fbpx

The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements The Bantam dragon Kickstarter

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

Hmm. I wouldn’t think many people would have been able to get their second choice, as you did, out of 170 possibilities if it were a blind grab bag situation. But I definitely shouldn’t have made that a statement; it was more of a hopeful opinion, and I should be careful not to speak for anyone else.

I do wonder who ended up with your top choice, 115. It seems to have been a very popular one. I really liked 116 and hope he’s headed somewhere nice… I saw a several mentions of him too, but 115 seems to have been loved by even more people.

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

Natasha has a point. If this had been a GB, I would not have participated because there only 6 pieces I liked. My chances of getting one of those 6 are pretty small. With the virus, I would not have risked it. Since I thought, I would get to choose a dragon, there was no risk involved so I justified spending the money because I “knew” I would get one I wanted.
        I, now, find myself on a position of uncertainty. I will wait for the next round, but if nothing I like is painted before the end of the campaign, I would feel obligated to pull my money back. I can’t justify spending $250 on something I don’t love when I’m not working and there is a pandemic. You all know I wrestled with even buying one to begin with. (Again my issue, not Windstone’s)
        I want to support Windstone. I want them to survive this pandemic, but it’s a lot of money in an uncertain time, so I also want to love what I get.
        The fact that I believe Windstone will try their hardest to do right by me is why I’m waiting. (I’m not really good at it)

I’m with you here, 100%

This whole KS messaging system has got me thinking….with its system system glitching out, coupled with the uncertaintly of its accuracy in keeping people’s places, and the gross percentage KS takes from the company’s earnings… what if Windstone didnt use KS next time? This is what I came up with..

Phase 1: They could advertise the new product with the numbered colors that will be available before they’re released – everyone would have time to pick their favourites over time, stress free.

Then, set a date and time to register for the purchase of one by email

Then, people would get a confirmation email that their registration was received and we are given a number

Phase 2: A Period of time is set and announced, where you are free to email your selection to Windstone. A diary date is set for all emails if they wish to keep their place in the line. This gives the company some time to get things done in oder of registration, checking span/junk forders, stress free. Say you were the first one to register but didnt send your email during the prescribed 7- days for example, you are out of luck and the company moves on to the next number.

One by one, dragons are selected and people are notified by email of their choice. All the people who got something they selected are done. They are invoiced through Paypal and the event is over for them.

Phase 3: only dealing with latecomers and people who didnt get their pick. As the company sends emails to those who didnt get their choice, they make a list of the colors that need to be painted.

Those people would get an email notification that their colour is being painted or not, and sent an invoice if applicable.

I think if things are advertised ahead of time, it will take the stress out of the game AND the company doesnt have to fork over so much of their profits to a third party like Ks
        I donno…Just a thought.

The leftover dragons can go in the special items section of the store, or offered as a grab bag with a preview of what you might get (like the leftover poads from the last ks)

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Kim
        Blocked

I like your idea. Melody needs to see these posts to hopefully try something else that would work better for next time.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

In my opinion you are missing one Very Big Component of this Kickstarter.
            One of the purposes of doing a Kickstarter is to put Windstone Editions’ name and products Out There into the World and potentially bring in new business for them and give others within the World the chance to see how Wonderful Ms. Melody’s Art is.

This Kickstarter is Not Confined to OR Solely for the Windstone Forum Members – it is bigger than all of us. Kickstarters can be viewed and backed by people All Around the WORLD – Not just on the Windstone Forum. It’s pretty pigeonholed to think that Only Windstone Forum members are pledging and backing this Kickstarter. From a lot of the comments I’ve read I feel that some of you think this – that the Kickstarter is only for WS Forum members.

Not doing a Kickstarter and moving to a personal website format, or only keeping to the WS Forums, would severely Limit what Windstone Editions as a company could and would accomplish. Do you really think that the current $70,434 pledged is ALL from us WS Forum Members? Would Windstone really be able to get this kind of money from Only Us within 14 days? I think some sort of Crowd Funding site would still need to be used and whatever is used still might have the same/similar problems and issues – no matter which is selected.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
            Participant

When I went on KS@1:02 our time and over $22,000 had been pledged.In 2minutes. Windstone needs that immediate cash inflow.I for one,am thrilled it went KS instead of in-store.I think they should use KS for all new sculpt releases and as Ela_Hara said,the WORLD is watching KS projects.It will all work out.Ms.Melody has always reached out and made us all happy.The single only company to do what she does for us I have ever come across in the world.Lets support her just as strongly in return.Much love to go around.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

LZ
              Participant

Windstone would have to do research for which of their backers was already on the forums or not. Maybe a question could be included on the end of KS survey so they can gather that data. Did KS actually bring in a significant portion of sales or not? Was it all worth it?

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Setsunawolf
                Participant

Ela_Hara is right here. I made similar post when Melody was asking when to launch the KS. If Windstone is using KS as an advertising medium to draw in new business it may be worth the percentage of sales they loose to draw in new business. A private platform doesn’t give them the same visibility.
                  If KS works at increasing revenue, then Windstone should continue to use it. However, they should pay attention to the feedback they are getting here in order to make the process smoother. Keeping purchasers happy is part of running a successful business. We are spoiled here because Melody and Co are so responsive, and I love that. It’s why I wanted to support the KS during a pandemic.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

tig3r06
                  Participant

I feel like that’s part of why I’m upset. I felt there would be alot more than just the forum members we see commenting here for the limited stock shown. Whether it be brand new people or people who collect but don’t do the forum, it was gonna be more insane than a grab bag. So I knew I had to be fast to have a chance at my couple picks with the small amount made for how much I felt this was going to blow up with pledges. Her work is gorgeous so it was most definitely going to blow up. And what I really had my heart set on and got me to back this was the chance of a tiger. So when my button broke being backer 30, and it’s still broke, it was very upsetting knowing my chances dropped significantly the more time I lost while watching the pledge total skyrocket. So yes, I’m upset, and I still was lucky to get the green one that thankfully no one had wanted before me when some didn’t get any at all yet, and I’m going to keep trying even with a broken button and no idea how I will compete quickly for a tiger pick. And I really feel this will blow up with more pledges again when new pics are posted and probably crash kickstarter again 😆
                    I also feel for the people who dont do the forum and might not have access to windstone background, support and place to express their feelings like we do with each other here.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

Tig3er, my button is finally working. I would be happy to submit your request with mine if you are still having trouble.
                      I’ve been whiney about not getting something I like. Even if Melody doesn’t paint something I like, I will buy a Sand dragon because I want to support Windstone.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

tig3r06
                      Participant

Tig3er, my button is finally working. I would be happy to submit your request with mine if you are still having trouble.
                        I’ve been whiney about not getting something I like. Even if Melody doesn’t paint something I like, I will buy a Sand dragon because I want to support Windstone.

Thank you Setsunawolf, I’ll keep you updated and if it works everyone will know too because I’ll post a YAY post if/when it finally works.
                        I’ve been eyeballing 83 too, but haven’t tried for him because not sure if I should spend more than on two right now. I should probably only have done one anyway, but I want a tiger. We’ll see how this all plays out next round…which I’ve grumbled about, but will still try it.

StormDancer
                        Participant

I think KS is a good way for them to get in new clients. But maybe there would be a way of using a combination of the Windstone site and the KS platform.

Something like Melody paints say, 10-15 display dragons or whatever the KS will be for, in differing colors and designs and posts them here, on FB, Deviant Art and where ever else she wants to deal with as a preview.
                          Then has a way for everyone to see and comment on which one they would want one similar to (since we all seem to be drawn to color schemes first, then narrow it down to the ones we want most out of a color scheme). This gives her a good idea of what base colors to paint to begin with.
                          She can then put those displays in the KS with each color being a different tier.
                          Then as you pledge you can take a screen shot of your pledge number and email that to a Windstone KS email address. (Unless Melody is notified of this thru KS)
                          Windstone can then go down the line of emails or backer numbers.

My theory is that Melody always ends up painting more, geared color-wise toward those who didn’t get first picks to begin with.
                          Instead of painting hundreds of FINISHED items right off the bat, people pledge, send Windstone their backer number and Windstone then sends out a questionnaire within so many days of launch, asking people to fine tune their color choice. With say, up to 3 things, such as eye color, highlight colors (up to 2) and if you want it as close as possible to the display item or if Melody can go wild within that color scheme.

In theory, things would not be as hectic because everyone knows they will get one they like in a color they want. If its stated that the questionnaire wont be sent out for “X” amount of days after KS launches, it will give people time to send in their backer number without flooding the system.

That way she can work down the line and no one is nearly as rushed as things have been in the preceeding KS’s. Melody still will end up painting a bunch of items, but thats no different than now other than people are much calmer and willing to be patient, especially if they know that they get a bit of say in what they are getting.

So this is my attempt at something a bit calmer to everyone. lol

And backer 38 (that’s me!) is stillll waiting to hear if I got any of my picks, lol.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

That’s not a bad idea. It would also give Melody time to paint extra without the stress of people wanting it now. If I go into a KS knowing I will have to wait for my item to be produced, it’s not nearly as stressful. I waited a year for one reward tier because it was an original painting. I didn’t mind waiting because it was such a unique reward. The artist only had a few rewards at that level.
                            It’s about managing expectations. If you manage expectations early people are more flexible.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

tig3r06
                            Participant

I think KS is a good way for them to get in new clients. But maybe there would be a way of using a combination of the Windstone site and the KS platform.

Something like Melody paints say, 10-15 display dragons or whatever the KS will be for, in differing colors and designs and posts them here, on FB, Deviant Art and where ever else she wants to deal with as a preview.
                              Then has a way for everyone to see and comment on which one they would want one similar to (since we all seem to be drawn to color schemes first, then narrow it down to the ones we want most out of a color scheme). This gives her a good idea of what base colors to paint to begin with.
                              She can then put those displays in the KS with each color being a different tier.
                              Then as you pledge you can take a screen shot of your pledge number and email that to a Windstone KS email address. (Unless Melody is notified of this thru KS)
                              Windstone can then go down the line of emails or backer numbers.

My theory is that Melody always ends up painting more, geared color-wise toward those who didn’t get first picks to begin with.
                              Instead of painting hundreds of FINISHED items right off the bat, people pledge, send Windstone their backer number and Windstone then sends out a questionnaire within so many days of launch, asking people to fine tune their color choice. With say, up to 3 things, such as eye color, highlight colors (up to 2) and if you want it as close as possible to the display item or if Melody can go wild within that color scheme.

In theory, things would not be as hectic because everyone knows they will get one they like in a color they want. If its stated that the questionnaire wont be sent out for “X” amount of days after KS launches, it will give people time to send in their backer number without flooding the system.

That way she can work down the line and no one is nearly as rushed as things have been in the preceeding KS’s. Melody still will end up painting a bunch of items, but thats no different than now other than people are much calmer and willing to be patient, especially if they know that they get a bit of say in what they are getting.

So this is my attempt at something a bit calmer to everyone. lol

And backer 38 (that’s me!) is stillll waiting to hear if I got any of my picks, lol.

This is how I had interpreted it for picking numbers. Pick a base number and get a similar if you don’t get the original.

I’m sorry you still haven’t been contacted. That’s where the frustration comes from too, people who were 1st, 4th, 10th, 13th backer, you 38th, getting helped after higher numbers or even not contacted still. I guess that is one good thing if you aren’t on the forum. You don’t see others getting claims before you.

tig3r06
                              Participant

So I found this while trying to figure out how to submit a trouble ticket with kickstarter for my stupid button still not working. Seems like this info might be helpful if it actually works during the kickstarter. Please see attached screenshot. I didnt insert it so that I didnt make a huge post.

Christine
                                Participant

So I found this while trying to figure out how to submit a trouble ticket with kickstarter for my stupid button still not working. Seems like this info might be helpful if it actually works during the kickstarter. Please see attached screenshot. I didnt insert it so that I didnt make a huge post.

Oh cool. You might email/message that directly to Melody if you haven’t already. Nice detective work.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 414 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.