got drunk as a skunk and went to take a step down the stairs and down went my ankle with all my drunken weight on top of it! The second time I was wearing flip flops that really didn’t fit well and I took a step down on some stairs and my foot got caught up in it and my ankle went the other way. You’d think I would stay away from stairs huh?

yes! no more stairs for you!

1. Mother Meerkat

VS
                              Participant

Lol, I’d suggest no more flipflops!

merrillannwhite
                                Participant

Stairs and flip flops are a bad combination. Stairs, flip flops and cats are a worse combination. Everybody feel better soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.