So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 803 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

I agree as well. They are nice to see what may be available, but frankly since I end up only able to catch the last hour to 1-1/2 hours left of one I wouldn’t be able to use it for trying to claim a piece. On previous live-streams, which were recorded, I could watch them later and Oo and Ah at them to wonder what Grab Bag I might get.

I like when you post photos- but maybe more of the sculpt sides, not overhead shots that don’t show much detail. And posting on the WS Blog or deviantArt where everyone can seem to view them, especially for those who don’t have Facebook access. I really detest the fact that Facebook forces you to be a Facebook user to be able to see someone’s Facebook posts. At least on deviantArt people can see your Gallery and they don’t need to be signed up on dA – or on the WS Blog. You don’t need to be a forum member to see the forum posts, you just can’t comment on them.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Zeppard Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Susie
      Keymaster

Can’t anyone see Facebook posts that are “public”? I don’t dare log out because I’m not sure what my password is – so I cannot check!

pipsxlch
        Participant

I can’t at least. It redirects me to a page telling me to log in or sign up when I’ve tried.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Lol-logged me out right when I hit send!

Didn’t Melody say that she had problems with the blog, and couldn’t use it anymore? Too bad, it’s the most attractive and intuitive place to me as a viewer.

DeviantArt would work fine too. I don’t have an account, but have never had a problem viewing things there. Maybe make an announcement here when/if you do post class pics there, and posting a link to that page in it might help.

I like the format of the ‘graduation’ class pics, to get a good idea of how they look. (i.e the last post in the blog [GB oris], the recent GB cougars pics Etruscan crossposted from Facebook)

etruscan
            Participant

If you simply go to the Facebook website it does give you the log in/sign up page with no options to search for things.
              It will let you view the Windstone Editions Facebook page if you use this URL but you have to keep clicking “Not Now” on floating pop up pages:
              https://www.facebook.com/pg/WindstoneEditions/posts/?ref=page_internal

If you click on “Groups” in the list on the left of the Windstone Editions page you can get to the Windstone Editions Fan Club (official).
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/2137058736412490/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab&source_id=182267461813128

etruscan
              Participant

This is another public group devoted to Windstones. It was formed by Windstone collectors. You do not have to be a Facebook member to see the page.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/10988693518/

sherry10151982
                Participant

Wow thanks Etruscan!!

LZ
                  Participant

I actually have issues with DeviantArt, no idea why. Most of the time images are broken to me, or the pages just don’t load. Been that way for a few years now for me.

I like the class photos, though maybe with fewer per photo, so the picture could be more zoomed in on each individual and show details a little better. It would be nice to see more than one side of each sculpt.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Susie
                    Keymaster

Thank you Etruscan! So if we were to put a Facebook video up as a public item and we posted the URL to go directly to it, people SHOULD be able to view it. Maybe.

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

DeviantArt doesn’t load pages for me, either…. thought it was just me…

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what a “Bantam” is? LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Courtney
                          Participant

Imgur is a nice photo sharing site. It doesn’t require membership to view the albums. It would work good to share large quantities of photos.

If each picture had an identifying marker (like a #1 sticky, #2 sticky, ext) then people could browse the album and communicate which ones they liked to Melody by the identifying markers.

If you want an Imgur account it simply requires an email and password (the email doesn’t even have to be real. Just use the email as your username and make a password).

But like I said you don’t need anything to view the albums.

Here is an example. It’s super easy to just copy the link to the album and post it.

View post on imgur.com

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

Melody
                            Keymaster

It is a designation for breeds of small ( usually scrappy!) chickens. Also in the sport of boxing, it is a weight class for the smaller fighters.

(Google search)
                              Bantamweight 115–118 lbs 105 lbs in 1860 by London Prize Ring Rules; 116 lbs in 1898; 118 lbs in 1909 by NSC; Official at 118 lbs in 1920 by Walker Law

I have also heard it used to mean anything smaller than usual, but with qualities that belie expectations because of its size, like Bantam sweet corn. Tiny ears of incredibly flavorful sweetcorn.

( I used the word “belie” in a sentence!)

Melody
                              Keymaster

Deviantart is being weird lately. I thought it was me doing something wrong but now I don’t think so.
                                DA was so reliable and such a good place to post comic pages in the past!
                                Now lots of my pages don’t display at all, and it is glitchy about loading pages and updates. ttthppp
                                I hope they fix this stuff.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Deviantart is being glitchy lately.
                                  I THINK the problem is that it isn’t displaying tiff images anymore. DA did accept tiffs in the past, so I would post them sometimes.. and now they don’t show.
                                  DA was so reliable and such a good place to post comic pages! I hate to see it get weird.
                                  I hope they fix these problems.

I have been making an effort to keep the “Reptangle” section here on the Windstone website up to date.
                                  Maybe if I upload pages often enough I won’t need to spend half an hour trying to remember how to do it!

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 803 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.