fbpx

So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody So, what's next on the schedule? (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 803 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne-Marie
    Participant

I too like Bantum dragon; reminds me of my neighbor’s cute, petite, and spirited hens and roosters who all have personality plus !!

pipsxlch
      Participant

Same here, I don’t have Facebook, but hope to be able to participate. The class pics/ make a few choices/ email it in sounds good to me, and I LOVE the idea of being able to request something similar to a claimed dragon. That sounds like it would be an awful amount of work for you, though, Ms. Melody.

I love earthy colors best; my first love is old green. I know it’s not as popular as the bright and paint puke colors, but there’s a few of us around… I quite like the dragon on the far left in your group of 3 preview picture.

Nightcrow
        Participant

Oohh, what cool ideas for the bantam dragon kickstarter!

I would absolutely love to see him a rich jewel-toned blue, with metallic teal or silver eyes. A silver-and-black combo would be awesome, too!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

whisker hunter west
          Participant

“Bantam” makes me think of roosters / chickens / birds, I haven’t run across that word in other connotations to expand its meaning in my head. I think it would be a cool name for a gryphon style, but might be confusing on a dragon. “Sage” is a nice name, but I still like a “small” name, like Squire or Page or Prince.

For the Kickstarter – I like the idea of different tiers for increasingly special paint jobs. I’d also love if we could basically pre-order the new sculpt in colors we’re already collecting. Example of what I’m thinking below:

Tier 1: Current production & limited production colors (that are still produceable), pre-order to reserve yours
            ==> Pledge option ideas: one per planned color (ex. rainbow, white, gold, emerald, peacock, emerald peacock, BVP, pastel rainbow, prismatic spring…)
            ==> Advantage: gives Windstone a metric for how popular the new sculpt is, and gives buyers a chance to confirm / reserve a color to match their existing collection

Tier 2: Kickstarter-only limited production color
            ==> Pledge option ideas: one per KS-only color
            ==> Advantage: probably less work than all OOAK dragons? But still gives KS backers a special grab

Tier 2: OOAK “test paint” colors, like the pictures Melody posted before, or the previous mini-keeper grab bag
            ==> Pledge option ideas: if going with a grab bag style, maybe by color style: Cool (greens/blues/purples), Warm (reds/oranges/yellows), Earthy (greens/browns/golds), Moon (white/silver with accents), Night (black/grey with accents), Wild (anything!)
            ==> Advantage: Windstone has similar experience with the grab bag poads on the Poads on the Veligent Kickstarter

Tier 3: Fancy OOAK paint jobs, like with the Reptanglian (sp?) Poads or the small-batch grab bags (silhouettes, koi, etc.)
            ==> Pledge option ideas: Can offer several styles for those doing grab-bag experiences (ex. silhouette, safari, koi…)
            ==> Advantage: can limit number of available offerings (ex. 10-20 of each style if offering multiple options)

Tier 4: limited number of Named Dragons that come with COAs with sketches by Melody
            ==> Advantage: Adding a name + COA instantly adds more dramatic flair to the option

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

etruscan
            Participant

Lots of other things have been called “Bantam”, usually because they are small. Some of them I knew, but I had forgotten about Bantam Books:
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantam

I think that “Bantam” works well for a dragon. Just think of the bantam chicken as a small dinosaur.

Courtney
              Participant

Bantam is the best name 👍

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

dashesndots
                Participant

I like Bantam too!

Bodine
                  Participant

I don’t use FB much anymore,too much complaining and biatching drama.😜 Why not the live stream here like before and other medias of course.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Nightcrow
                    Participant

I think of two things: chickens, and boxing. 🙂 So I could see this little dragon as a ‘bantamweight’ warrior! But I do still like Squire a lot, too.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Every time I see “Bantam” I misread it because I’m dyslexic and i see “Batman” if I look at it really quick😂😂🤣!!! LOL!!

GardenNinja
                        Participant

You could tie a little black cape around its neck!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

sherry10151982
                          Participant

LOL!! Super cute GardenNinja and in fact, that’s EXACTLY what I’m going to do!

Melody
                            Keymaster

The KS site no longer supports live streams so I will need to use something else…I’m open to suggestions!
                              We’ve used Facebook to do live streams in the past, and it seems ok.

etruscan
                              Participant

I would be happy to have no livestreams at all. People set their hearts on particular pieces, and don’t get them, so the livestreams sometimes create as much angst as they do joy. I do realize that I’m probably part of a very small minority on this.

pipsxlch
                                Participant

I agree. However, I do admit my opinion may be slanted by not being able to access anything on Facebook. Even class pics seem to create some angst, but the playing field is a bit more level.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 803 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.