Kickstarter for teh Bantam dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Kickstarter for teh Bantam dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

I plan to launch on SATURDAY the 4th of April! Not Friday.
      Teh Bantam dragon

StormDancer
      Participant

Saturday works great for me too

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

pipsxlch
        Participant

I’m off Saturdays so YAYY!!! 😁

Any idea of the time? I’ll try to get everything I need to do done early otherwise.

Edit I just saw the other thread- that’s 2PM for me, not a problem at all! I will doublecheck that Kickstarter is still letting me in.

yolanda
          Participant

So I have one number that’s my top choice but a couple others I also like next to that. If I kick in for just one am I also able to not only say my top number choice and then also list my next 2 choices just in case my top choice is taken ? This way i would have a chance at at least one of them i liked even if it’s not my top choice .
            If i could afford more then one I’d definately do it but one is all i can afford and there were only about 3 i fell in love with .
            Thought I’d throw that question out there before everything starts so I’d know and since this is my very first kickstarter I have participated in.

Melody
            Keymaster

So I have one number that’s my top choice but a couple others I also like next to that. If I kick in for just one am I also able to not only say my top number choice and then also list my next 2 choices just in case my top choice is taken ? This way i would have a chance at at least one of them i liked even if it’s not my top choice .
              If i could afford more then one I’d definately do it but one is all i can afford and there were only about 3 i fell in love with .
              Thought I’d throw that question out there before everything starts so I’d know and since this is my very first kickstarter I have participated in.

Yes, list them in order of preference. Indicate that you would like ONE dragon from among your picks, not all three!

Melody
              Keymaster

I’m off Saturdays so YAYY!!! 😁

Any idea of the time? I’ll try to get everything I need to do done early otherwise.

Edit I just saw the other thread- that’s 2PM for me, not a problem at all! I will doublecheck that Kickstarter is still letting me in.

I will try to launch around 11 am PST, on Saturday, but if it goes like last time, it may get delayed. Last time I clicked the “launch” button… and nothing happened. It took me some time to sort out what the problem was with Kickstarter. I have this effect on programs.

Kim
                Blocked

I think I may try and get two and hopefully others don’t want the same ones. Can we message you ahead with ones we like or just as soon as the kickstarter starts?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

I think I may try and get two and hopefully others don’t want the same ones. Can we message you ahead with ones we like or just as soon as the kickstarter starts?

This should not be allowed in my opinion.

I think sending a message prior to the Kickstarter of the ones you like best would be confusing to Melody and a potential unfair advantage over Backers going through the Kickstarter and requesting their dragons using the correct method.

In the Kickstarter you need to PLEDGE the Reward tier first and put in your funding information – thus ‘locking’ in your PLEDGE for a Reward, and THEN you will be able to message the Kickstarter Creator (Melody) through the Kickstarter system. That is the way the Kickstarter system works.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

So relieved it’s going to be Saturday. *tears of joy* Sorry I’ve been so emotional lately. So on edge with my job and working all these screwed up hours catering to people not listening to quarantine. Now it’s been extended to May. At least I have a job but it’s been so stressful.

Back to the kickstarter, I seem to have no issue sending a message currently. Is it because I have an account already or am I using the incorrect method?

Melody I sent you a message on kickstarter (not claiming dragons because I agree that would be unfair to claim then before it goes live) but just asking if I used the correct messaging method.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Hi Guys – I previously posted this KS Messaging ‘tutorial’ on page 2 of “The up coming kickstarter for the Bantam dragon” thread and thought it may be helpful to also add it here. I have a good bit of experience backing Kickstarter campaigns, so if you have further questions don’t hesitate to ping me.

*~*~*~*~*~*
                        OK – Here’s some additional information about the ‘Ask A Question’ button, and probably where Melody remembers seeing the ‘Messages’ section…

The ‘Ask A Question’ button will submit a direct message to the Creator and this message chain is ONLY between the Backer sending it and the Creator – No one else can view these messages so you don’t need to worry about any other Backer viewing what you sent.

These direct (private) messages are located within your Account section – after logging into your account, click your icon in the upper right to expand your Account window and you can then click on the Messages section. If a message has been sent to you Kickstarter will also send you an email, so you don’t need to constantly go in here to see if there is a message. You will be alerted by the KS email to you.

1_Accessing-Account-1

Clicking on the Messages link will open your ‘Messages’ screen where you will see all the past/present Kickstarters you have pledged, where you either used the ‘Ask A Question’ feature or received a direct message from the Creator. Simply select the appropriate Kickstarter ‘Message’ box you want to view. As an example, you see that I’ve backed quite a few Kickstarters. I’ll select ‘The Veligent’ Kickstarter Message box to view my direct/private messages to/from Melody:

2_KS-Messages_in-your-Account-1

THIS is what the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages screen will look like. Notice that the messages are only between me and Melody – no one else can view these because they are private and in my account only. The messages continue on the screen, so you need to scroll down if you have many, and at the end of the string you have the option to send another reply.
                        But most importantly, they are all here and you can view them all, and also see when you sent a message and when you received a reply because the messages are date stamped and in order of receipt.

This would be how Melody could know who claimed a dragon first – look at the date stamp on the ‘Ask A Question’ direct messages and also in which order the messages are received. She should get all of her messages from all of us on the same Message string, and they probably would post in order of date stamp and in order of receipt into Melody’s message stream as well.

3_Messages-Page-Example-1

4_Can-Reply-easily-1

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                        Blocked

I meant could we message ahead about ones we liked because people were posting before which numbers they liked in case Melody had a lot of interest in certain ones and needed to paint more. There’s only a handful I really like and I am not going to even try for the train wreck one or others I know people want so my thinking was if I messaged about a couple I liked, if others wanted them too I was hoping she could paint more. I posted in the other threads which one I was hoping for but then someone else said they also wanted that one.

Bodancia
                          Participant

Thank you Ela_Hara for going over (again) how to do messages in Kickstarter. It is NOT intuitive! I’m sure there will be a certain amount of fumbling once it goes live and many of us are trying to send in a selection for dragons. It makes a lot of sense to send your top three choices, so that you have more of a possibility of getting at least one. There are certainly PLENTY of amazing dragons to choose from! I’d like to get two, but am still in the process of deciding which two! LOL

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

Melody
                            Keymaster

Just as soon as it launches! I don’t think the messages thing works until the campaign is live.

Melody
                              Keymaster

I meant could we message ahead about ones we liked because people were posting before which numbers they liked in case Melody had a lot of interest in certain ones and needed to paint more. There’s only a handful I really like and I am not going to even try for the train wreck one or others I know people want so my thinking was if I messaged about a couple I liked, if others wanted them too I was hoping she could paint more. I posted in the other threads which one I was hoping for but then someone else said they also wanted that one.

Let me know what colors you like, and I will try to accommodate!

Kim
                                Blocked

Let me know what colors you like, and I will try to accommodate!

I was hoping for one with pink and aqua. The closest one I think would be 142 as I like the lighter colours it has but I wasn’t sure if it was too blue for my collection. So if someone else wants that one I would be very happy with something similar if it was like that but with pink and aqua instead of pink and blue. I love the aqua eyes too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.