The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Who’s requesting bantam dragon clones they didn’t initially claim? You can’t just request any number you feel like. I requested one of the leftover rainbows ones as Melody said she might put stripes on them because no one claimed them. I said 146 would match my baby unicorn so I was waiting to see pictures to claim that one. So who claimed 146 that wasn’t supposed to? I already requested it before.

This is a common occurrence. I just paint more.

Kim
      Blocked

Kim, how do you know that the “someone“ who chose 146, hadn’t picked it before you?

I know because it was a leftover rainbow no one claimed. I had asked before if there was a possibility of doing rainbow tigers and Melody said she might add stripes to the rainbows at the end if no one claimed them so I said I would like to claim one as my last dragon once I saw the pictures. I said 146 would match my baby unicorn.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Scathach
        Participant

Kim, how do you know that the “someone“ who chose 146, hadn’t picked it before you?

I know because it was a leftover rainbow no one claimed. I had asked before if there was a possibility of doing rainbow tigers and Melody said she might add stripes to the rainbows at the end if no one claimed them so I said I would like to claim one as my last dragon once I saw the pictures. I said 146 would match my baby unicorn.

Melody said it’s a common occurrence and will paint more.

Life is beautiful.

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Just because it wasn’t claimed at the time Melody said it was leftover, it doesn’t mean the person didn’t pick it after you had that discussion with melody about it. It could have been someone with a lower backer number who just casually strolled in and chose a dragon they were entitled to.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

The only one law of the land that’s been a constant this entire kickstarter has pretty much been, 1st come 1st served. I didnt get a lot of my choices and then afterwards I also couldn’t get many of my clone choices either and settled on many. It was frustrating at the time but everything eventually worked out. It’s been a wild ride getting from point A to B, but it seems impossible to claim something that wasn’t ever an initial choice from the beginning and have it be fair to all the other backers who played by the rules.
              Maybe next kickstarter ( if there is still one for the next novel ) there could be a tier for 500 bucks+ or something to get a custom paint scheme on a sculpt. (Dragon, poad, whatever the sculpt of choice is by Melody to offer such a tier) that’s limited to a certain amount as to not overwork her. Maybe the mass production sculpt for other backers who cant get that would be the lion kirin sculpt with the Rue Day novel. Although I think after all this Melody might be done with Kickstarter for a while. LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
              Participant

I hope that Melody is done with “You can choose the piece you want” Kickstarters. It makes things MUCH more difficult for everyone than they need to be.

Ideally, in my opinion, there should not be the fancy pieces like the Poads and the brightly painted Bantam dragons. Something like the Sir Garlen sculpts with no variation would be much better.

But, if Melody enjoys painting one-of-a-kind designs and likes having something unique as part of the rewards, treat it like a grab bag. I’m sure there would be some wailing, however I think the over-all level of stress would be much lower (especially for Windstone).

etruscan
                Participant

P.S. After re-reading my previous post I realize that “wailing” was a poor choice of words. I should have said “I’m sure there would be some unhappy people …”
                  My apologies!

Melody
                  Keymaster

I hope that Melody is done with “You can choose the piece you want” Kickstarters. It makes things MUCH more difficult for everyone than they need to be.

Ideally, in my opinion, there should not be the fancy pieces like the Poads and the brightly painted Bantam dragons. Something like the Sir Garlen sculpts with no variation would be much better.

But, if Melody enjoys painting one-of-a-kind designs and likes having something unique as part of the rewards, treat it like a grab bag. I’m sure there would be some wailing, however I think the over-all level of stress would be much lower (especially for Windstone).

Well, I’m certainly not going to depend on Kickstarter messaging again!

Kim
                    Blocked

What appears to have happened with this Kickstarter though is the rules keep changing. It was posted here before that people couldn’t claim other numbers than they requested as they might be taking one someone else requested. I was following the rules. I didn’t request anyone else’s numbers. I requested a leftover rainbow dragon at the end if no other rainbows were painted. I would have taken 146 whether it had stripes or not but I was told to wait til the end to claim one once pictures were posted. So as soon as they had stripes added suddenly both rainbows get claimed when the whole time no one wanted them? How is that even possible that someone else could just claim one when everyone else’s should have already been painted and claimed? It was my idea to add stripes and I waited til the end to claim my last dragon that I requested only to have someone else take it.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Kim, you have said a few times on the forum you purchased dragons without even picking numbers so any dragon you picked to fulfill your pledge could have theoretically been someone else’s clone choice that they were then unable to claim themselves… so you’re doing the same thing your complaining about. It is what it is and Melody is going to paint more to fulfill the demand by the sound of it. If Melody didnt make tigers out of the leftover rainbows would you have still have attempted to even claim any of them? Were they being custom painted just for you? How would that be fair to everyone else that participated in the kickstarter that you alone get get dibs on customized pieces? If Melody painted them on a whim at a suggestion it doesnt mean they’re automatically yours. She did the same as she has the whole kickstarter. Someone else saw them before you did and you’ll get a clone of the ones you want. It’s been this way since the beginning. I’m sure you will be taken care of just like every other backer has. Many of us settled for clones on our picks.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Kim
                        Blocked

Obviously nothing is custom. I had mentioned rainbow tigers weeks ago but didn’t expect it to happen. I requested a general rainbow one weeks ago. When I didn’t see any others painted I requested a leftover rainbow instead of a clone and was told to wait til the end to pick one. So I assumed the point in waiting was to pick one after everyone else had already had their clones painted and picked. When I was told stripes might be added I was more than happy to wait to pick one at the end, not expecting it to somehow be open to anyone to pick from again. That’s fine if Melody wants to paint more clones but the purpose of picking a leftover was to save her the work of not having to paint more clones. The ones I requested were not clones as no one wanted them til they had stripes.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

But if they’re not clones and weren’t ever offered prior as something you could select then they should be offered to everyone equally dont you think? They were posted publically to pick from just like all the other bantams. Nobody could have claimed them prior if they didnt exist as they are.

Well, like it was said already Melody will paint more of them. Hopefully you love them even more. I hope that’s that case.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

etruscan
                            Participant

Kickstarter message #16 has arrived – progress on the Bantam dragon clones and how to claim a rainbow tiger.
                              Quoting the message here for anyone who may have missed it:

Last of the clones posted!
                              I think I have finished all of them now!

If you haven’t yet claimed the “clone ” bantam dragons you requested, check out this page: https://windstoneeditions.com/bantam-dragon-clones/

If you see the clone of the dragon you requested, let me know the number and letter in the messages here on Kickstarter. If the messages thing doesn’t work for you, you can email me Reptangle @gmail.com. Include your backer number.

If you still don’t see a clone you requested, let me know!

Since many people have requested the Rainbow tiger colored dragons, I will be painting a batch of them as mystery grabbags. You won’t be able to choose individual ones but they will be only $240 each.

If you wish to add rainbow tigers to your order, let me know that you want one ( or more) so I know how many to paint. To add these to your order, email susie@windstoneeditions.com. She will send you a Paypal invoice for the extra amount.

Susie
                              Keymaster

When emailing us please give us your Kickstarter Backer number (in the subject line is nice!)

Melody is the person handling the assignment of Choose yOur Own dragons to people – if you have questions about your choices or still need to tell her which one you want – email her at reptangle@gmail.com

We are adding Sand colored Bantams to the Kickstarter pledges in the same manner as adding the Mystery Rainbow Tiger dragons (or any other items not yet paid for) – email Susie and she’ll paypal you. If you need to pay for something additional not already included in your pledge email Susie service@windstoneeditions.com

If your pledge already includes a Mystery colored dragon and you want that Mystery to be a Rainbow Tiger Mystery – Please email Susie at service@windstoneeditions.com (or Melody – Include your backer number! we are trying to count how many Mystery Rainbow Tigers Melody needs to paint)

Emails way better than Kickstarters messaging (or Kickstarter comments or putting your request on this forum or our Facebook page or anything like that) Put your backer number on your email! 🙂

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

Thank you for that bit of information. So…Once everyone’s orders are squared away, you’ll let us know if/when we can choose from the unclaimed clones?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.