WHINE is Served II

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is Served II

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,041 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Bayou on the bayou😁 I miss it so much.
      Try not to stress,all will be well.A happy pregnancy makes a happy baby,no lie.
      I was forgotten in an emerency room before.Glad I didn’t die.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
      Participant

You will do well!

I’ve been forgotten in a doctor’s office once, but the e.r. time I’m sure was a ‘go away’ until my husband went and complained. Had been there 6 hours without going further than triage, and they weren’t busy. A woman with a quarter sized blister from getting close to a bonfire went in quickly, and a fair bit of the time I was there by myself. I turned out to be sepsis and a kidney stone so thanks.

When my daughter was born, she was small- 5.5 pounds and went down to 5.1. The nurses kept on rounding on me ‘we know you smoked and drank she’s so small you need to tell us so we can treat her right’. I’ve never smoked, and didn’t drink the whole pregnancy! I’d been a small baby myself, and it turns out one of the symptoms of the clotting disorder I have is low birthweight babies. On top of that, I developed a painful inflamed knot in my thigh- tried to show it to a nurse but she blew it off as nothing. Gee whizz, if they’d paid attention they could have caught my disorder 15 years earlier than happened, and saved my almost dying of pulmonary emboli. So thanks again.

What you said about the pain pills, several times in the hospital they push opiates on you when you don’t want/need them. I’ve been given them, or they tried to give them, when I wasn’t even hurting. So much for controlling the drug epidemic.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

well as of last night, I may have bursitis, I have pain between my hip and knee….currently, I’m resting and icing and or hoping this won’t become a chronic thing…..

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Bodine
          Participant

Ow,I am so sorry Fatalbeauty and Pip.Sometimes they treat us not so well but where would we be without them right?
            Fatalbeauty,nothing can really help with that kind of pain.Good luck with it.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

fatalbeauty
            Participant

hopefully it’ll be nice and get better soon…..just walking hurts…but for now, I’m just staying home, I don’t think the ER would do much other than pain meds which I don’t like taking….with my ankle break a few months ago, they tried to give me a strong one even though I was dealing with the pain okay, I didn’t pick up the prescription, Advil and or Tylenol worked just fine….

1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

GardenNinja
              Participant

This sounds like iliotibial (sp?) band pain. Is it mostly on the side of the hip, with some down the side of the leg? There is a stretch that helps that considerably. Can you get to an orthopedist or physical therapist? If not, I can find the handout I have and scan it for you. The stretch helps enormously. My IT band bursitis flares up periodically if I walk too fast. I have hypermobile joints and I tend to take too long of a stride and hyperextend the joint. Even if I’m not having pain, I do the stretch every day I remember to, once on each side.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Wow! That sounds exactly what I get every once in a while… if you find the handout could you also send a copy to me? PM me for my email. My knees and right hip can drive me crazy at night. It’s to the point where I can’t lay on my right side anymore or my hip pain keeps me awake and I need to sleep on my back – which bothers my left knee because I can’t lay it flat! That’s due to worsening arthritis…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

my pain is like a few inches down from the top of the hip then about halfway down the leg after that…..couldn’t hurt to try, I wouldn’t mind a copy of the handout….

1. Mother Meerkat

GardenNinja
                    Participant

Iliotibial band stretches!

I said I could scan my exercise sheet the day before I already had set aside time to sort all the papers in my dining room/office. It took me four hours to go through all the stacks and sort & file or dispose. The IT band stretch one turned out not to be in a stack. So this morning I was looking at the piles of paper in the living room… and realized that since I know what it looks like, I could just google image search for it.

This is the stretch that helped me, from this website: https://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_iliotibial_band_syndrome_exercises/.
                      IT-Band-Syndrome-Rehab-Exercises-clip
                      Iliotibial band stretch, side-leaning: Stand sideways near a wall with your injured side closest to the wall. Place a hand on the wall for support. Cross the leg farther from the wall over the other leg. Keep the foot closest to the wall flat on the floor. Lean your hips into the wall. Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.

If this gives you more pain, you are either doing it wrong, or you have a different problem. If you feel like you are stretching something very very tight, you are doing it right, and it will help you.

This website has the same images, but without the copyright notice on the full image. It includes a bit more explanation of the problem at the top of the page:
                      https://www.coreconcepts.com.sg/article/the-best-exercises-for-trochanteric-bursitis/

This article is aimed at personal trainers, and includes how to diagnose. It addresses “sharp or burning pain just above the joint line on the outside of the knee”, and includes some of the same stretches. It has actual photos of the exercises.
                      Note that “abduction” here means “the action of certain muscles in pulling a leg, arm, etc away from the median axis of the body” – so the first exercise is saying to rotate your legs out to the side, without changing how much your knees are bent.
                      If you decide to try using a resistance band, the primary brand is Theraband. You can buy 6 foot lengths or 50 foot rolls, maybe a couple other sizes. Note the color indicates the amount of resistance, so get red like the picture shows. I think I bought mine off eBay, but it may have been Amazon.
                      https://blog.nasm.org/fitness/5-go-corrective-exercises-iliotibial-band-syndrome/

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

thanks for posting that, if it comes back, I’ll definitely be trying it…..I think it loosened up by last Sunday, just woke up and it felt a little tight but no pain…..

1. Mother Meerkat

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Yes – thanks!
                          I’ve printed it out and saved it electronically to reference.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Zeppard Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Guess it’s time to take a break again….I just wanted one but I have to wait and they lifted the limits and now there are people with 5 and 6 on the way…Good bye.

Kim
                            Blocked

Sorry to hear that Pegasi1978. I sent you a message. I hope you are still able to get a cougar if you maybe want a fire cat in store or can see if people post ones for sale as they get them in.

For my own whine, my health and everything has not been great for the last few months. I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago but we tried to be friends, still hanging out together each week until he basically ended our friendship a couple weeks ago telling me he didn’t like me coming to church events and activities he was at because he wanted to flirt with other girls and told me he only wanted to see me every two or three weeks. I told him I didn’t need a ‘part time friend’ who didn’t appreciate me and we haven’t talked in a couple weeks now and it’s been hard losing who I thought was my best friend for the last year and a half. In other news just before this happened with my ex, I tried working for a few days at the Stampede trade show here 3 weeks ago and I was dealing with a recurring back and shoulder injury and then a couple days into working I got horrible dental pain, radiating into my head and had to go to an emergency dentist that weekend. I found out an old big filling in my back tooth got bacteria build up inside and it killed the nerve and they told me I needed a root canal or to have the tooth pulled. I got an antibiotic and kept working and luckily the pain went away after a couple days but at the same time, that’s when my ex and I had an argument about being friends and he blocked me on facebook and we stopped talking. And at the same time this young guy half my age I was working for at the trade show booth was also being very disrespectful and condescending to me even though I was doing well with sales but he kept changing my hours and cutting back hours and 4 days before the trade show was supposed to end he told me he had a friend coming in to work for him and let me go. I was so mad as I really needed that money as I was trying to make enough to buy a cheap car for me and my mom as our old car was having issues. At least I made some extra money there but not quite enough for that. I was kind of relieved though to be done working because of my back, shoulder and dental pain issues though.

The back injury started from shoveling for a couple days doing yard work for a neighbor months ago and my lower back hurt for weeks. It finally went away after several weeks but in the last 3 months or so, if I bend over the wrong way I get a surge of pain through my back again like a pinched nerve or disc or something and it hurts for days to weeks at a time again. Combine that with the fact that I put my hip, neck and back out regularly because of my scoliosis I’ve had since I was kid and the last few days I’ve had terrible lower back and hip pain. I went to my chiropractor last week but it hurt again the next day and then I made the mistake of going camping this past weekend and my air mattress got a hole in it and deflated and I had to get up 4 times in the night to pump it back up and my back hurt so bad the next day. I managed to patch the hole for the next night sleeping but it was pretty cold that night and I woke up feeling not good at all the next day. So yesterday when I got back from camping, my throat hurt really bad and today I’m a sick mess with a runny nose and sneezing. Not to mention I had a bad cold and eye infection a few weeks ago. When I try and sleep now I toss and turn all night with my hip and back pain and now I have to deal with being sick again too. So now I’m staying home trying to catch up on rest and taking a bunch of supplements for my stupid cold. I ended up getting some dental work done last week getting a couple fillings done and my back tooth issue has been put on hold as they find out of I have coverage for a root canal which could take a couple weeks to find out, otherwise I might need to have it pulled. So after all these issues and pain, the only thing I’m looking forward too right now is my grab bag cougars coming in in the next few days. I was able to buy a special one and fantasy with the money I made working and hopefully I’ll be able to save enough selling things and doing dog walking to buy a cheap car next month.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

bayoudragon
                              Participant

That TOTALLY blows. I’m not friends with any of ex-boyfriends either. Actually, the only one I am still friends with is the ex-husband. Go figure.

So I will be moving back to Louisiana probably next week. The birth center called me and said they would not be able to have me in their care. I have a couple of big fibroids and one is in a really bad spot. I am now considered high risk and my care is being transferred to the hospital. There is a chance of uterine rupture and may need a cesarean depending how things go over the next few months. Needless to say, I didn’t take this information well. AT ALL. And I still have to get tested for trisomy/genetic issues. This is NOT the birth I had planned out in my head.

StormDancer
                                Participant

I recently accidentally got a job as a vet tech again when the vet needed emergency help because her vet tech took a 4 week vacation with one days notice and then quit the day she was supposed to return. Luckily I was there the day the tech gave her one day notice. I’m good with that, I have always enjoyed working with animals.

My whine is about so call human beings who dump an animal because they are old or sick or just not wanted anymore.
                                  We are putting down a beautiful old English bulldog tonight. His owners tied him up in an orchard and abandoned him. The young man who rescued him late last week then found that the poor old guy was deaf and couldn’t poop. He brought him into us and we have done everything that we can do for him but nothing has worked. We can’t do surgery on him because his age and his stress levels are so high that the stress of a stomach surgery will kill him.
                                  The young man and the local community have asked us to do what we can for him, but all our efforts have failed. This beautiful soul can’t understand why his people aren’t there or why strangers are doing things to him that are uncomfortable, he can’t hear us telling him that he is a good boy and that we care.
                                  His last days have been filled with confusion and pain in a kennel in a place that is strange to him.

This is beyond my comprehension. I can not understand how anyone could do this to an animal that has been part of the family for it’s entire life. This animal gave you everything, its love, its devotion, it would have given its life for you if necessary.

And yet some people cant even be bothered to at the very least take it to an animal shelter where it would at least be put down humanly. They don’t even charge you for it. Hell you can claim you found it if you are too damned ashamed of yourself.

Please send prayers for him as we send him on his final journey tonight, he deserves at least that much.

Looking for:
                                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,041 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.