WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

With all due respect Jennifer,I was in the same room when that member bragged about busting MY dragon up.
      I was in the same room when that member slung lies about my husband/personal life.
      You removed the post but they were seen,copied and spread around what about my reputation here of 12yrs.With all due respect.

Yes, those posts that I removed absolutely broke the rules and I removed them. I too have screen shots. I am not quite sure what I could have done differently other than time travel back and prevent them from being posted. I cannot control the actions of others, but can indeed remove the comments that clearly were not acceptable. Yours were borderline, so instead of removing them, I shared a general reminder about our forum and how we have always tried to handle this; I try really hard to moderate with a “light touch”. There are some that have complained that I should moderate more heavily, and others that complain when I moderate anything at all. There is not a situation that pleases everyone and it is a tough thing to try to be as unbiased as possible. Normally I would send a private message with this comment, but I want to be transparent right now with everyone about how I moderate. I have been part of this community since we were just an informal Livejournal group in 2006 and I always try my very best to be fair. I appreciate and respect this community and its members very much… it is not hyperbole when I say this is the best long-term collectibles community I’ve been part of.

These days I do not always check the forum every day or even every week unless someone lets me know that there is a problem, as life has changed for me over the years and I only do this as a volunteer now (I started out as a contracted employee but that hasn’t been the case in many years). I do apologize that I don’t always catch everything. I am not trying to single anyone out at all but remind everyone to please use care when airing grievances. If you have concerns or anything, please feel free to email me. As far as the very specific situation that warranted this bit of moderation, however, concerns should be discussed with John Alberti as I handed it off to him some days ago.

Again, and this message is to everyone: if you need to discuss this you can send me a message. We now return to our regular “Whine is Served”…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

windstonefan
      Participant

I would whine about something like all my pain but there really is nothing accomplished doing that. It is what it is. How about everyone else? Anyone got a whine-y but happy story to share?

windstonefan

VS
        Participant

I’m no longer quite killing plants? I’ve a black thumb. Good weather means the plants can now go outside on my balcony, where they seem happier if I ignore them until cold weather makes me bring them back in. That’s a happy whine. 😉

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I LOVE having the Sunshine and longer days of Summer ahead, but that means that the heat and humidity will be coming back too! Ugggg!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pdlucich
            Participant

It has been a long cold spring and I am DESPERATE for some sun and heat. On the upside, the carpenter ants are out a whole month later than usual, so yay?

It's not hoarding if it's books!
              Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Suzanne-Marie
              Participant

So sorry that happened to you Bodine.

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

Small whine. Very difficult week at work, was very much trying for the Winter Ash Empress. Couldn’t type in my bid fast enough and I missed her by $5. Blahhhhhh

Finding happiness again.

Natasha
                  Participant

Hugs, everybody. It’s a hard time. I am thinking good thoughts for all of you.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

The one day a week I get to sleep in is Sunday and what should happen 9 out of 10 times? My middle child wakes me up. I just want a good solid night’s rest for once. It doesn’t help that once I wake up I’m usually up for the day too.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Just want to let everyone know regarding “that” situation I appreciate all of the messages and well wishes. It really means a lot <3 So… this is the opposite of a whine, but I wanted to say thank you <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

windstonefan
                        Participant

Ha, VS you sound like me. I swear I can kill any live houseplant .

windstonefan

windstonefan
                          Participant

dragOnfeathers, no whining is good too. Wish you eternal peace my friend.

windstonefan

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

LOL I have 7 cats.. I’ll never know eternal peace, but ill certainly take less drama around here 🤣

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

KingBeast
                              Participant

Why is the art field such a pain to get into? My job sucks and I’m desperate to get into a different art job and no one is hiring.

I’m tripping panic attacks just about twice a week and each time I get more and more exhausted. My depression has been at a really deep low, I’m barely sleeping, body dysphoria is getting pretty bad and just….eugh I’m tired.

Anxiety and depression suck, man. They suck baaad.

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                                Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                                Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Bodine🌸,
                                  Have you gotten your dragon back, or your $200 back??
                                  Big Hugs!!

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.