The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Graham
    Participant

And why wouldn’t they want to continue? It’s something they love doing and there is a high demand for them if you notice the kickstart and how much money it has raised in the first day.

Jennifer Graham

Marianne
      Participant

I agree. They have worked so hard for months and so much disappointment. I do understand the glitches but it must be difficult for them after all this work. I really hope this kind of event will happen again.

Melody and the Windstone crew must have some very thick skin to want to keep running their business.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

I suspect Lisa was pointing out we have been hard on Windstone and crew with our disappointment. Myself included.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Dragon_Hoarder
          Participant

Melody’s reasoning for using the message system makes sense since she didn’t want the first backers taking a long time to decide and holding up the process for everyone else. If the messaging system hadn’t gone down there wouldn’t be so much grief going around. This is definitely an unusual use of the kickstarter message system so it isn’t too surprising their were issues but it’s not terrible to think that a global system would be able to handle that. It definitely handles having hundreds or thousands of people submitting pledges in a short time frame without an issue. The best thing to do at this point is to just learn from it and change the process for the future.

Setsunawolf
            Participant

I suspect that thinking an early backer wouldn’t have those dragon picked out is a mistake. That being said, Windstone could have put a time limit on keeping your place in queue. Like you have 1 hour to submit your choices and then we will be moving onto the next person. Wouldn’t work for an average KS, but as we have demonstrated we are not average backers.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Dragon_Hoarder
              Participant

I don’t think the issue was whether the backer would have them picked out, rather it was whether they would be available and respond quickly. It also depends on windstone being able to see backer numbers. I’ve never been on that side of a kickstarter so I don’t know if that information is available. If it isn’t then they need to instruct people to forward the backer confirmation which can cause it’s own set of issues.

The windstone crew is already putting in a ton of effort to paint more dragons to try and make sure everyone gets something they like and I’m sure they’ll take all the issues we’ve seen so far into account when they start letting people, myself included, choose from the new batches.

Kim
                Blocked

Yolanda I messaged you as I finally heard back and Melody said I got 133 and you got 134. My messages literally got pushed back to probably almost last after I messaged for a few people and to top it off got pushed back even more when I cancelled my request for Tig3r after she threw a fit for me trying to help so yeah I’m surprised we got anything at all.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

LZ
                  Participant

The KS total has gone DOWN since yesterday. How much must that hurt the heart when a team has worked so hard, when there is a history of going beyond typical service, no matter how many years in the business. Virtual top shelf NY wines for you, Windstone.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

I’m sure the total will go up again before the April 18th end.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Zeppard Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
                      Participant

I agree. They have worked so hard for months and so much disappointment. I do understand the glitches but it must be difficult for them after all this work. I really hope this kind of event will happen again.

Melody and the Windstone crew must have some very thick skin to want to keep running their business.

I suspect Lisa was pointing out we have been hard on Windstone and crew with our disappointment. Myself included.

This. It really sucks that people who were Johnnie on the spot and did everything right got screwed over by a system nobody knew was inadequate until it was. I bet none of us is wishing there was a way to make it right now for everyone than Melody is.

I got lucky this time, last Kickstarter I was one who couldn’t make it work at all with the Poads. If it wasn’t for Melidy going out of her way to accomodate us and Susie getting it done, I would have been without. So I do understand a little, and I believe at least part of the delay is their trying to figure out how best to proceed. Don’t forget Melody is just getting over being ill. She’s one person and can do only so much.

Jmho. Thank you Melody for what you do for us.

Kim
                        Blocked

I know a couple people backed out of the Kickstarter unfortunately when they couldn’t get their picks. I should say though I am super grateful at Melody being willing to paint more to try and make everyone happy. I was disappointed I couldn’t get 170 or 142 but Melody said she’d try and paint me something similar. I just hope that the ones she paints for people who missed them will be offered to them first so there isn’t a free for all again that everyone thinks they can try and take one that was painted for someone else.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Christine
                          Participant

The KS total has gone DOWN since yesterday. How much must that hurt the heart when a team has worked so hard, when there is a history of going beyond typical service, no matter how many years in the business. Virtual top shelf NY wines for you, Windstone.

True. That said, I want to thank them all again very much for going the route of letting backers pick out individual pieces. Without that I wouldn’t have participated at all; too much much money for me to take a random chance on color.

Even those who backed early and currently have no dragons (message glitch, message somehow not seen, message pushed back, someone else claimed their choices, etc.) are in a better position than they would have been with a blind grab bag campaign since there will be more pieces to pick from soon.

Thank you Melody & team for the individual color choice option that – one way or another – was bound to be much more headache than a random grab bag!

Natasha
                            Participant

True. That said, I want to thank them all again very much for going the route of letting backers pick out individual pieces. Without that I wouldn’t have participated at all; too much much money for me to take a random chance on color.

Even those who backed early and currently have no dragons (message glitch, message somehow not seen, message pushed back, someone else claimed their choices, etc.) are in a better position than they would have been with a blind grab bag campaign since there will be more pieces to pick from soon.

Thank you Melody & team for the individual color choice option that – one way or another – was bound to be much more headache than a random grab bag!

Sorry, I disagree with your statement that we are in a better position than with a grab bag. In that case, lots of people are open to trade/sale since it’s just a blind grab. In this case, people who were given their faves are quite unlikely to trade.

Also, of course some people adjusted their pledges! If someone offered to buy multiple faves, thought that since they got their message in right away as told, and then found out they could not have any of them, it doesn’t make sense they’d still spend a big chunk of money on unwanted pieces. All of Melody’s pieces are lovely, but there are few pieces in this batch that I want for my collection. And I’m sure you can understand someone who found out that the original system didn’t work being set against trying to go through that whole rigamarole again. Especially when Melody said it will take several weeks to paint more and the Kickstarter closes in less than 2 weeks.

Like I said – I feel cheated. I didn’t cancel my pledge, but I absolutely am not down with waiting to see if something I like gets painted when if I end up NOT liking anything I will have already been charged. So I chose to take one of three dragons I am ok with. Not thrilled, because if the message worked, there were only three people who could have chosen before me.

Also, I haven’t seen anyone on her trashing Windstone or the staff. In fact, I think even angry people are going out of their way to be polite. But Windstone IS a business, and are selling a product. Getting feedback from your customers is part of owning a business.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                              ANY Red Eyed Unis
                              ANY Test Paint Bat
                              UNIS:
                              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                              Male- Snow Leopard TP
                              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                              Mother: Okapi
                              Gothic - Mahogany
                              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

Natasha has a point. If this had been a GB, I would not have participated because there only 6 pieces I liked. My chances of getting one of those 6 are pretty small. With the virus, I would not have risked it. Since I thought, I would get to choose a dragon, there was no risk involved so I justified spending the money because I “knew” I would get one I wanted.
                                I, now, find myself on a position of uncertainty. I will wait for the next round, but if nothing I like is painted before the end of the campaign, I would feel obligated to pull my money back. I can’t justify spending $250 on something I don’t love when I’m not working and there is a pandemic. You all know I wrestled with even buying one to begin with. (Again my issue, not Windstone’s)
                                I want to support Windstone. I want them to survive this pandemic, but it’s a lot of money in an uncertain time, so I also want to love what I get.
                                The fact that I believe Windstone will try their hardest to do right by me is why I’m waiting. (I’m not really good at it)

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Christine
                                Participant

I’m curious who the 4 people are (at one point there were 10) who picked the “Mystery Dragon” pledge tier… it’s only $10 less than a choose your own, and since so many people did pledge at the choose your own level, any dragon that one of those folks thought was attractive will likely have been claimed by time the rest are shipped out at the end of the campaign… interesting choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.