fbpx

The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

This is all funny. Everyone assumes that everyone can actually press the contact me button now and it works.
      I’m backer 30 and drag0n submitted my inital claim, although way too late unfortunately because of the time I spent troubleshooting. I still haven’t been contacted either.

My contact me button IS STILL NOT WORKING. I’ve tried other browsers/devices too and my kickstarter contact me is buggered. It’s kickstarter, not me. Especially when contact me worked friday to send a test message successfully. So yes, being backer 30 and watching later people get a chance at picking before me and then being told similar that were painted would have to be competed for and picked again is pretty frustrating. Even more frustrating to see backer 1, 13 and other earlier ones not being helped either. I screenshot a post and made a huge post accidentally where she said if our pick was claimed it could be painted similar, but no mention of having to fight for the similar painted one so I guess I shouldn’t have got my hopes up that it would just be taken care of. Plus, like I said, I can’t even try again if I wanted to because my button still doesn’t work 🤣🤯
      Trying to decide if I’m canceling my pledge or not…

Setsunawolf
      Participant

I’m not certain I even want a similar one. That was my concern before the KS started. I will wait and see what gets painted, but when you like 6 out of 180 dragons. 1 specific piece because your two year old wants that one only, not a similar one, and second one because of a specific paint job to the face. It’s not very encouraging. So basically, I am at 4 dragons out of 180. The other trainwrecks didn’t do it for me, so now I am at 3 out of 180. I am concerned a similar one also won’t do it for me.
        I will wait and give Melody a chance, but this has been hard.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kim
        Blocked

Yeah the whole message system not working for some and not being in order of messages should have been scrapped and Melody should have sent out emails in order of backer number in my opinion. I emailed her saying I didn’t think messages were in order or some of ours may have been bumped and I mentioned about Drag0nfeathers being 13 and me being 54 and that it didn’t make sense to me that later backers and messengers were hearing back before some of us. She said she thought the messages were in order but they couldn’t be based on what we’ve seen. So I wish this would have been fixed before letting everyone know what dragons they got. I hope they see this. I still haven’t heard back even after clarifying my Kickstarter name and my concern about the message system.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

LuvsDragons
          Participant

Speaking for myself….if Melody thought it necessary to go back through messages and I did not get any of my favorites, I would be fine waiting for the next round and see what she paints. It stinks that KickStarter broke and it is causing so many problems and hard feelings for people. If/When I do another KS’er I will probably wait until the initial rush is over. I know Windstone will try their best to make people happy.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Does anyone have time stamps on messages they have received back from any Kickstater ever? In theory wouldn’t they be time stamped just like outgoing ones. No messages from any kickstarters I have ever backed are time stamped. NONE! Not incoming, not outgoing. The fact we are even talking about time stamped messages in Kickstarter is completely made up. This was doomed from the get go because I dont think anyone even bothered to check and see if they did in fact time stamp messages… Kickstater messages have the date in them only. No time whatsoever. If you’ve ever backed a kickstarter before, look in your messages. The only things that would be time stamped would be Melodys email notifications from when she recieved messages and then you are relying on kickstarters server. Why we didnt go by backer number is beyond me.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Christine
              Participant

Huh… I was sure I saw a timestamp on my sent KS message yesterday that said 3 min after the hour (no seconds). It would be awful if Kickstarter showed the time a message was sent as long as it was sent on the current day, and after that day showed only the past date without the time. They really were not built for message timing mattering. Someone who has sent or received a KS message today may be able to confirm.

In the KS text Melody says she will go by the order in which the messages were received (doesn’t explicitly mention a timestamp). Doing so via KS inbox would not be possible in the case when a backer sends any other message later; that causes the newer message to get grouped with any previous messages, and pushes the whole message group to the time that the most recent message was sent, losing that earlier place in line.

Even if the Windstone team looked through groups of multiple messages in KS to try and fit the earliest one back in the queue, because the times never show seconds, it would be impossible to know where to fit a message in with the other messages marked with the same minute. Minutes probably don’t matter much in KS’s day to day pledging activity, but when you have ~80 people pledging in the first 3 minutes and order matters, KS just doesn’t give us or Melody enough time-based information to piece that correct order together. And today, none of the messages from yesterday will be showing minutes anyway.

As we’ve come to suspect, it sounds like the only way to be sure you have the true pledge order (according to KS info only), would be to go by backer number.

That said, it should be possible to go through KS messages received via the email account that is linked to the campaign, and to look at timestamps from there. Even if that were done (which it seems it wasn’t), we already have backer numbers, which bypass any delays or technical difficulties that people may have had with messaging.

Dragon_Hoarder
                Participant

There is a timestamp on the messages if you dig through the data that comes in from the API enough.
                  It’s stored in seconds instead of milliseconds which is unusual, but easy enough to translate once you figure that out.

Interestingly the timestamp you see in the inbox view is based on the last activity in the message thread, which explains why people sending multiple messages got pushed down the queue.

That’s not something I’d really expect anyone at windstone to figure out in time to fix the issues and it would be a ton of work to figure out where people who sent multiple messages are actually supposed to be in the queue, but the timestamps are there.

Natasha
                  Participant

There is a timestamp on the messages if you dig through the data that comes in from the API enough.
                    It’s stored in seconds instead of milliseconds which is unusual, but easy enough to translate once you figure that out.

Interestingly the timestamp you see in the inbox view is based on the last activity in the message thread, which explains why people sending multiple messages got pushed down the queue.

That’s not something I’d really expect anyone at windstone to figure out in time to fix the issues and it would be a ton of work to figure out where people who sent multiple messages are actually supposed to be in the queue, but the timestamps are there.

Well, yes, but this ISNT a case of just people sending multiple messages getting bumped. I sent one message. I was done by 11:02. I was backer #4. I didn’t hear back for MANY hours AFTER lots of later backers got their top picks.

I feel like I followed the rules, and was cheated. I don’t think it was intentional, but it still isn’t right. Like I said – if I just had a slow internet connection, or backers 1-3 picked my fave, it would be a case of “that’s life!” Instead, it’s a case of doing everything right, and that not mattering because this system was never going to work. Like I said – grab bags and eBay for me only now. This Kickstarter was a kick in the guts.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

tig3r06
                    Participant

Just wanted to update drag0n and I were contacted. So her messaging for me messed up her chance/order in the beginning. I’ll let her post for herself though.

I only participated in this for a tiger and then talked myself into 33 green with green eyes to have a pair. Well, I did get 33, but now I have to compete for a tiger. And not sure how I’m supposed to pick one and be fast to compete with my contact me button broke. I also feel like the system will probably crash again. Im frustrated we cant just have a similar painted to a claimed one be assigned to us and be done with it. People are going to want the new ones painted and numbered even though they were painted similar for someone else who couldnt get what they initially picked.

Jennifer Graham
                      Participant

I think that if they had this sorted out way better it would’ve worked.
                        For example: Email your backer number and your choices. They go through the emails and go from 1-whatever so everyone who got there first gets dibs first.
                        It is unfair to those who were there first but their choices aren’t there any longer because backer 75, using that number as an example not pointing fingers, got heard first and claimed their choice while backer 1 lost out.
                        This is all a learning curve and hopefully it’ll get sorted and cleaned up.
                        Maybe for the second batch, for those who has either not heard back or none of their choices are available get first dibs going by backer number so it’s fair.

Jennifer Graham

BigCatKeeper
                        Participant

I think everyone agrees that the KS launch was been frustrating (to say the least) for many. It’s stressful enough to have your heart set on something and not know if you’ll be able to get it without the complications of websites crippling under the load or errors in the system.

I’m sure it’s been equally frustrating for the folks at Windstone on the other end of it. The crew prides themselves on offering quality artwork and accommodating their customers. I’m sure when Melody was trying to decide the most fair way give everyone their choices, the messaging system seemed the clearest answer. In retrospect, it obviously had some huge flaws that both could and could not be accounted for. It really is a shame what happened, but I’m sure part of the reason it’s taking so long for them to respond is them trying to play damage control.

It’s definitely been a learning experience, and a painful one for many who did everything right. In hindsight, Backer Number seems like it would have been a better choice. I do wonder, though, if Melody has access to backer numbers on her end. Is anyone familiar enough with KS to know? Or would she need to rely on people’s screen shots of their confirmation e-mail? Because that, in itself, could also be a nightmare.

I am sincerely sorry to all whom KS cheated with this launch. Clearly it was not meant to handle the enthusiasm of this community, nor the specificity of individual choices. Hopefully, this rocky start will pave the way for better launches in the future. I sincerely hope this works out for everyone and the Windstone team.

Skylover
                          Participant

I’d just like some acknowledgement that things will be done differently with the next batch that will help out people who didn’t get a dragon at all because of technical difficulties. If it’s the same method again, the results will be the same for me because the button still doesn’t work. I would like a chance!

yolanda
                            Participant

I have yet to hear back. I REALLY DO NOT want to go thru this again. I feel now that if shes going to paint new dragons and in colors each was wanting then why not make sure that person gets their dragon and not put up for it to be taken again .
                              My backer number is 32 but yet because my contact button wont and still wont work it took forever to finally be told try FAQ to send a message causing a huge delay putting my requests in. I’m pretty certain all my choices are gone . I dont want to go thru trying to claim again if the contact wont work. ….I’m hoping things can be worked out to make us all happy but I definately cant and wont put 250 bucks on something I dont like. I cant afford that and had to save my butt off for this one . If I had money to throw away I woulda got 2 or 3 .
                              Been waiting as patiently as I can to hear something but nothing yet and pretty much already know my choices are gone anyways .
                              If I cant get a guarantee of something I will love I’ll have to pull out and just save the money for one later in a production color …but was hoping for something different .

tig3r06
                              Participant

I’d just like some acknowledgement that things will be done differently with the next batch that will help out people who didn’t get a dragon at all because of technical difficulties. If it’s the same method again, the results will be the same for me because the button still doesn’t work. I would like a chance!

My button still doesn’t work either so I’m with ya!

I’m sorry you weren’t able to get even one yet 😔

LZ
                                Participant

Melody and the Windstone crew must have some very thick skin to want to keep running their business.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.