fbpx

WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,042 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

That’s so sad StormDancer! I don’t understand how anyone can abandon an animal ever! At least he will have peace and rest soon but that is still so sad!

Bayoudragon, that’s not fun to have to move to a hospital but hopefully things go well there. How far along are you?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

tig3r06
      Participant

Stormdancer, I just cried so hard. That’s so awful! Poor furbaby 💞

StormDancer
        Participant

Bayoudragon, I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your post sooner. I hope that everything turns out well for you.

Kim and Tig3rO6, yes it is heartbreaking. I have been crying all day for this guy. I just really and truly can’t understand people who would do this to an animal.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

fatalbeauty
          Participant

ugh, people suck so bad sometimes….and leaving a sick and deaf animal like that is just horrible…..poor baby….

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

pdlucich
            Participant

just wandering by with a tiny whine. My bank has changed hands (or just names?) several times in the past but my acct and etc. have been the same. Now I have been kicked to another institute entirely. My acct # and routing # will be changed. I have two direct deposits I will now have to change and I have no idea how. I will be going to the bank tomorrow, of course. I’ll also have to change info on my paypal acct. I really wish these greedy (censored) banks would quit playing musical chairs with other people’s money.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
              Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

sherry10151982
              Participant

That is super unfair and should not happen at all. It’s totally an inconvenience for consumers to have to go through that while the banks have no oversight whatsoever. I’m really sorry you have to go through that. Is it a small bank, or one of the larger ones?

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

OMG Stormdancer…. I’m bawling. I truly loathe and despise people who do this to their animals. Nothing makes me more feel more disturbed about humanity to be honest. My sister had a nervous breakdown when she was a vet tech mostly because of the sheer amount of animals that had to be put to sleep for no good reason other then a human mistreated them, abandoned them, or they were so hurt or afraid they had crossed the point of no return and it was considered the more humane thing to do. She wanted to help animals and instead she had to kill more then she was ever able to save and it tortured her. Even after all the schooling she invested she couldn’t take the heartache despite the ones she was able to save. She told me once someone brought their dog in, it was on the brink of death. It had been suffering for days, throwing up, diarrhea, seizures before the family finally had brought the dog to the vet. She instantly noticed the dog was purple. Legit, the dogs fur was purple. She asked what was all over it and the owner had said it was pesticide he had sprayed on the dog because the it had fleas. The kind of pesticide you use on your lawn or around the exterior of your house. The dog was so far gone she had to put it down, but she said she never came so close to punching someone in the face. How can people be so stupid, careless, heartless and cruel. I’ll never understand it.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

StormDancer
                  Participant

Fatalbeauty, I fully agree.

DragOnfeathers, I understand what your sister feels like. I have seen a lot of people who do things like the guy did with the pesticide. They just don’t think thru their actions and then waiting days after the poor dog was so sick, just maddening.

I didn’t quit as a vet tech years ago because of being unable to help and then holding so many on their last breath but many, many vet techs do.
                    For me, my husband moved and so I ended up working on a ranch instead. But even there I saw how cruel many people are to their pets, as I was picking up a dumped animal almost weekly and taking it to the animal control. I just couldn’t afford to keep them all. I did find homes for a few though.
                    Dumping animals, to me is the one of the worst things people do. I saw the loss and confusion in so many eyes. I saw them light up with hope when my truck stopped and while they were happy to be with people again, you knew they looked around every corner hoping it was going to be THEIR person to came around it.
                    And when it is an old animal, at the end of their life, I can’t even begin to express the anger I feel towards people who do that. It is heartbreaking and frustrating and deeply emotional for me.

To me its like saying… Well Grandma can’t walk as fast as she used to, lets go tie her to a tree or dump her out on the desert with no food or water and forget about her.

I have no comprehension of actions like this for humans at all. There is no excuse.

Looking for:

StormDancer
                    Participant

pdlucich, Banks are so frustrating they seem to think everyone has all the time in the world to go take care of whatever they mess up or change.
                      I’ve had them accidentally deposit $4000.00 into my account once. While I could certainly use the extra it sure wasn’t mine. Come to find out it was some poor guys down payment on a house and they tried to tell him he had not deposited the money at all, even though he had a deposit receipt. Who caught their mess up.. I did.
                      Guy is lucky it was with someone that was honest though.
                      I hope you get all your stuff straightened out quickly. PayPal isn’t too bad, you just add on the new account then they have you keep the old one listed for a few months.

Looking for:

sherry10151982
                      Participant

I’m so blessed to be in the company of y’all that are like me and value the lives of animals. Many people do not and it truly upsets me; I used to work for animal control and boy did I see the worst of humanity too. Dogs covered head to toe in blood sucking ticks where their gums were pure white they were so anemic because their owners didn’t want to take care of them. Pregnant moms being put to sleep while their babies struggled to get out only to suffocate inside because she had too many litters and the owners didn’t want to take the expense to spay her. Dogs that were unwanted or abandoned being led into the euthanasia room wagging their tails not knowing what’s going to happen to them; I always gave them kisses and told them they were good. I tried to save as many as I could, but they just kept coming in. Needless to say, I had a nervous breakdown while working there and had to quit. I don’t know about you Stormdancer, but I have PTSD to this day because of what I witnessed.

Bodine
                        Participant

I could not do that.My heart would be in pieces the first day.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

I was vet tech at a shelter for years, it was so heartbreaking but so, I don’t know, I got to make a little difference. One of the worst was the puppy who was attacked with a hatchet and had his leg chopped off just for some monster child’s amusement, there was also the super sweet Siamese teenager full of birdshot and maggots. Saved the pup but not the Siamese… there was the middle aged Maltese dumped because it didn’t match the owner’s new decor scheme, and among many dumpees was an elderly Aussie bitch who had heartworms, thyroid issues and kidney failure but became my work baby. My dogs didn’t want to share at home…. one of our volunteers ended up taking Lady, she lasted a year there and I came and took her out to lunch with me once or twice a week. They let me be the one who held and loved her at the end. But people do treat their elderly almost as bad r/e abandonment, I think as a species we’re pretty much awful evil garbage. There are good people, but they seem to be the exceptions.

Kim
                            Blocked

Gosh those are heartbreaking stories of animal abuse and suffering! I can’t stand reading about or seeing these things as it makes my heart hurt and my mind angry at people. I could never be a vet or work in a shelter as I would be scarred for life! I grew up with my mom rescuing abandoned and abused cats and dogs my whole childhood. She also bailed dogs out of the pound that were about to be put down for as long as she could. She paid about $150 for each dog and would advertise them for like $30 and find them good homes. After bailing out like 50 dogs over the years, the pound actually told her they wouldn’t sell her another dog until she had a business license. They actually thought she made money on them and didn’t believe she actually lost money on every single dog just to find them a home. She was going to bail out a nice silky haired terrier before they told her that and they refused and told her they put it down instead. They were evil! We had a lot of cats and dogs in our house, some we kept and some we found homes for but it was hard re-homing a lot we bonded with. That was when my mom owned a big house with a big yard. Since we lost our houses years ago in foreclosures and we now rent we only have our 4 cats now as our landlords haven’t allowed dogs. Our last dog was our border collie that passed away before the foreclosures over 10 years ago. I miss having a dog!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

welp, didn’t think I’d be posting about this again so soon but hubby’s levels went worse again, now he’s at 4.41 creatinine and 15% GFR….we’ll have to see what his doctor thinks when they get the results over there but we’re worried……

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

sherry10151982
                                Participant

Oh no fatalbeauty!! Prayers definitely are being sent y’all’s way from Texas!! I hope something can be done fast and indefinitely!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,042 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.