fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    fatalbeauty
    Participant

*receives healing vibes then sends some back to VS and family* you need some of these too!

4 things I'm looking for:
      1. Mother Meerkat
      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

sherry10151982
      Participant

Oh no!! Everyone is having such a bad and terrible go of it! Prayers and healing thoughts go out to all y’all!!

My wine is my right calf muscle…hurts like the dickens. I have no clue what happened because I didn’t have a cramp or fall or twist. Ugh! It really hurts so bad that I can’t barley walk on it. I told myself I would change my shoes and give it a week before getting any medical attention so we shall see!

pipsxlch
        Participant

Thoughts and prayers for VS’ family and all others!

Sherry, please don’t fool around re: the calf cramps! Blood clots can do that. Those can really be no fun.

VS
          Participant

Thanks for the good vibes! I’m just trying to pass more to all of you, since you guys have more serious stuff. Ours will pass (haha, bad pun, good thing my brother doesn’t collect dragons). I’m hyper mobile and a PT so I’ve been fixing myself my whole life, plus my mom since her stroke. And my brother takes decent care of himself so he knows to start hunting solutions for his issue doesn’t return. We’ll be ok in time.

I agree with pip tho, if it’s that bad better to get it confirmed as to what’s causing it if only for peace of mind. The best way to resolve and prevent a problem’s return is by knowing what it is first!

*sends mental hugs to all around*

sherry10151982
            Participant

Thanks for the heads up!! I’ll definitely give it a look at with my primary care physician!

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Well… here is my whine for the day… So it’s my niece’s 8th birthday. Everyone in the family got invited to her party today which started about ohhhh…. 2 and a half hours ago. Everyone except me that is. My brother’s wife got into a Facebook argument about government regulations involving COVID about a month ago that turned into an unfriend and block event. It was over something totally stupid as well… Something that could have been an agree to disagree conversation, but instead my sister in law cursed my boyfriend of 15 years out because they had a difference in opinion about how the governor was handling reopening the state. (he wanted it reopened and she disagreed basically) I think I may have even mentioned it in this thread earlier when it initially happened. My brother nor my sister in law have said a word to me since the event (mind you… IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME! I wasn’t even home when this blow out happened) I actually apologized on behalf of my boyfriend via text and Facebook but never got a response. He apologized for upsetting her but she blocked him and apparently since she can’t see the apology it doesn’t exist (In all honesty, it was my sister in law who was out of control and even my other brother and sister agree, but I was trying to just be the bigger person and smooth things over because legit, this is family. You don’t act like this when it involves family. She also just had lost her dad to COVID so I knew she was going through an emotional rollercoaster which is probably why she acted the way she did) Anyway… my brother and my sister, mother and step father are all over there at my other brother’s house with my niece and her friends having a barbeque. I had to give my gift to my sister to bring to my niece since I wasn’t invited. How childish can you be? So now my niece can’t see her aunt because over a petty Facebook argument between her mother and my boyfriend? My brother has said nothing since he threatened my boyfriends life over the post because it upset his wife so much… really? My brother literally told my boyfriend he was going to skit his throat like a pig… how is that okay and how are we the bad people in this situation?

I kind of can’t stand it right now. I want to say something, but I also don’t’ want to cause drama on my niece’s birthday. Why do people have to act like such children right now? I feel the pandemic coupled with all the protests and violence is just bringing out the worst in so many people. I’m so incredibly hurt my brother can’t even reach out to me after how he acted. I’m just sitting here stewing and trying to keep occupied since I’m just home by myself while everyone else is at the birthday party.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Unfortunately you can’t pick your family or in-laws like you can choose your friends.
                  Sending the present by your sister was nice, however I think I would have mailed it directly to your niece with a nice card and an apology to her that you could not make it in person because you were not told about her party in time to be able to make it. Nothing against your sister, but anyone could say anything about you and ‘your reason’ for not being at your niece’s birthday.

Better yet – call your niece right now an wish her a very happy birthday and apologize for not being able to come over and the hope she liked your present.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

KingBeast
                  Participant

I doodle dragon designs in my free time as a hobby, and often use them on my RP forums as characters ( sketches like this ) . However now people are thinking they can just…instantly assume that they get free pick of my designs rather than wait and see if I’m actually going to offer them for people to keep. The insinuation that they just want to take my hard earned work + have no blatant desire to preform any sort of reciprocation is really, really, really getting on my nerves and I’m feeling taken advantage of.

Not to mention is there barely a thank you, much less a ‘please’ ever given.

No more free art / designs for people. If you want them, you can pay for them :/

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                    Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                    Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

VS
                    Participant

Wow, dragonfeathers, that family drama mess sounds awful! Sending what good vibes I can your way.

And Kingbeast, that’s sad. Your art is amazing! Only fair if people have to pay for it.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Unfortunately you can’t pick your family or in-laws like you can choose your friends.
                        Sending the present by your sister was nice, however I think I would have mailed it directly to your niece with a nice card and an apology to her that you could not make it in person because you were not told about her party in time to be able to make it. Nothing against your sister, but anyone could say anything about you and ‘your reason’ for not being at your niece’s birthday.

Better yet – call your niece right now an wish her a very happy birthday and apologize for not being able to come over and the hope she liked your present.

Once my sister got to the party I facetimed with my niece to wish her a happy birthday so I did get to talk to her for a few minutes that way and apologize for not being able to come in person. I said it was because of work and because I since I cant stay away from the sick people with corona I couldn’t come and chance making her sick. (her mother has been all about the social distancing anyway so she knows what is going on as far as Covid goes even though she’s only 8) If I gave her any other excuse that would be misread by my sister in law I’m sure it would have been held against me. I don’t want her to think I’m trying to talk badly about her to my niece.

I’m honestly afraid if I mailed the presents my sister in law would not have given it to her and instead said Auntie Mandy didn’t get you anything. At least with my sister doing it I know she got them.

I guess my sister herself didn’t stay long. My sister in law wouldn’t let anyone within 6 feet of my niece so there wasn’t much to do after dropping off the gifts. She disinfected the presents before giving them to her and made her play on the other side of the yard away from everyone apparently. My sister wasn’t even allowed to give her a hug and she’s been out of work and home 99% of the time for the past 3 months so no reason not to let her… My sister is more of a shut in than I am! I feel like she is trying to shut out our entire side of the family at this point.

In any case… I guess I didn’t miss much. Still sad though. I haven’t laid eyes on her in person since March or April now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I doodle dragon designs in my free time as a hobby, and often use them on my RP forums as characters ( sketches like this ) . However now people are thinking they can just…instantly assume that they get free pick of my designs rather than wait and see if I’m actually going to offer them for people to keep. The insinuation that they just want to take my hard earned work + have no blatant desire to preform any sort of reciprocation is really, really, really getting on my nerves and I’m feeling taken advantage of.

Not to mention is there barely a thank you, much less a ‘please’ ever given.

No more free art / designs for people. If you want them, you can pay for them :/

This is a reason why I stopped posting to my DA and things of that nature. I myself don’t do art professionally, but even so there was no shortage of sob stories asking for free handouts. Between art and cosplay and fursuits I’ve heard them all. The only thing I’m not versed in is digital art basically, I’d done sculpting, painting, traditional media drawing, costuming etc… I dabble in many things but consider myself to be an expert level in none of them.

“You mean I have to pay for it?”
                          “If this is your hobby then why can’t you just do it for free?”
                          “But it’s my birthday!”
                          “Well, I work for a charity.”
                          “You expect me to pay you for something like that?”
                          “Okay I’ll pay for it when it’s done” (then you do it and they don’t pay)
                          “I’m really sick right now and this is my dying wish”
                          “Why can’t you just do it for me for free as a courtesy since I’m a 1st time customer?”
                          “I’ll share it and you’ll get exposure! It’s like free advertising… you should actually be paying me! LOL!”

No… just no. I drew the line when people starting ripping off my work from DA and calling it their own. I’m not the best artist in the world by any means, but confronting someone who copied your work and tells you “You should be flattered, I liked it so much I wanted to make it mine” Nope. I got so aggravated I didn’t even want to share anything anymore. So I feel your pain KingBeast. I’m sure it’s even far more blood boiling when your art is your actual livelihood.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

windstonefan
                          Participant

I hope things are going better for all of you now. Happy belated 4th everyone.

windstonefan

sherry10151982
                            Participant

LOL!! “It’s my dying wish!” I thought I heard it all Drag0n!

I’m really sorry to hear about your family. It’s a shame that you weren’t able to see your niece and that your sister-in-law seems to be using her as a weapon against you.

I am glad that you were able to at least FaceTime with her but it just isn’t the same. There’s really not much you can do with what you’ve already done unfortunately…it’s up to your sister-in-law now to be the bigger person and accept that you you had no part in this argument. And that’s my hope that she comes to that acceptance.

KingBeast:
                              That really sucks that your intellectual property is being taken. No one should have to worry about their hard work being pilfered by some low life SOB that wants to claim it as their own. And there should be stricter penalties for those who steal and easier remedies to protect your work. So sorry that this has happened.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

Half way tempted to deep dive my old DA messages just so I can screenshot the person who told me they were dying of cancer and their one wish was to cosplay in a fursuit I would make for them, but unfortunately due to all of their treatments they can’t afford to pay for it and will I make on for them for free, and they also needed it within like 2 weeks for a convention so they would need it right away… Mind you the materials along for what they wanted were over $400 alone… *deep exhale* A very casual search on the internet revealed they were not suffering from cancer or any sickness of any kind and were simply a scammer trying to get free cosplays. She already had several complaints against her on a LiveJournal community. (LOL, remember LiveJournal!?) So yea… I know Alison Weir (Susie’s son’s wife) gets the same issues a lot as well because she does fursuits now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin

windstonefan
                                Participant

Wow,dragOnfeathers and KingBeast I never thought I would be grateful for having no artistic talents but now I am. An yes I can believe ppl are scammers that want everything for nothing. Seem like if you are a nice person people take advantage of you. You dragOn I know for a fact are a nice honest person which is a good trait in my book but people always think nice people are pushovers. They are not. Mostly because the had to learn the hard way but after a few times, you know how it works. An you and I know there will always be scammers trying to cheat you out of your hard earned work. Is the way of the world we live in we just have to un-burry the truth. At my age that is just way to much trouble for me. Wish you all well in going though the clutter to find the truth.

windstonefan

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.