fbpx

The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Graham
    Participant

I like that idea where the backers who didn’t get their choices from this batch get first pick in the next one so it is fair to them.

Jennifer Graham

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Just to clarify – I believe the Backers who should get first choice from new batches are the Backers who have not received ANY dragons yet from the original barrage of messages sent when the KS launched, and not just those Backers that didn’t get their initial first, second or third choices but DID get a dragon nonetheless.

Also remember – Melody did mention in previous forum thread discussions that once you Claim a Dragon that’s it. NO switching for one you like better later. We can switch among ourselves and inform Ms Susie if dragons are being switched among members so they can be shipped correctly, but NO switching such as: “I have claimed dragon #35, but now I like #350 from new batch 3 and would like to trade my #35 for #350 dragon.”

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

How many previously rules have already been broken though? Filling orders by, time stamp, waiting until the kickstarter begins to send your picks, claiming dragons by kickstarter message only (someone told me they claimed dragons by Facebook messages when they’re contact button wasn’t working)
          You think people aren’t going to beg to swap from new batches, especially if they didnt get their top choice? I have no faith in that rule not being bent and broken for select people.
          Im not trying to be a jerk but I cannot express how upsetting it is to spend hours watching the livestream, pick all your dragons and back ups, be super prepared, follow the rules, get your stuff done and sent in 30 seconds, feel confident and find out it was for nothing. Not only that buy find out other who were far later down the que got their picks and you never got messaged and then wake up the next morning to an update almost everything is claimed. It’s just very frustrating.
          I even investigated this message system prior with Ela_Hara to make sure folks had a more seamless experience claiming dragons because the inital directions were incorrect. I’m just over here like… why did I even try.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ann Marie
          Participant

As backer 71 I can see how all my choices might have been taken before my number came up, but people with lower backer numbers have reason to be upset. The next time there is a kickstarter like this, there should be a rule like in the grab bags where you can only claim one in the first round. Then, after everyone who initially pledged gets a chance at a dragon, you can go back and claim a second, or a third or whatever.

Magentas-Cat

yolanda
            Participant

I’m with Drag0nfeathers on this . So disappointing. I was backer 32 and havent heard back yet either but I also had trouble with the contact button not working at all and when I used the FAQ section it took a bit to get that info and by that time my message was likely at the bottom of the list.
              Going based by backer # would have been the fairest way to do it .
              I’m pretty sure my choices are all gone too and if I’m unable to get a guarantee I will get something I will like I will need to back out because I too just dont have that kind of money to throw away on something I wouldnt be happy with.

LZ
              Participant

Kickstarter is not really the right platform for this type of OOAK grab bag/u-pick. They work better when reward tiers are well-defined with strictly pre-planned items for sale, with stretch goals that can entice more people to spend for more intricate bonus items to become available.

I regularly participate in a clusterflap similar to this every two months, not on Kickstarter, with 300+ people (more than Windstone’s KS) vying for ten to fifteen of a thing. That place ended up using a lottery system so their servers don’t crash on opening day. They collect names for several days ahead of opening, then run the lottery on opening day.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I fully understand the frustration believe me – I am Backer #106 so I’m pretty positive I’ll need to choose from a later batch. Perhaps once those batches open up the choices are given to Backers in their Backer pledge order.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I’m just fuming because now I see people posting numbers I claimed who also state they sent their messages well after I did. Not mad at them, it’s not their fault. but to say its going to go by time stamp and then this happens is not cool… I don’t want something similar painted for me at this point so I can take the gamble once again. This entire thing needs a complete mulligan.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Christine
                    Participant

How many previously rules have already been broken though? Filling orders by, time stamp, waiting until the kickstarter begins to send your picks, claiming dragons by kickstarter message only (someone told me they claimed dragons by Facebook messages when they’re contact button wasn’t working)
                      You think people aren’t going to beg to swap from new batches, especially if they didnt get their top choice? I have no faith in that rule not being bent and broken for select people.
                      Im not trying to be a jerk but I cannot express how upsetting it is to spend hours watching the livestream, pick all your dragons and back ups, be super prepared, follow the rules, get your stuff done and sent in 30 seconds, feel confident and find out it was for nothing. Not only that buy find out other who were far later down the que got their picks and you never got messaged and then wake up the next morning to an update almost everything is claimed. It’s just very frustrating.
                      I even investigated this message system prior with Ela_Hara to make sure folks had a more seamless experience claiming dragons because the inital directions were incorrect. I’m just over here like… why did I even try.

Even in all the craziness, your case seems odd. While I get how, unfortunately, folks who sent a second message at some point (e.g. to try and help someone else who couldn’t message) may have gotten pushed down in the message queue and windstone staff didn’t realize that until it was too late, it sounds like you flew through everything in the first minute, which got you an early backer number and should have made your message one of the very first to come through.

I refreshed the KS page constantly and pledged as soon as I saw it was live. I pasted a pre-written message into Contact me and sent it as soon as I could (2-3 min after the hour). My backer confirmation email from KS is timestamped 1 minute after the hour, and I am backer 55.

I heard yesterday evening that I had gotten 1 of my top 5 choices (I bought 3), and I’d had a feeling she would probably be the least popular of my picks. My message was fairly complicated (these 3, or if not, fill in with these 2, or if not, I’ll wait for similar painted ones of these, or if not, this list of alternates), so I wouldn’t imagine that a complicated or lengthy message would have been set aside for later.

I hope you hear back soon, and I hope the news is good.

Christine
                      Participant

Based on suggestions in this thread, these are my thoughts on a possible path forward after the resolution of initial KS message requests:

1. Windstone team gets a list of backers in order of backer number (hopefully this is easy to do through KS).

2. Sometime this next week, pictures of still-available first batch dragons and additional newly painted dragons are posted.

3. Backers who haven’t had their choose-your-own orders fulfilled (whether all their choices were gone, whether they got 1 but ordered more, whether they were waiting for more to be painted in colors they liked, whatever), have some amount of time to submit new requests: for existing dragons, new dragons, a combination, whatever. If they are unable to submit requests via KS, perhaps emails to Melody’s gmail account or some other method of contact would be fine too. Regardless, order of requests received does not matter.

4. Once a set amount of time has passed and these requests have been received, the Windstone team addresses them in order of backer number until they have all been resolved.

5. Possibly rinse and repeat with dragons remaining after that secondary round and with any additional that have been painted in the meantime, for backers who still haven’t had all their choose-your-own dragons fulfilled (whether the ones they wanted were claimed by earlier backers, or they were waiting for others to be painted, etc).

Thoughts?

Ann Marie
                        Participant

I like Christine’s suggestions. They seem fair.

Magentas-Cat

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

I’m screwed either way. I had issues with KS delaying my backer number. It kicked my payment and made me use a totally different CC. The other one worked just fine on Friday, and then I couldn’t send a message until almost an hour later. I set everything up, and if it could have gone wrong for me on the platform it did. I expect I am not the only one with technical difficulties who feels like they got the short end of the stick.
                            The message system clearly doesn’t work with time stamps, so Windstone will need to decide how to prioritize requests for dragons. Once they have made that decision then people can start claiming dragons.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Skylover
                            Participant

I like Christine’s suggestions as well. I was backer #10, but because of the button not working, I was not able to submit my request for over an hour. The first come first served messaging thing put me at the very back of the list despite being one of the first backers, and as a result I didn’t get a dragon.

etruscan
                              Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to solve the biggest problem – the people who were most ready when the Kickstarter began and were first to pledge are the people who are losing out. As an example (not pointing fingers), when pledge numbers 1, and 4, and 13 don’t get their choices but number 70 does it is obvious that the system failed. It is too late to start awarding dragons by pledge number because Melody already has given them to the messages that did get through.

Melody will try to make everyone happy, and we appreciate her efforts, but I doubt that it can be done.

Christine
                                Participant

You’re right, they probably can’t take back messages telling people they won dragons (though arguably this would be a fair thing to do… can we vote? Heh). Having fulfillment from here on out be in order of backer number would be a very small compensation for those who were most prepared and had the system fail them, but at least it would allow things to go smoother and fairer moving forward.

If for the newly painted ones it is first-messaged first-served, I will try to get my picks in right away, since I still need to pick out two dragons. But I’m backer 55, and I think that anyone who pledged before me should get their pick – with no rush on time – before I do.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.