The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Okay- I have a dumb question. How do I get to the ‘My Account’ page, like the one of Melody’s she showed us? I don’t see a link or way to get to it from the page Kickstarter gives me when I sign in. It’s just a bunch of ‘Projects We Think You’ll Like’.

It would really suck to be able to be there at the start, and not be able to claim a dragon because I’m too stupid to find the page with the messages link!

Do you have an account?

Also, the prices for “choose your own” do not match everywhere, most importantly on the bar on the right for the pledge tiers.

Oops, ok. This is why having previews of the page is so important!

Kim
      Blocked

Oh yeah I didn’t notice til mentioned yeah 142 from the video is 138. That is also basically the only one I wanted. Ugh. Unless Melody can paint a more aqua and pink version of it with aqua eyes and I’ll take that instead.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

pipsxlch
        Participant

I do have an account. By searching, I got to a ‘Settings’ page, which had my personal information and shows when I’ve signed in. There appears to be a link to ‘Account’ on that page, but when I click on it or anything else at the top of the page it keeps bumping back to ‘Settings’.

I have to go to work in a couple minutes; when I get home tonight I will try to ask for help via Kickstarter. I remember seeing such a link last night. I work overnight tomorrow so won’t have internet for 32 hours, so hoping they know how to help technoidiots.

I had to make an account with my other email with The Veligent campaign to add to my reward. Maybe that account will work better, I will try it tonight.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Thought I would post this on this thread too – just in case it is helpful for people.

Hi Guys – I previously posted this KS Messaging ‘tutorial’ on page 2 of “The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon” thread and thought it may be helpful to also add it here. I have a good bit of experience backing Kickstarter campaigns, so if you have further questions don’t hesitate to ping me.

*~*~*~*~*~*
            OK – Here’s some additional information about the ‘Ask A Question’ button, and probably where Melody remembers seeing the ‘Messages’ section…

The ‘Ask A Question’ button will submit a direct message to the Creator and this message chain is ONLY between the Backer sending it and the Creator – No one else can view these messages so you don’t need to worry about any other Backer viewing what you sent.

These direct (private) messages are located within your Account section – after logging into your account, click your icon in the upper right to expand your Account window and you can then click on the Messages section. If a message has been sent to you Kickstarter will also send you an email, so you don’t need to constantly go in here to see if there is a message. You will be alerted by the KS email to you.

1_Accessing-Account-1

Clicking on the Messages link will open your ‘Messages’ screen where you will see all the past/present Kickstarters you have pledged, where you either used the ‘Ask A Question’ feature or received a direct message from the Creator. Simply select the appropriate Kickstarter ‘Message’ box you want to view. As an example, you see that I’ve backed quite a few Kickstarters. I’ll select ‘The Veligent’ Kickstarter Message box to view my direct/private messages to/from Melody:

2_KS-Messages_in-your-Account-1

THIS is what the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages screen will look like. Notice that the messages are only between me and Melody – no one else can view these because they are private and in my account only. The messages continue on the screen, so you need to scroll down if you have many, and at the end of the string you have the option to send another reply.
            But most importantly, they are all here and you can view them all, and also see when you sent a message and when you received a reply because the messages are date stamped and in order of receipt.

This would be how Melody could know who claimed a dragon first – look at the date stamp on the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages and also in which order the messages are received. She should get all of her messages from all of us on the same Message string, and they probably would post in order of date stamp and in order of receipt into Melody’s message stream as well.

3_Messages-Page-Example-1

4_Can-Reply-easily-1

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Zeppard Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
            Participant

Thank you for refreshing our memories, Donna. I don’t have an avatar, but the little globe looking thing next to the search magnifying glass got me to my account.

Christine
              Participant

Mmm, so many people love 142, and 156 (the tiger stripes guy), and 64 (the first all pink one), and probably a handful of others as well. I really like the idea of multiple people being able to request the same ID, and then additional dragons being painted in as similar a way as possible for them. Of course they will be a little different, but a little different might still be what someone would want and love more than any of the other existing colors.

Melody, the KS text mentions that you will be painting additional Bantams during the month of the KS – is it extra difficult / extra work to try and paint additional ones similar to much-beloved existing color schemes (142, 156, 64, etc)?

Melody
                Keymaster

Thought I would post this on this thread too – just in case it is helpful for people.

Hi Guys – I previously posted this KS Messaging ‘tutorial’ on page 2 of “The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon” thread and thought it may be helpful to also add it here. I have a good bit of experience backing Kickstarter campaigns, so if you have further questions don’t hesitate to ping me.

*~*~*~*~*~*
                  OK – Here’s some additional information about the ‘Ask A Question’ button, and probably where Melody remembers seeing the ‘Messages’ section…

The ‘Ask A Question’ button will submit a direct message to the Creator and this message chain is ONLY between the Backer sending it and the Creator – No one else can view these messages so you don’t need to worry about any other Backer viewing what you sent.

These direct (private) messages are located within your Account section – after logging into your account, click your icon in the upper right to expand your Account window and you can then click on the Messages section. If a message has been sent to you Kickstarter will also send you an email, so you don’t need to constantly go in here to see if there is a message. You will be alerted by the KS email to you.

1_Accessing-Account-1

Clicking on the Messages link will open your ‘Messages’ screen where you will see all the past/present Kickstarters you have pledged, where you either used the ‘Ask A Question’ feature or received a direct message from the Creator. Simply select the appropriate Kickstarter ‘Message’ box you want to view. As an example, you see that I’ve backed quite a few Kickstarters. I’ll select ‘The Veligent’ Kickstarter Message box to view my direct/private messages to/from Melody:

2_KS-Messages_in-your-Account-1

THIS is what the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages screen will look like. Notice that the messages are only between me and Melody – no one else can view these because they are private and in my account only. The messages continue on the screen, so you need to scroll down if you have many, and at the end of the string you have the option to send another reply.
                  But most importantly, they are all here and you can view them all, and also see when you sent a message and when you received a reply because the messages are date stamped and in order of receipt.

This would be how Melody could know who claimed a dragon first – look at the date stamp on the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages and also in which order the messages are received. She should get all of her messages from all of us on the same Message string, and they probably would post in order of date stamp and in order of receipt into Melody’s message stream as well.

3_Messages-Page-Example-1

4_Can-Reply-easily-1

For this Kickstarter, just use the “Messages” on your account page. That way all the claims willbe together and time stamped.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Mmm, so many people love 142, and 156 (the tiger stripes guy), and 64 (the first all pink one), and probably a handful of others as well. I really like the idea of multiple people being able to request the same ID, and then additional dragons being painted in as similar a way as possible for them. Of course they will be a little different, but a little different might still be what someone would want and love more than any of the other existing colors.

Melody, the KS text mentions that you will be painting additional Bantams during the month of the KS – is it extra difficult / extra work to try and paint additional ones similar to much-beloved existing color schemes (142, 156, 64, etc)?

This is a Kickstarter experiment, so I am making up the rules as I go.
                    OK. This secret is for forum members. Since this campaign will go on for a month, I will have time to paint more that are SIMILAR to the simple colors, such as pinks and reds for people who want them. They probably won’t be identical though!
                    I won’t be adding any NEW colors or patterns, so you don’t need to worry about wanting a different one after you’ve made your choice.
                    I’m painting more tiger ones, lavender, and a couple of yellow ones today and will add them to the class pics.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

That’s exciting <3 I’d love to see some yellow ones and more tigers too.

I’m thinking of this Kickstarter is running for 30 days you’re going to be getting a lot more requests to fulfill then just 200 dragons worth. If this were a normal grab bag I’d bet they would sell out in a day or two tops. I wonder if it will be the same case with these? I suppose if anything it will be interesting. Good luck Melody!

Oh, and if you’re going to be making Rainbow Tigers for Kim please make some extras for me too ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Melody, if I have my heart set on one and a similar one won’t do can I just let you know? There’s a second one I love as much trainwreck but it’s the way his face is painted that pushes him over the top for me, so a similar one probably wouldn’t work.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

LZ
                        Participant

Melody, if I have my heart set on one and a similar one won’t do can I just let you know? There’s a second one I love as much trainwreck but it’s the way his face is painted that pushes him over the top for me, so a similar one probably wouldn’t work.

That’s really not fair to everyone else who has to join a queue to claim dragons.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

That’s really not fair to everyone else who has to join a queue to claim dragons.

I have to agree with Lisa. My favorite one is very clearly wanted by many and I dont want a similar one either, but I’m sure I cant call dibs on it just because I really want it. 🙁

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

Let me clarify. If I have the 1st request in for a certain dragon, and person number 2 comes along and says I also want a dragon like that. Can I as 1st requester be guaranteed to get the dragon posted on the picture.

I don’t want to spend the money for the dragon in the picture, be the 1st person to request him, and then get one similar to it because someone after me got the one in picture.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

tig3r06
                              Participant

Let me clarify. If I have the 1st request in for a certain dragon, and person number 2 comes along and says I also want a dragon like that. Can I as 1st requester be guaranteed to get the dragon posted on the picture.

I don’t want to spend the money for the dragon in the picture, be the 1st person to request him, and then get one similar to it because someone after me got the one in picture.

The 1st person to claim gets the original. Pretty sure anyone after gets similarly painted ones if available or can decline. Melody says that’s a possibility in the comments a few above this.

Edit: added screenshot

drag0nfeathers
                                Participant

Was Melody even guaranteeing similar ones to be painted if more then one person claims a particular number? I must have missed that post.

That would be pretty awesome if so.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.